Kat’s Kalamari Klub (Squid Industries Mods)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
PASTABLE truth here ↑↑↑

Tho, he's pastably a liar... ;)

:nun::lol:

Only one way to find out -bling on the cocktails!
il_794xN.1038021658_1qgv.jpg

:toast::thumbs::banana:

:rickroll:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Only one way to find out -bling on the cocktails!
il_794xN.1038021658_1qgv.jpg

Welp. you successfully married my fave wodka with an adornment of my precious rhinestonias. I am not only PROUD of you, but feeling the effects!!!!!!

Table dance time...

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Welcome to Kat’s Calamari Klub! Pull up a chair, grab a wristband, order a drink, and make y’selves comfortable.
So whether you already own a Squiddie, or are just interested in them, feel free to engage.

We also realize there may not be a tremendous amount to talk about, since these mods appear to be ultra-simplistic, both in features and operations, but hey - who are we to decide what people do or don’t want to talk about.

Potential topics? Idunno…
  • Menu
  • Battery door
  • Paint jobs
  • tanks that sit nicely
  • Recipes for fried calamari
  • Side dishes for fried calamari
  • Drinks that pair with fried calamari :toast:

I don't own a Squiddie..... but fried calamari, now that's something that gets my attention and really brings back warm memories from the mid 60's to mid 70's.

A plate of Squid Abalonetti at Abalonetti Seafood Trattoria and Fish Market, Fisherman's Wharf, Monterey, CA (the helpings served were much larger back then though, and seconds could be had for the asking).
squid-albalonetti.jpg

Old-Fishermans-Grotto-Wharf-Abalonetti-Seafood-Trattoria-Restaurant-Monterey-CA-02.jpg

Fisherman's_Wharf_Monterey3.JPG 22552337_10154957572703483_6257121758529679075_n.jpg 21151536_10154836368028483_3916397779798558477_n.jpg PG2.jpg crmlpoint.jpg 1309_Carmel_137.jpg

It was a regular stop up to several times a month the years my ex and I lived on the peninsula (we knew the family). With friends we would also go out all night long in season for the annual squid harvests by catching wash tubs full of fresh squid for tasty eating at home as well. Last time we visited the Monterey Peninsula (and our last home there in Carmel-by-the-Sea) and we enjoyed the food at Abalonetti's was almost 40 years ago. So I imagine most of our friends there have either moved on or passed on.

Why Monterey is the “Calamari Capital of the World”

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I like mine and I was pretty thoroughly unconvinced. Mainly that it might die, and it still could.

But if you like a heavy mod, no TC it does appear that V3 fixed a lot of stuff.

If it's breakable, well I plan on breaking mine within the warranty period.

Honestly it seems more capable of breaking other THINGS than breakage. I'm scared to drop it on tile... In case the TILE breaks. Etc.

Anna

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
That said, I’ve been going back on fourth on grabbing a double barrel for awhile now. Is it really that great?

You push the button, and vapor comes out, so I guess it comes down to what you consider to be "really great". I tend to trust my instincts with stuff like this, and they haven't always been perfect.

I initially bought my first simply to support the guy (before his business shot up like a rocket). The mod wasn't really on radar back then (intentional Naval reference there), and it was just something I chose to do. I knew a double battery mod was overkill for me, but it was reasonably priced, I liked the vendor (Roadside Vapes), and I made a personal decision to support his efforts (based on my very personal value system).

Personally, I really wish they had made a "Single Barrel" (exact same design/shape as the engraved side of the v2 but single 18650). I may well be the only person with that opinion though, so I have no expectations of seeing such a creation.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
You push the button, and vapor comes out, so I guess it comes down to what you consider to be "really great". I tend to trust my instincts with stuff like this, and they haven't always been perfect.

I initially bought my first simply to support the guy (before his business shot up like a rocket). The mod wasn't really on radar back then (intentional Naval reference there), and it was just something I chose to do. I knew a double battery mod was overkill for me, but it was reasonably priced, I liked the vendor (Roadside Vapes), and I made a personal decision to support his efforts (based on my very personal value system).

Personally, I really wish they had made a "Single Barrel" (exact same design/shape as the engraved side of the v2 but single 18650). I may well be the only person with that opinion though, so I have no expectations of seeing such a creation.
Nah. I want one too.

Mcowan226

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018

You are definitely not the only one, although I’d like them to keep the second “barrel”. Just cut it a tad shorter and make me another solid side by side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
You are definitely not the only one, although I’d like them to keep the second “barrel”. Just cut it a tad shorter and make me another solid side by side.

THAT would work for me too (and I hadn't considered it). Nice.

What would Eric/Squid do without us? ;)

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

You are NOT the only. I would have prolly been kwite happy with that creation!

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
By my periscope it has been a bit, or maybe in US Naval Observatory Master Clock Time, since anyone has posted here ... so I'll hop on radar with my v3, Dvarw and vape fuel. I tried stealth posting but radar no work so ... wassup all??? :D Luvin' my v3 DB ... works great, like DP said push button, inhale vapor and presto the ship sails.
7 for the count DP. ;)
IMG_1020cr.jpg

I wholeheartedly concur. :) No, you are not the only one...

Nah. I want one too.
Well then... I double concur. ;)

Yup. No silly cage necessary. Just a solid single battery no frills side by side. We can dream now.
Ok, triple concur... :p

You are NOT the only. I would have prolly been kwite happy with that creation!
Jeez... quadruple concur... :confused:

If I counted properly that makes 5 of us ... awesome I only needed 5 fingers. :shock:

@DPLongo22 and @Katdarling , hope you 2 are well and doing great! :thumb:
Naturally, everyone else too!!! ;)

I seem to recall @stols001 getting a very colorful stained glass like DB v3. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread