Kat’s Kalamari Klub (Squid Industries Mods)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
NoLaMel,,, Have ya checked the Tracker yet today?
My PMT was tracking tomorrow but now shows Del. today. Given that and our locations, be surprised if your TAC hasn't been moved up as well :thumbs:
I have the unknown black DB on the way. Holding off on the TAC till I see what people think. SVG is very helpful. The custom waffles he posted last night are beautiful, but I’m too tough on things. If you fish, go catch some crappie for me. Trying to plan a trip up in your direction for me and my mom before it gets too much harder for her to get around. She wants to back to Hazel, Lynn Grove and Murray.

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Oopsie,,, my Bad o_O
Yep, those Customs he posted were pretty B.A. :thumb:
Crappie ya say?,,,, I don't fish anymore but know some who do. Matter o fact, got about 36 of them thar Fil-Lets laid up in the Freezer justa waiting fer some hot Lard, Country Hush-Puppies, White Beans, and fresh sliced Vidalias. Corse ya gotta splash some Frank's or Lousiana Red up on 'em to make it jes Right ;)

Make up to the "Hood-in-the-Hollers", let me know.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Jealous! Catch them down here occasionally. They call them sac-a-lait. I’d rather fish than do just about anything else. Battery life on the DB makes it perfect for a day on the water. Just have to bring extra juice. I haven’t had time to dig much, but I’d like to see a picture of the TAC and DB together. When I head your way, I’ll let you know. Bet I won’t recognize anything anymore. Last time I was in Murray for a funeral in 2003, most of the places I remember were long gone. The old family farm is a freaking subdivision now.

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States
The old family farm is a freaking subdivision now.

My grandparents farm is identifiable only as a high spot in a ditch leading into a corn field. Not quite as bleak as a subdivision, but when I think of the good times there and what an anchor the place was to our family, it saddens me.

On the bright side, I decided that even before receiving TAC21 #1 in the mail, my life was incomplete until I have two, so TAC21 #2 is now also in the mail with three sets of Golisi 21700’s hot on its trail :D

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Tough Decision
:glug:
Check SVG , in a thread by LG ( long post), there’s pictures of the DB and TAC side by side. Face on and from the side. Its down in the comments of another comment. ( geez, does that even make sense?)I think the TAC will be too big for my pockets and girly mitts. :cry:

Hitcat44

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
It's a Chunk for sure. I'm gonna pass on the TAC for the time being and stick with my DB's.
PMT (Blk) has landed at the Fort. In the Morn it will get cleaned, primed, filled, and fired. IF it Does and Is as I think it Do and Be, will order another in SS expeditiously.
Then will be All-In for now.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
It's a Chunk for sure. I'm gonna pass on the TAC for the time being and stick with my DB's.
PMT (Blk) has landed at the Fort. In the Morn it will get cleaned, primed, filled, and fired. IF it Does and Is as I think it Do and Be, will order another in SS expeditiously.
Don’t we always say that? :lol:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Check SVG , in a thread by LG ( long post), there’s pictures of the DB and TAC side by side. Face on and from the side. Its down in the comments of another comment. ( geez, does that even make sense?)I think the TAC will be too big for my pockets and girly mitts. :cry:

Don’t we always say that? :lol:

Count me in.

Out?

What-EVER!!!! ;)

Off topic, but things are kinda quiet anyway, while everyone awaits arrivals.

@Hitcat44 - marvelous reading (IMO), and thought you might enjoy it too. Anyone else, feel free too :cool:

http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwpqjVyDY?oc=wa

HAPPY FRIDAY (four down, one to go). :thumbs:

Hitcat44

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
DB & PMT.jpg

Thanks DPL :thumb: I'll check that out.

The PMT:
Jury still out for me.... holding off on another in SS for now.
Aesthetics: 9.5
Manufacture/Threading/Finish/Materials etc: 9.5
Design (Assembly/Disassembly/Cleaning/Coil/AFC): 9
Capacity(3ml-?): 7 (I realize hampered by Design Aesthetics, Dia. limitations, Coil dia. etc. but I prefer at least a 4-5ml payload. Given it's "H.P.", req. filling quite often)
Performance: 9-9.5 (Awesome Vapor Mass (10) and AFC opened about 1/8"-3/16" provides more than adequate Flavor (8+)) *I'm running a 810 to 510 adapter to reduce Bore and concentrate/constrict the Vapor thru a CherryVape friction tip (@ 10mm bore)
Squid Flax Cotton proprietary Coils: TBD but optimistic for great Score.

Disassembled, Isopropyl Cleaned, Scalding Water Rinsed, Dried, Coil Primed, Reassembled, Closed AFC and Filled, Set DBv2.1 to 40watts (just to break in then latr to rec. Wattage for max Perf.), and lit the Fires.... Very Nice indeed.

Concerns that lead to needing further Trial & Testing:
Again (IMO), Small Capacity & High Wattage Consumption lead to frequent Filling. If that doesn't bother or irk ya,,, then disregard and Rock ON. But it does me personally for a Tank or RTA.
Sight Glass Slots: Tad thin and obscuring for old battle-worn eyes. With light or clear Juice makes it hard to see Level with quick glance or less than a well-lit concerted Recon. However, given the Design Aesthetic a necessary and tolerable P.I.A. IMO.
Fill Slot/Filling: Top-Fill and decent sized Slot under the Top Cap. It is quite easy to over-fill IF one is not paying very concentrated attention and squeezing easy and slow (like fine Trigger-work). I'm sure that will be easily overcome and negated after repetition and habit.
Big Con (and I admit it may just be me or something I'm not doing to suit this Tank's "likes" and subtle Nuances); it Dumped on me overnight. I disassembled, cleaned, dried, reassembled and filled this morning and all was good. I did realize at this time that the Top has a liitle quirk in that the initial "snug" is not really fully snug. It has a little hitch past snug where I think the O-ring does its final "pop-in" inside the I.D. of the inner Glass Tank. So, thinking was "my Bad".
After that she did great. When went to refill before leaving for Work, being careful to perform proper final "pop-in snug", it began to leak/dump again.
So, although my above "oopsie" on proper snugging had something to do with the issue, it wasn't the sole reason for the Dumping.
I thought about it some more and think that maybe the PMT shouldn't/can't be filled to the very top of the Inner Tank Roof. Maybe placing and snugging the Top-Cap back on with a fully sated Inner Reservoir causes the full-capacity Juice to be pushed/pressured out of the Tank & thru the Flax-Cotton Coil wrapping into inner Coil Air passage and then obviously out thru its bottom and into the AFC Cavity & out the Slots. Of course, once that starts, the siphon effect will continue to draw.
I will test that Theory next Refill (which will be coming directly after next trip to grab a Vape) and add a P.s. to this.
*I was using my usual 70VG/30PG mix which may be a tad thin for this Tank's Design. PMT & Coil may be designed for and prefer thicker viscosity Liquid.

Anyways,,,, IF I figure out and solve the Dump/Leak after Fill Issue, I can definitely see ordering another (in SS) in my future. I will also order some Smok Baby Beast coils to compare against the Squid Flax ones. No issues with the proprietaries just wanna compare.

*Disclaimer: Your mileage, experience, and opinions may vary from all my blather and that's cool too. So, don't take none of that drivel as anywhere near the "gospel" or let my Post dissuade from giving this a shot. Just sharing and looking forward to reading same from all of you.

Have an AWESOME Day and Vape On & Enjoy :thumbs:

Last edited:

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Love the way it looks, but leaking is a deal killer for me. Feeling optimistic, the DB of questionable black MAY come today, depending on my mail lady’s mood (ugh). Have some samsung 30q’s to put in until my RTD order gets here with a few pairs of lg mj1’s. Looking to see if I can match Kat’s battery mileage :w00t:

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I’m thinking about a wrap for the champagne... has anyone used one from JWraps? Hard/easy to put on? Durability? I was going to get a sleeve, but I think the silicone will make it hard to get out of my pocket. A pox on whoever decided women only need pockets the size of a credit card. The DB with a Zenith JUST squeezes in as it is :(

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I’m thinking about a wrap for the champagne... has anyone used one from JWraps? Hard/easy to put on? Durability? I was going to get a sleeve, but I think the silicone will make it hard to get out of my pocket. A pox on whoever decided women only need pockets the size of a credit card. The DB with a Zenith JUST squeezes in as it is :(

I have never had any wraps of any kind for anything, so I can't help with that. :( The silicone sleeves do make it hard to slide in and out of a pocket, and that is one thing I like about them. Before I tried them, my devise's would slide right out of my pocket, and onto the concrete. So these sleeves have saved my mod's in more way's than one. :)

KAS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread