Kat’s Kalamari Klub (Squid Industries Mods)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Sorry, Mel. :(

Build quality, yes. Easily on par with Provari, possibly even a slight step up. It absolutely reeks of German engineering. Very impressive stuff.

On the menu, forget it. It makes everything else look like child's play. The boxes are slightly more friendly than the one-button tubes, but both can be intimidating for anyone inclined to be intimidated.

Because I'm a simpleton vaper, I pretty much never go in there. I set the wattage I wanted, and haven't touched them since. Kat got pretty good with it, and she's helped me through the times I needed it, but it's something I rarely think about now.

Seriously though - it's a vaporizer. You've known and own good ones. The Dicodes would in no way change your life. Push the button, the vapor comes out. I doubt it's worth the potential frustration for you, given the almost absurd amount of things one could do with the menu system.

I bet there's even a "Make coffee" option in there somewheres...(not that I'd ever find it) ;) :lol:
You’re not sorry, and we alllll know it ;)
I’m strictly wattage, if I can set that and be done, I’m good. My problem with the swag was “pocket adjustments” where I was suddenly in tc and couldn’t get back to wattage to save my life. By the time I finally got them back in wattage and locked, I was sooooo over the little suckers, I mailed them both off to someone who wanted one for his wife. To be fair, in ten plus years of vaping, vaporesso has the only menu system that just doesn’t jibe with my brain. After my clean out/pif , I only kept about 50 mods. At least ten are Provaris, but I’d like to add one at least that matches their quality, but has a board that’s not aging. I do worry about my provaris eventually dying.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
You’re not sorry, and we alllll know it ;)
I’m strictly wattage, if I can set that and be done, I’m good. My problem with the swag was “pocket adjustments” where I was suddenly in tc and couldn’t get back to wattage to save my life. By the time I finally got them back in wattage and locked, I was sooooo over the little suckers, I mailed them both off to someone who wanted one for his wife. To be fair, in ten plus years of vaping, Vaporesso has the only menu system that just doesn’t jibe with my brain. After my clean out/pif , I only kept about 50 mods. At least ten are Provaris, but I’d like to add one at least that matches their quality, but has a board that’s not aging. I do worry about my provaris eventually dying.

Got it!

Yes - since these don't have that nagging little "mode" button, there hasn't been the same concern. It's more work to get it into "change" mode (a good thing), so I haven't had even a single blip of surprise with any of mine to date. Even the one button jobber has been FINE.

We shared the same concern, which is precisely why we finally gave in and "rounded out" our collections (for lack of a better term, and all due hilarity). :lol:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Madame, Mel.

I volunteer, SHOULD you be so inclined as to get the loveliness known as Dani Mini, to walk you thru the set it and forget it wattage adjustment.

It somewhat floored me when I first got it, but then it became just another button press.

You can DO eeeeeeeeet!

KD, VP of EnablerU~

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
You can DO eeeeeeeeet!

KD, VP Founder, CEO, & Chair(wo)man of Da Board, EnablerU~

FTFY ;)

She IS good at it (I must admit). Thankfully too, because I sure am not. :lol:

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Madame, Mel.

I volunteer, SHOULD you be so inclined as to get the loveliness known as Dani Mini, to walk you thru the set it and forget it wattage adjustment.

It somewhat floored me when I first got it, but then it became just another button press.

You can DO eeeeeeeeet!

KD, VP of EnablerU~
:wub::wub::wub: I know you will! I sort of hope it’s like the Provaris... I can adjust that without looking, lo these many years later granted... I kept waiting for a 21700 at creme de vape and missing the window of availability. But, at the highest I’m running 13/13.5w. An 18650 is more than enough battery life.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
FTFY ;)

She IS good at it (I must admit). Thankfully too, because I sure am not. :lol:
You two DID keep me from launching the swags through a window lol. Such patience!!! Of which I have nada for something daring to disobey as the swags did. I guess one brand from of 11-12 years of vaping that stymied me isn’t a bad track record.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
:wub::wub::wub: I know you will! I sort of hope it’s like the Provaris... I can adjust that without looking, lo these many years later granted... I kept waiting for a 21700 at creme de vape and missing the window of availability. But, at the highest I’m running 13/13.5w. An 18650 is more than enough battery life.

The battery management of the Dicodes chip is another impressive aspect of the devices. I think you'll be happy you went with the smaller footprint given your vape style (similar to ours). A single lasts me plenty long. :)

You two DID keep me from launching the swags through a window lol. Such patience!!! Of which I have nada for something daring to disobey as the swags did. I guess one brand from of 11-12 years of vaping that stymied me isn’t a bad track record.

:thumbs: :wub: :vapor:

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
The battery management of the Dicodes chip is another impressive aspect of the devices. I think you'll be happy you went with the smaller footprint given your vape style (similar to ours). A single lasts me plenty long. :)

:thumbs: :wub: :vapor:
Yep. I’m pretty sure at my age and stage of vaping it’s HIGHLY unlikely I’ll start dropping dual coil cloud makers pulling 100+ watts :lol:

frjaldomr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2014
Far West Texas, US
I guess it ain't perfect anywhere.

Eff it. I'm going back to mechanicals.
I've been severely tempted. I got a couple of potentiometer mods in an effort to sort of halfway go back. I've been fairly satisfied with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread