Kat’s Kalamari Klub (Squid Industries Mods)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I google the instructions after I can’t get it to work and randomly pressing buttons doesn’t solve it. That was the demise of two new vaporesso swags. They went back in the boxes after two weeks. I’m not going to spend all day trying to get out of TC every time I pull it out of my pocket :-x

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I google the instructions after I can’t get it to work and randomly pressing buttons doesn’t solve it. That was the demise of two new vaporesso swags. They went back in the boxes after two weeks. I’m not going to spend all day trying to get out of TC every time I pull it out of my pocket :-x

Seriously??? That's only happened to me once, and I've got four of them in play.

I think I may have done something, but I don't remember WHAT it was. :?: I love those little buggers!

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Seriously??? That's only happened to me once, and I've got four of them in play.

I think I may have done something, but I don't remember WHAT it was. :?: I love those little buggers!
I wanted to love them. Great size, nice and light. Tried to give them to the adult kids, but they both subohm (not enough battery life in one little 18650). They’re currently in time-out in their boxes in the drawer of vape oblivion

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
They’re currently in time-out in their boxes in the drawer of vape oblivion

Have you tried having a little talk with them? ;)

I didn't read them. I think I maybe just locked the buttons? I'll think about it some more, then let you know. They've been flawless since, and are my beat-all, end-all for when I need small & light.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Have you tried having a little talk with them? ;)

I didn't read them. I think I maybe just locked the buttons? I'll think about it some more, then let you know. They've been flawless since, and are my beat-all, end-all for when I need small & light.
I’m SO not patient , after the umpteenth time, I took their batteries away and put them in the back of a dark drawer. Problem solved. Fortunately, they’re not expensive or I’d have dismantled them

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I’m SO not patient , after the umpteenth time, I took their batteries away and put them in the back of a dark drawer. Problem solved. Fortunately, they’re not expensive or I’d have dismantled them
I have gear locked in solitary too. Some vape stuff is simply evil. I dunno if it was manufactured like that, or if they go to school for it or something. But it's a fact.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

I have gear locked in solitary too. Some vape stuff is simply evil. I dunno if it was manufactured like that, or if they go to school for it or something. But it's a fact.

The end justifies the means. :thumb::thumb:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
The end was, they got banished, and I bought two DB’s. I’m a much happier camper :p

Means, JUSTIFIED!

To borrow a concept from William of Ockham, sometimes the simplest solutions are the best solutions.

Can I get a wristband ("Amen")?!

black calamari.jpg

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
I'm VERY Happy to convey that the Flooding/Dumping/Leaking Issue with my PMT has finally had the Root Cause identified and definitive Solution/Counter-Measure effected.
Twas indeed the Squid B-1 (2 single large-I.D. Coils stacked into a Dbl) allowing Gravity/Siphon to overcome its "Daming" properties and the liquid to push past its Wick Material Wrapping.

I took the Squid B-1 out, cleaned all the Tank Components, installed the Squid B-4 (8 smaller I.D. Coils dbl-stacked into a Quad Array each of the 4 Coil Stacks individually Wick-wrapped), closed AFC fully, refilled completely and fully to the top, inverted for a bit, opened the AFC and left inverted for a bit, then turned 'er over and lit the fires with 45W....
Wowzers VapeMan! Outstanding Flavor AND Vapor Mass.
Hit it down to about 25% capacity Juice left and let it sit AFC in Operating Position for 2 hours-No sign at all of leaking/seeping/dumping. Refilled using same Process fully as described above and let sit overnight-Still No pissin' itself. TA-DA :thumbs:

Have filled same as above twice more so far today and she is holding firm, compliant, and a Happy-Camper in Dry-Town.

So, either:
1. Defective/Sub-Standardly wick wrapped B-1 Squid Coil and only an anomalous issue not indicative of or inherent to the B-1 Coil's Design or Manufacture.
-or-
2. An inherent Issue with the Squid B-1 Coils (possibly only when using a less than max VG/heavy viscosity Liquid-I'm using 70VG/30PG) having insufficient Wicking/Wrapping on exterior of Coil.

Going to try another Squid B-1 when this B-4 has expended its life (prob/hopefully be awhile yet) to see if Anomaly or Inherent.
Also, if does same as 1st B-1 , will try a similarly designed Smok Baby Coil as a Control prior to rendering wholesale Judgement.

Either way, I'm good with it and tickled crap-less overall with the PMT. In all Aspects of Aesthetics, Simplicity, and now finally overall Performance; It Rocks! :thumb:
Sure I will pick-up another of these in the future in SS whether new of pre-owned. Like to mix the finishes up by swapping their Center-Cylinders around for a nice bi-metal look.

I do still (and always will) wish it had more Liquid Capacity (4.5-5ml) but I realize just not possible with the 24mm O.D. and I'm "OK" with that in the long-run.
IF (and I'm sure they will eventually) they come out with a 28mm O.D. version to better match size and Deck Capacity of their TAC21 and other such size Mods, that "Con" will be eliminated as I imagine such would hold somewhere around 5.5-7ml (depending on height). Then,,, I just might have to get a TAC so can properly sport the PMT "Magnum" (Squid/Buss; please feel free to use that Moniker should you like, wish, and actually give a Rodent's ....-of course I would request one Comp'd as a token of your appreciation ;))

Anyways, Just goes to show ya.... Good Things sometimes take due time, chilled patience, concerted effort, calm objective thought, and a honest fighting chance to work out & come together satisfactorily or, as in the PMT's Case, to meet and/or exceed even One's most optimistic Expectations.
As another of Dear Ol' Dad's Adages aptly put it,,,,
"Sometimes ya just GOTTA be a tad Smarter, Bigger & Better than the (insert Inanimate Object of choice here)".
Damn,,, I miss that Man. Love ya Dad.

Awesome Day Ya'll :D

DB & PMT.jpg

Last edited:

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I'm VERY Happy to convey that the Flooding/Dumping/Leaking Issue with my PMT has finally had the Root Cause identified and definitive Solution/Counter-Measure effected.
Twas indeed the Squid B-1 (2 single large-I.D. Coils stacked into a Dbl) allowing Gravity/Siphon to overcome its "Daming" properties and the liquid to push past its Wick Material Wrapping.

I took the Squid B-1 out, cleaned all the Tank Components, installed the Squid B-4 (8 smaller I.D. Coils dbl-stacked into a Quad Array each of the 4 Coil Stacks individually Wick-wrapped), closed AFC fully, refilled completely and fully to the top, inverted for a bit, opened the AFC and left inverted for a bit, then turned 'er over and lit the fires with 45W....
Wowzers VapeMan! Outstanding Flavor AND Vapor Mass.
Hit it down to about 25% capacity Juice left and let it sit AFC in Operating Position for 2 hours-No sign at all of leaking/seeping/dumping. Refilled using same Process fully as described above and let sit overnight-Still No pissin' itself. TA-DA :thumbs:

Have filled same as above twice more so far today and she is holding firm, compliant, and a Happy-Camper in Dry-Town.

So, either:
1. Defective/Sub-Standardly wick wrapped B-1 Squid Coil and only an anomalous issue not indicative of or inherent to the B-1 Coil's Design or Manufacture.
-or-
2. An inherent Issue with the Squid B-1 Coils (possibly only when using a less than max VG/heavy viscosity Liquid-I'm using 70VG/30PG) having insufficient Wicking/Wrapping on exterior of Coil.

Going to try another Squid B-1 when this B-4 has expended its life (prob/hopefully be awhile yet) to see if Anomaly or Inherent.
Also, if does same as 1st B-1 , will try a similarly designed Smok Baby Coil as a Control prior to rendering wholesale Judgement.

Either way, I'm good with it and tickled crap-less overall with the PMT. In all Aspects of Aesthetics, Simplicity, and now finally overall Performance; It Rocks! :thumb:
Sure I will pick-up another of these in the future in SS whether new of pre-owned. Like to mix the finishes up by swapping their Center-Cylinders around for a nice bi-metal look.

I do still (and always will) wish it had more Liquid Capacity (4.5-5ml) but I realize just not possible with the 24mm O.D. and I'm "OK" with that in the long-run.
IF (and I'm sure they will eventually) they come out with a 28mm O.D. version to better match size and Deck Capacity of their TAC21 and other such size Mods, that "Con" will be eliminated as I imagine such would hold somewhere around 5.5-7ml (depending on height). Then,,, I just might have to get a TAC so can properly sport the PMT "Magnum" (Squid/Buss; please feel free to use that Moniker should you like, wish, and actually give a Rodent's ....-of course I would request one Comp'd as a token of your appreciation ;))

Anyways, Just goes to show ya.... Good Things sometimes take due time, chilled patience, concerted effort, calm objective thought, and a honest fighting chance to work out & come together satisfactorily or, as in the PMT's Case, to meet and/or exceed even One's most optimistic Expectations.
As another of Dear Ol' Dad's Adages aptly put it,,,,
"Sometimes ya just GOTTA be a tad Smarter, Bigger & Better than the (insert Inanimate Object of choice here)".
Damn,,, I miss that Man. Love ya Dad.

Awesome Day Ya'll :D

View attachment 725613
Glad you got it figured out for all of ! What are you vaping it at.

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
I set at 45w to start, then 50W to fully break-in, now I'll up it to 60-65w which should be good for 70/30 Liquid and a fully cured Coil. Maybe,,, we'll see and tweak if nec.

Hopefully they will get "Black" re-stocked soon Kas. Can't imagine it will be long given the Demand for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread