Kat’s Kalamari Klub (Squid Industries Mods)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Excuse me, but I have zero idea what I did here. SOWWY.

:blink:

Pack it in, my friend, just go ahead and buy some of those rhinestones, you're hooked.
You might even consider Photoshoping a small, though tasteful, rhinestone onto your avatar. It will make you the Kat's meow.

Not exactly how I envisioned it, but you are looking rather snappy. Kat tested, Kat approved?

I have never done it, so I have no tips to offer. The good news is, if you are successful, I shall promote you to Guinea Pig In Chief for mod Transformations.

Kat tried to convince me to wait until the doors were back in stock. We've got spare gray ones, but we wanted to add black.

I have no patience. We'll deal with the doors when they can be dealt with.

We ARE vapers! :lol:

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
You caught my typo :blush:

So that's "PO" now?

Has anyone changed out the button on theirs yet? We couldn't resist getting a couple, and I think the black button might look kinda kool on the grey Squid.

Bling, baybee (OMG, what have I become???). :facepalm::lol:

Maxi me? :blink:

Pack it in, my friend, just go ahead and buy some of those rhinestones, you're hooked.
You might even consider Photoshoping a small, though tasteful, rhinestone onto your avatar. It will make you the Kat's meow.

Me? OW!!!

blind rol.jpg

Everyone's free to wear sunscreen on their nosers.... or, ummm... is THAT a rhinestone????

Oh DPL....... :facepalm: and then some. OM fa'lippin' gawd. Just NO. SO no.

117197504_64db97b9eb_b-jpg.737639

Not exactly how I envisioned it, but you are looking rather snappy. Kat tested, Kat approved?

SO not, CMD.

Judge Judy Shake-My-Head.GIF
approved not.jpg

My best guess would be, "NO!" :lol:

So (speaking of buttons...) ;-)

Anyone? Bueller? ;)

I hate the idea of being a guinea pig for the process, but if we gotta, then we gotta. :blink::vapor:

Guineas, for SURE!!! LOL!

Mamma mia, got THAT one right, now din'tcha. :D

I have never done it, so I have no tips to offer. The good news is, if you are successful, I shall promote you to Guinea Pig In Chief for Mod Transformations.

Might take two to transform, trkr dahlink. ;)

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I was going to order some stuff this month, sleeves, bottom bat covers, and maybe some switches. I ended up ordering a Kayfun Prime, with some of the extra parts etc I would need for it. It cost me too much, so I am done till late may. This will most likely be partly paid for out of my tax money. I don't really want to touch that, but I am kind of worried that I may not be able to get one if I wait. (The FDA compliance thing) :unsure:

KAS

Last edited:

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Any top quality engine paint ought to work well, Mel. If you can remove the electronics and connector, powder coating would also be an option. For a much harder finish CeraKote is expensive but practically indestructible. I dunno about painting, but I have toyed with the idea of having one engraved.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Thanks, Sup... I was thinking auto paint. Laser engraving?
Auto paint may well work-- correction: definitely will work for low watt users-- and will give a better finish, but it is not as heat tolerant as engine paint. There could be some discoloration and even chipping/peeling under the atty with auto paint. Laser engraving would work, and it's the easy and cheap way out. But there are still a few craftsmen out there who do it the old fashioned way, with graving points; mostly in the high-end gun business. It will depend upon funds, and who has a hole in their schedule. It would also depend upon me deciding on a theme and locating suitable artwork. And most of all, I'll have to get my roundtuit all polished up.

EDIT: It has just now occurred to me, if you can get the electronics out, you could have the carcass plated with Cadmium or Beryllium. When polished, both metals look like fine gold :)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
This thread has been slow lately, so I think I'll just make a post to remind everyone how much I like my Squiddies.

I received an ad for a new mod with, and I quote, "Voice command" and "Romantic Mood Lighting" :blink:.

That plus I apparently won something from Innokin that will require a degree to operate.

I looked over at my DB and said, "Thanks, Squidster - just for being you."

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Auto paint may well work-- correction: definitely will work for low watt users-- and will give a better finish, but it is not as heat tolerant as engine paint. There could be some discoloration and even chipping/peeling under the atty with auto paint. Laser engraving would work, and it's the easy and cheap way out. But there are still a few craftsmen out there who do it the old fashioned way, with graving points; mostly in the high-end gun business. It will depend upon funds, and who has a hole in their schedule. It would also depend upon me deciding on a theme and locating suitable artwork. And most of all, I'll have to get my roundtuit all polished up.

EDIT: It has just now occurred to me, if you can get the electronics out, you could have the carcass plated with Cadmium or Beryllium. When polished, both metals look like fine gold :)
You’ll find some jewelers still do “real” engraving. From what I’ve seen on FB, the guts of the DB are insanely easy to remove.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
If anyone was looking, black battery doors and fire buttons are in stock in limited numbers. No champagne. I ordered two of each yesterday to stick back, just in case. I think I’d freak out if I had to go without one of the DBs while I waited for them to get a part in stock. In almost ten years of vaping, I’ve never been this attached to a mod, except maybe my provaris (their big minus was the menu system)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
If anyone was looking, black battery doors and fire buttons are in stock in limited numbers. No champagne. I ordered two of each yesterday to stick back, just in case. I think I’d freak out if I had to go without one of the DBs while I waited for them to get a part in stock. In almost ten years of vaping, I’ve never been this attached to a mod, except maybe my provaris (their big minus was the menu system)

I've got two buttons here, and really want to try swapping the black onto my champagne, but I'm afraid to pull the existing one out. I know, it's silly, but...

My Provi menus all still work fine. ;-)

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I am kind of looking forward to getting another Kayfun Prime, it is going to go on top of my black DBL barrel. I currently have my oldest Kayfun lite on top of it. That Lite has never leaked a drop, my other Lite plus's have always leaked around the fill hole screw, no mater if I replace the 0-ring or not. I still use them but it is very aggravating. The prime is perfect for me, never leaks a drop, easy top fill, air flow adjustment and juice flow adjustment works great, and of course great flavor. It is also very easy to re-wick without draining the tank, I know it it not for everyone because it is a MTL only tank, but I love it. :)

KAS

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Agreed, I settled on the Prime a while back. I have one on a JAC and one on a DB. I added a bunch of O-rings to the supply.

I am kind of looking forward to getting another Kayfun Prime, it is going to go on top of my black DBL barrel. I currently have my oldest Kayfun lite on top of it. That Lite has never leaked a drop, my other Lite plus's have always leaked around the fill hole screw, no mater if I replace the 0-ring or not. I still use them but it is very aggravating. The prime is perfect for me, never leaks a drop, easy top fill, air flow adjustment and juice flow adjustment works great, and of course great flavor. It is also very easy to re-wick without draining the tank, I know it it not for everyone because it is a MTL only tank, but I love it. :)

KAS

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I've got two buttons here, and really want to try swapping the black onto my champagne, but I'm afraid to pull the existing one out. I know, it's silly, but...

My Provi menus all still work fine. ;-)
They do work fine, but I think multiple button current mods have spoiled us. Many times I clicked too many times and had to go through the whole menu to get back to where I needed to be.
I saw one champagne db on FB (I think) that had either a custom logo or “sticker” in black paired with a black button and door. Looked pretty sharp

Last edited:

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Agreed, I settled on the Prime a while back. I have one on a JAC and one on a DB. I added a bunch of O-rings to the supply.
I change between the Ares, Siren 2 and Serpent ssm. Have an ammit 25 on the way. I like the shorter size of the Serpent, very compact, but it’s def not very restricted mtl. I usually build around 1.2-1.6 and run @12watts, so they work fine for me. Considered the berserker, but it sounds too tight for me

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans

KAS
That’s a few requirements I’m unlikely to bend on... a top fill, non leaking tank that I can rebuild without waiting for the tank to be empty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread