Kat’s Kalamari Klub (Squid Industries Mods)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I don't suppose you've ever seen a fanboy mention another place to get one of those chips, have you?
No, EBuss is very hush hush about who makes the chips. I’m GUESSING from what’s been said, they changed to a different chip maker for the Detonator and DB3, not sure about the Tac (too big for me, so I skim past any info). I know the last two mods plus the DB LE had heavy Chinese ties, because the foreign sites released preorders/pictures at least for the LE before Squid was ready/had a chance to do it themselves. There were some preproduction mock-up (Detonator?) one onlys that a Chinese site sold (that Squid had not decided to use because they didn’t meet expectations), but they didn’t have the SI name on them.
People have offered or asked for mods for parts on SVG. Some want dead units to take and custom paint. You might be able to recoup some $$ selling it there.

frjaldomr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2014
Far West Texas, US
Well, I put batteries back in it this morning after a week of being idle and for the moment it's working fine. I'm going to see how long that lasts.
I think I'd be willing to drop another $45 into it and hope to get another year out of it. But I'm only doing that once.

Nica

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2015
Australia
Thanks for all the replies and information NolaMel & Frj ( & others). I've posted off my DB to a kind member of our aussie forum who has the necessary skills for these types of tasks. He'll open it up and try and see what's going on with it and what the problem is. He suspects, at this stage, it is either a board short or a 510 short (based on the symptoms I've described to him).

So I'll see what he finds and if it turns out it needs a new board I'll contact SV and see what price they quote to ship me one. One thing for sure is that I already know shipping will be a lot more than the $7.10 it is for you in the US Frj. Thus, it might end up being cost prohibitive and be relegated to a future existence at Nicaville as a good looking paper weight...:(

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Thanks for all the replies and information NolaMel & Frj ( & others). I've posted off my DB to a kind member of our aussie forum who has the necessary skills for these types of tasks. He'll open it up and try and see what's going on with it and what the problem is. He suspects, at this stage, it is either a board short or a 510 short (based on the symptoms I've described to him).

So I'll see what he finds and if it turns out it needs a new board I'll contact SV and see what price they quote to ship me one. One thing for sure is that I already know shipping will be a lot more than the $7.10 it is for you in the US Frj. Thus, it might end up being cost prohibitive and be relegated to a future existence at Nicaville as a good looking paper weight...:(

If they quote you some crazy number, Nica, send Kat & me a note. My most recent shipment (to a mutual friend) ran $15.67 USD, and I have to imagine their board is small enough to fit into a similar package.

It still may not be worth it for you ($22-25 USD when combined), but I wanted you to know you might have an option if you need it.

Vapers4Vapers

Nica

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2015
Australia
awwwww geeeeeeeeeeeeee shucks almighty. You've made Nica go all warm and smuzzly inside.

Thank you kind Sir, I'll keep that generous offer in mind. I'll report back when we find out what's going on inside it. Based upon the symptoms I've described the fellow who's going to take a look at it for me suspects either a board or 510 short. We shall see...

cheers DP
ok

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
awwwww geeeeeeeeeeeeee shucks almighty. You've made Nica go all warm and smuzzly inside.

Thank you kind Sir, I'll keep that generous offer in mind. I'll report back when we find out what's going on inside it. Based upon the symptoms I've described the fellow who's going to take a look at it for me suspects either a board or 510 short. We shall see...

cheers DP
ok

Cheers, Nica, and please extend KD's and my best to any who remember us on the forum (I know it's a new one now). Good people, good memories. :thumb:

Keep us informed and know that we're rooting for you.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
LMAO - you do realise that has a vastly different meaning in aussie speak don't you
yePfo9R.gif

LOLOLOL!

I've been away too long, as the evidence now proves.

And if Kat's game for it, well, that TOO! ;) I'm glad she's out tonight so at least I won't t get yelled at in public. :lol:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG! (publicly!)

If they quote you some crazy number, Nica, send Kat & me a note. My most recent shipment (to a mutual friend) ran $15.67 USD, and I have to imagine their board is small enough to fit into a similar package.

It still may not be worth it for you ($22-25 USD when combined), but I wanted you to know you might have an option if you need it.

Vapers4Vapers

LMAO - you do realise that has a vastly different meaning in aussie speak don't you
yePfo9R.gif

I have no klue about the vastly different meaning, but then again, it's late, and it's Katurday, and ONE OF US has been....... ummmmmm..... partying.

But whatever DPL promised, I'm on board, dear Aussie bud.

What did we promise???? LOL! :lol:

SHRIMP!!! BARBIES!!!

(whatever ya need, sweetie. we'll be there for you.)

Reactions: CMD-Ky

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

Just two things:

1. If he needed some assistance shipping to Oz (to save a few...), we'd help him out
  2. I'll tell you later, and I'd suggest you be sitting down before you hear it :laugh: :thumbs: :banana:.

Nica

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2015
Australia
LOLOLOL!

I've been away too long, as the evidence now proves.

And if Kat's game for it, well, that TOO! ;) I'm glad she's out tonight so at least I won't t get yelled at in public. :lol:

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG! (publicly!)

I have no klue about the vastly different meaning, but then again, it's late, and it's Katurday, and ONE OF US has been....... ummmmmm..... partying.

SHRIMP!!! BARBIES!!!
(whatever ya need, sweetie. we'll be there for you.)

Just two things:

1. If he needed some assistance shipping to Oz (to save a few...), we'd help him out
  2. I'll tell you later, and I'd suggest you be sitting down before you hear it :laugh: :thumbs: :banana:.

stop-stop-im-gonna-pee-13855639.png
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
:w00t:
Didn't recognize the vendor, but the price was the reason for posting. :w00t:

Heck YEAH!

I know them. They usually charter the REALLY slow boats from...

At least in my experiences with them. Mileage (& kilometers) may vary. ;)

• Agree
Reactions: NolaMel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread