Kat’s Kalamari Klub (Squid Industries Mods)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
California
Alright, caved and finally bought a squiddy. I've never had a need for a dual battery mod and have avoided buying one until now. I may not even use it much in the end (squonkity squonk!) but this one feels like a legit part of american vaping history and I should at least have my own piece of that.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Welcome, Mermaaaaaaaan!

Which color did you get? (I need to know so I can get your wristband ready!)

I have no doubt you'll let us know what you think of your first 2 batt device, and the Squiddie in general. It was mine, too, tho I NEVER considered a dualie. Now, wow, I LOVE it! My battery changes are at about a week to 10 days! :shock:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
For the under-exposed, there is currently just one Squid mod available for purchase. It’s the Double Barrel v2.1 (y’all can Google it your own-dang-selves if ya want).

Coming soon though, fast on its heels, is the TAC21. It’s very similar to the Double Barrel, and can work with 21700 batteries, as well as 18650’s, with a sleeve. It also has a hinged battery door, and is a bit larger (“bit’ being subjective).

That little bit of news almost got by me. I'm on a search for it now.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
DPL must have an insider feeding him info that the rest of us are not privy to. I'm interested, It might influence my buy.

No insiders, good sir. He's got a very active FB group ("Squid Vapor Group"), and he's been open & sharing there. Many pics, videos, custom versions, raffles, etc.. We do more sitting, watching & enjoying than anything else.

Unless I'm mistaken, the TAC21 may be a month or two still from release. We'll make sure this thread is kept up to date.

It's definitely too big for either Kat or me, but we get why folks are excited and attracted. I don't know that I'd jump for another, especially since this thing appears to be built for the ages, but if I did, it would be the same version in the new power coated/matte black (available at RV the last time we looked).

We did drop a "ton" on the new wraps though ("SIX DOLLAH!"), so we may be set for a squiddie lifetime (or two) already. :cool: :vapor:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I figure I'll give him a coupla free plugs here, for the non-FB'ers in the mix (coughgneescough). ;)

Enjoy. Should be out soon.

TAC21a.PNG

TAC21b.PNG

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States
Coming soon though, fast on its heels, is the TAC21. It’s very similar to the Double Barrel, and can work with 21700 batteries, as well as 18650’s, with a sleeve. It also has a hinged battery door, and is a bit larger (“bit’ being subjective).

The only thing holding me back from purchasing a Double Barrel is the fact that most of my tanks are 25mm and I intensely dislike overhang. If this TAC21 accommodates 21700’s it’s probably going to take a 25mm tank like a champ.

I am so there. My body is ready...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread