Kat’s Kalamari Klub (Squid Industries Mods)

Status
Not open for further replies.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Got 1 Provari still left in the Armory, a satin Procyon w/KFv5 mated to it. I tootle on it at 15.8W ;)
It normally stays Chairside but I take it out for a vape-Walk to Work for a day about every 2nd or 3rd week. It's kinda like the "Old Guard" of Ft. Vape; more Ceremonial than Tactical.

Switching Topics for a sec if I may,,,
Been a long time (little over 10yrs) since my Ex decided she wanted my Big Green Egg more than I wanted to pay the Attorney to keep it but,,,, every Dog (even an Old heathen Cur) has his Day and God's Karma does indeed reward those who accept and persevere....

View attachment 728089

Assembled and awaiting, along with a plethora of Access, transport & delivery to the Ft. Vape Mess-Deck Saturday 1000 hrs sharp :)

Of course such an Apparatus deserves to be christened with an appropriate Slab-o-Meat so,,,

View attachment 728095

4+ lbs of 1.25" thick Black Angus gut-bustin' Heaven :w00t:

That is All. I now return the Channel to its normal Programming.
Also, it IS Vape & Squid related as I will be most certainly hitting one of the DB's the entire time :thumb:
I very nearly bought one of those about a month ago (OK, OK, a Primo Oval so you can two-zone in grill mode, not a Green Egg). But I decided I'd really rather have an offset smoker, so I concluded to buy a Mig welder instead, so's I can make one.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Got 1 Provari still left in the Armory, a satin Procyon w/KFv5 mated to it. I tootle on it at 15.8W ;)
It normally stays Chairside but I take it out for a Vape-Walk to Work for a day about every 2nd or 3rd week. It's kinda like the "Old Guard" of Ft. Vape; more Ceremonial than Tactical.

Switching Topics for a sec if I may,,,
Been a long time (little over 10yrs) since my Ex decided she wanted my Big Green Egg more than I wanted to pay the Attorney to keep it but,,,, every Dog (even an Old heathen Cur) has his Day and God's Karma does indeed reward those who accept and persevere....

View attachment 728089

Assembled and awaiting, along with a plethora of Access, transport & delivery to the Ft. Vape Mess-Deck Saturday 1000 hrs sharp :)

Of course such an Apparatus deserves to be christened with an appropriate Slab-o-Meat so,,,

View attachment 728095

4+ lbs of 1.25" thick Black Angus gut-bustin' Heaven :w00t:

That is All. I now return the Channel to its normal Programming.
Also, it IS Vape & Squid related as I will be most certainly hitting one of the DB's the entire time :thumb:

Shoot, I would have fought for the green egg. But, then again, I’m stubborn and cranky. Enjoy the christening of your new one!

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
11??????????????????????? :ohmy: OH MY :ohmy:

View attachment 728107

And the safest of places for the ultimate f f d d a a gesture, Nola! I have a stable myself, and they are fondly called my "mechs".

Not that I WANT you to hate me, but if you need a hatee, I'll sign up. ;) (Joking - I love the Swaggies and thank you to a certain Bestie, I have one in every color.)

I so want to love them. I love everything, except they change to tc from wattage in my pocket. I’m too impatient to figure out how to stop it from happening. Had the instructions wadded up in less than five minutes. I figure long enough in the drawer nad either they’ll learn to behave, or some kind soul will come fix it for me. My husband cries with laughter every time he watches me madly pressing the :-x buttons til it gets back to watts. I must look like a mad person

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I very nearly bought one of those about a month ago (OK, OK, a Primo Oval so you can two-zone in grill mode, not a Green Egg). But I decided I'd really rather have an offset smoker, so I concluded to buy a Mig welder instead, so's I can make one.
Buying ANY tool always wins

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Lunch will be served at @ 1300.
Ya'll are welcome at my Mess Table ANY time :thumbs:
Be sure and call ahead tho as the Sentry tend to be a tad "twitchy" when surprised ;)

@Katdarling - that's 1:00 PEE 'EM on the sundial. 11:00 AYYY 'EM, KatTime. ;):D

Reactions: gnees

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Awwwwwwwwww.... lovie dove. Understood.

I'll zip it now.

upload_2018-3-9_19-10-2.jpeg

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Unless you can teach me to fix the darn things, or do I just have a pair of duds???? Never feel like you have to hold back on a comment to me.

Anything is possible, Mel, but odds are against one person getting two bad mods of the same variety. There's certainly no law that says any of us have to like or dislike anything though, and there's nothing at all wrong with you not liking them.

I know they're inexpensive, so I don't know if it's worth it to you, but I think either Kat or me would be happy to take a look at them for you. If you paid shipping to, I'd pay the return.

Or we can try talking through it too.

Again though if you hate them, throw them up for sale on one of the avenues available. I wouldn't feel badly about disliking inanimate objects though I don't think they'll be upset. :)

If you want help though, we'd be happy to try with or for you. We are vapers - and still a community here. All for one and...

Sincerely, the offer stands. Whatever works best for you ..

I wish they made the bottoms a bit more stable, but for the $24 per, we're getting our money's worth. Light and easy to carry, which was exactly what I wanted them to be.

Far from perfect though (like many) , and no mod is for everybody. Don't feel badly - they're not worth it.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Anything is possible, Mel, but odds are against one person getting two bad mods of the same variety. There's certainly no law that says any of us have to like or dislike anything though, and there's nothing at all wrong with you not liking them.

I know they're inexpensive, so I don't know if it's worth it to you, but I think either Kat or me would be happy to take a look at them for you. If you paid shipping to, I'd pay the return.

Or we can try talking through it too.

Again though if you hate them, throw them up for sale on one of the avenues available. I wouldn't feel badly about disliking inanimate objects though I don't think they'll be upset. :)

If you want help though, we'd be happy to try with or for you. We are vapers - and still a community here. All for one and...

Sincerely, the offer stands. Whatever works best for you ..

I wish they made the bottoms a bit more stable, but for the $24 per, we're getting our money's worth. Light and easy to carry, which was exactly what I wanted them to be.

Far from perfect though (like many) , and no mod is for everybody. Don't feel badly - they're not worth it.
Honestly, if you want them and pay for shipping, you can have them. I still have the boxes.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Unless you can teach me to fix the darn things, or do I just have a pair of duds???? Never feel like you have to hold back on a comment to me.

Thank you, Nola. I'm not holding back at all but have been unusually bizzy and not so much on ECF! (shock!) I'll PM you, and see if we can put our heads together to get these guys working. :)

RR, High KNEES!

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Happy Daylight Savings Time my Friends :headbang:

Even tho 0400 came an hr earlier and the little Dog was a tad grumpy for it messing with his "Biological-Clock Routine",

Grumpy Manny.jpg

anything that brings more Sunshine to the day and turns a dark drive home from the Work-Farm to light is jes' Fine in my Book :thumb:

Missed ya'll at lunch yesterday. Had 2 half-Steaks left over as the Wife & Boy can't "handle the Beef" like this ol' iron-gullet Soldier. Heck, they were only 21oz each. Light-Weights :D.
Anyways, so if ya find ya'self out this way,,,, be happy to throw one of 'em on the grill for a warm-up ;)

Inaugural Ribeyes.jpg

The DB & Big-Baby loaded with Empress Milk provided both an appropriate & satisfying Appetizer & Dessert of course.

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Fire in the Hole! :thumbs:
Let the Pork Grillin' Fever RAGE ON my Brother :2cool:

Got an Italian Meatloaf on the Egg Low & Slow as I read and type.
Mixed Veggies of zucchini, snap peas, purple Un-Yown, Bells (red, green & yellow) marinating in the Ancient Family Secret Glaze at room-temp in the wings awaiting the Loaf's last 25 mins to toss in there too :w00t:

As usual,,,, enjoying some tasty Vapes during the Process on the Amazing piece of Gear we all know and love known as the Squid DB ;) Truly is a killer Mod. Sa-LUTE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread