Kat’s Kalamari Klub (Squid Industries Mods)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Liking the TAC21 so far. It’s what I was hoping for from the DB. The battery door is not my favorite, still takes a good bit of pressure, but at least it’s doable. Worth it not to have to deal with tc menus and just have a good, simple, vape.

Liking the Steamcrave Titan also. It has the same button/dial combo as the TAC, but is VV instead of VW. If anyone needs a 4x18650 mod, I’d recommend it. Kind of handy that the tank that I got with can hold a whole bottle of liquid with room to spare :lol:. Also, only the second RTA that I successfully wicked without issues, but once I vape the tank dry I’ll probably put something else on top.

Speaking of your mods, Stealthy, does this one ring any bells?

Thank you, sir. Still kickin' bootah, yes she is. :wub:

Carry on.

Provi_BlackRedHybrid_20180930_231826.jpg

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I have a long and distinguished history of catch and release :)

...and many ECF members (including this one right here) could never possibly thank you enough. :laugh::thumbs:

Our stashboxes thank you too. :vapor:

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I've enjoyed using this since it came in a few days ago. Can't get over how solid this mod feels.

5YetEPC.jpg
It’s a beauty! Too big for my hands, so I got the Detonator to add to my DB collection. If you’re like me, you’ll find it’s the mod you reach for first. Enjoy!!!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Lol! Ummmm, in general, but SOME people have better knowledge of these things than me. But, you certainly would qualify as an expert witness ;)

Thank you but you may wish to consider seeing a doctor. ;)

I’m thinking longevity and durability. My brain is a bit biased as provari was my first love. Still use mine. But, Squid puts out an excellent product that’s current. I was hoping someone would be able to point out the pluses and minuses of one vs the other.

For regulated durability, my (biased) opinion is that there's nothing that yet can compare to Provi v1-2x, or to Billet Box Rev1-3.

The latters of both are very nice, but many have taken "trips home" for one repair or another. That was almost unheard of with the earlier versions.

The Squid DB design is similar to the early Billet Boxes but the top screen appears to have caused at least some issues. I still think they're durable but I've not put mine through the paces that my Provis and BBs went through. Both have taken absolute beatings at my clumsy clutches.

I'm not what one would call "gentle" with stuff. :oops:

KD & I ended up stockpiling early Provis when the prices hit bottom. Neither of us likes mechs, and we were wrestling with that issue when Provape made it easy on us. For me, my trust is with them (since I've yet to kill even one).

Just one opinion in a world that lacks NOT for opinions. :D

I'd say we're aligned. :):thumb:

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Thank you but you may wish to consider seeing a doctor. ;)

For regulated durability, my (biased) opinion is that there's nothing that yet can compare to Provi v1-2x, or to Billet Box Rev1-3.

The latters of both are very nice, but many have taken "trips home" for one repair or another. That was almost unheard of with the earlier versions.

The Squid DB design is similar to the early Billet Boxes but the top screen appears to have caused at least some issues. I still think they're durable but I've not put mine through the paces that my Provis and BBs went through. Both have taken absolute beatings at my clumsy clutches.

I'm not what one would call "gentle" with stuff. :oops:

KD & I ended up stockpiling early Provis when the prices hit bottom. Neither of us likes mechs, and we were wrestling with that issue when Provape made it easy on us. For me, my trust is with them (since I've yet to kill even one).

Just one opinion in a world that lacks NOT for opinions. :D

I'd say we're aligned. :):thumb:
TY! I have “several” 2.5’s and a box full of extra springs, caps, etc. I also love my p3, but just bought the one. None of mine (knock on wood) had to go in for repair, so I guess I’ve been lucky with the p3. Have a chance to get a radius, but I never looked at them that much because I simply preferred my 2.5’s. My brain got overwhelmed with provari lust :lol: at the thought of adding a box style to my collection, so I knew I probably (yeah, definitely) wasn’t thinking logically. I knew there were more than a few here in the thread that had provaris as well as DB’s and could help me get the old brain back in gear.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
That's a tough one, Mel. I'd never put a DB over a Provi, ever. Then again, I never opted for a Radius (not my preferred type of Provari).

So, seems this one's
<--------
opinion is rather lackluster. :blush:
“Lackluster” tells me more than a novel ever could! So, P3’s were problematic? My little stable of 2.5 are like a timex watch... takes a licking and keeps on ticking. That was my preferred model, so it’s what I bought.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
TY! I have “several” 2.5’s and a box full of extra springs, caps, etc. I also love my p3, but just bought the one. None of mine (knock on wood) had to go in for repair, so I guess I’ve been lucky with the p3. Have a chance to get a radius, but I never looked at them that much because I simply preferred my 2.5’s. My brain got overwhelmed with provari lust :lol: at the thought of adding a box style to my collection, so I knew I probably (yeah, definitely) wasn’t thinking logically. I knew there were more than a few here in the thread that had provaris as well as DB’s and could help me get the old brain back in gear.

Similar paths (as is klear below). She and I each have one P3, one Classic, and no Radiuii ;)

That's a tough one, Mel. I'd never put a DB over a Provi, ever. Then again, I never opted for a Radius (not my preferred type of Provari).

So, seems this one's
<--------
opinion is rather lackluster. :blush:

Sez you (lackluster, not).

“Lackluster” tells me more than a novel ever could! So, P3’s were problematic? My little stable of 2.5 are like a timex watch... takes a licking and keeps on ticking. That was my preferred model, so it’s what I bought.

Not tremendously problematic, but much more so than the earlier ones (which are as close to infallible as a regulated mod can get).

Ty you both for being the voice of reason. Sometimes the magpie in me sees “shiny” and I leap before I engage the old brain :lol:

I'm tellin' ya, Mel; listening to Kat and me can be dangerous to brain cells. :D

And I've NEVER acted impulsively. Nope. NEVAH! Nevah EVAH, even!!! ;) :laugh:

In use right now (pic below), and likely for a long time to come, plus one more Ti upstairs. I do alternate them, but the live Provi count is always fairly consistent. I never stopped REALLY liking them. I'm old - what can I say? :cool:

P3 on the left, Classic on the right, and pure gems in the middle. :wub:

Provis_20181016_124335.jpg

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
FAB pic, DPL! :thumbs:

I wouldn't necessarily call the P3s problematic, and as me partner above said, we each own one. Having said that, there is the leaning toward problematic with any Provis post v2.5, if one were to compare and contrast. I have no numbers on that, but I have paid attention to many, many Provi owners and their comments over the years.

If anything, the Radius won the prize for most problematic, and that is one of several reasons we didn't opt for that model.

I LOVE the 2.5s, too!!!!!! <wub>

Ty you both for being the voice of reason. Sometimes the magpie in me sees “shiny” and I leap before I engage the old brain :lol:

Kareful, dahlink. We've been known to engage people's inner magpies.

enabler u.png

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
FAB pic, DPL! :thumbs:

I wouldn't necessarily call the P3s problematic, and as me partner above said, we each own one. Having said that, there is the leaning toward problematic with any Provis post v2.5, if one were to compare and contrast. I have no numbers on that, but I have paid attention to many, many Provi owners and their comments over the years.

If anything, the Radius won the prize for most problematic, and that is one of several reasons we didn't opt for that model.

I LOVE the 2.5s, too!!!!!! <wub>

Kareful, dahlink. We've been known to engage people's inner magpies.

View attachment 773879
:lol: That’s why we’re here isn’t it? Besides swapping info or helping each other? Lots and lots of shiny enabling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread