Kat’s Kalamari Klub (Squid Industries Mods)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Super duper! Where do you order? I want one. Correction: I need one.

Patience, Grasshopper. You got Facebook? Squid Vapor Group - it tells all. :)

TMM.jpg

StealthyTX

Hates brass
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Austin, TX
Welp, I’m back.

Despite my unpleasant experience with the DB, I’m giving Squid another try since I need a simple mod with long battery life and I have tried a couple of cheaper alternatives that were just “meh”.

So I have a Tac21 on order from Roadside vapes based on DP and Kat’s recommendation. Hopefully if I have issues with this one Roadside will take care of me.

Just thought I’d let you know so you can laugh at me :oops:

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I don't think anyone's going to laugh. Everyone was upset with your troubles. And, of course, we all agree with the "simple mod with long battery life" thing, and that having a Squiddie makes a lot of other mods "meh". I have a T21 and like it a lot. I think it uses a different board than the DB, primarily because it uses a different set of button clicks to perform the same functions. The battery life is phenomenal, even compared to the DB, when you vape as low as I do. I probably would not buy another, but not because there's anything wrong with it. Rather because I find the battery life in the DB adequate to my simple purposes and I like the form factor better. Here's hoping you have better luck this time.

StealthyTX

Hates brass
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Austin, TX
The DB would have been great were it not for the battery door/cover.

I was under the impression that the T21 was pretty much the same, just bigger.

The only reason I had the courage to get it is because Roadside had a note in the item description that said the new versions of the T21 had the battery compartment issues resolved.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Welp, I’m back.

Despite my unpleasant experience with the DB, I’m giving Squid another try since I need a simple mod with long battery life and I have tried a couple of cheaper alternatives that were just “meh”.

So I have a Tac21 on order from Roadside vapes based on DP and Kat’s recommendation. Hopefully if I have issues with this one Roadside will take care of me.

Just thought I’d let you know so you can laugh at me :oops:

Well, what you don't know is that we actually conjured you up. You see, the past few days have had us talking about brass with another wonderful & marvelous ECF member. I knew though, that the moment we started discussing it (even though you weren't mentioned specifically), that we'd be seeing you soon.

Personally, although I'm not happy you haven't found the perfect mod yet, I'm kinda glad that it worked out this way.

It's good to see you, Stealthy. We'll be waiting patiently for your eventual report. :)

Reactions: NolaMel

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
The DB would have been great were it not for the battery door/cover.

I was under the impression that the T21 was pretty much the same, just bigger.

The only reason I had the courage to get it is because Roadside had a note in the item description that said the new versions of the T21 had the battery compartment issues resolved.

Yeah - I believe it's an attached door (hinged). You will definitely not have the same issue as with the DB.

StealthyTX

Hates brass
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2012
Austin, TX
Personally, although I'm not happy you haven't found the perfect mod yet, I'm kinda glad that it worked out this way.

I was so perturbed by the mere mention of brass that I forgot to address this...

I haven’t really bought many new mods since the pulse squonker, I pretty much just vaped what I had, until my V200 developed a sticky button and would on occasion not stop firing. I found that disconcerting, so I tried one of those new dna mods. Hated the menu, was frustrating, so I went looking for simple mods. Found 2, and ordered both. One was the Tac21, the other was the Titan by Steamcrave. I’ll just call it my midlife crisis mod. 4x18650, VV only, and comes with a 41mm tank that holds 28ml. :evil:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I was so perturbed by the mere mention of brass that I forgot to address this...

I haven’t really bought many new mods since the pulse squonker, I pretty much just vaped what I had, until my V200 developed a sticky button and would on occasion not stop firing. I found that disconcerting, so I tried one of those new dna mods. Hated the menu, was frustrating, so I went looking for simple mods. Found 2, and ordered both. One was the Tac21, the other was the Titan by Steamcrave. I’ll just call it my midlife crisis mod. 4x18650, VV only, and comes with a 41mm tank that holds 28ml. :evil:

Jeez, dude! Did it come with a hand truck? ;)

Sorry to have caused you Brass PTSD too. :laugh:

there was nearly a DB from FT. there was almost a tac 21 from VU. there is a tac 21 from efun. well there will be once it gets here. count me in.

Two Tacs of destiny (< could be the name of a band, that there), approaching quickly. We'll be interested to hear from both of you.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes

28ml,lol.

• Agree
    Reactions: suprtrkr
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread