Kat’s Kalamari Klub (Squid Industries Mods)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
And here I am wishing for a triple barrel 21700.
A DB is heavy, a triple barrel 21700, yikes!!! Eric does make a single 21700 mod, the Detonator. There are a few folks here who have them and really like it. A triple 21700 DB would probably last me a month, possibly more, if it was the only mod in play. The DB is my only dual battery mod as I normally prefer single battery mods.

frjaldomr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2014
Far West Texas, US
A DB is heavy, a triple barrel 21700, yikes!!! Eric does make a single 21700 mod, the Detonator. There are a few folks here who have them and really like it. A triple 21700 DB would probably last me a month, possibly more, if it was the only mod in play. The DB is my only dual battery mod as I normally prefer single battery mods.

I have a tac21, which I do love, and two sets of batts will get me through the day. I was changing batteries four to five times a day when I was using 18650s.
Since I purchased the tac21 and a 21700 potentiometer mod, I have rarely touched any of my 18650 mods. Wish I had made the switch a long time ago.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
@Showme (two times), thanks for bringing some life to this ol' thread! I know there are still many DB fans hanging around here.

All is well in VapeLand and otherwise for us, thankyouverymuch, and echoing the sentiments above, we do hope all other "Lands" are going swimmingly for you as well! <wub & hugz>

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
By my periscope it has been a bit, or maybe in US Naval Observatory Master Clock Time, since anyone has posted here ... so I'll hop on radar with my v3, Dvarw and vape fuel. I tried stealth posting but radar no work so ... wassup all??? :D Luvin' my v3 DB ... works great, like DP said push button, inhale vapor and presto the ship sails.
7 for the count DP. ;)
View attachment 829035

I wholeheartedly concur. :) No, you are not the only one...

Well then... I double concur. ;)

Ok, triple concur... :p

Jeez... quadruple concur... :confused:

If I counted properly that makes 5 of us ... awesome I only needed 5 fingers. :shock:

@DPLongo22 and @Katdarling , hope you 2 are well and doing great! :thumb:
Naturally, everyone else too!!! ;)

I seem to recall @stols001 getting a very colorful stained glass like DB v3. :)
It has been a while. DB#2 and the big brother are still going strong. I still love the idea. And I still wish I had me a "single barrel."

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
NICE to see you, SMT, and THANKS!!! Glad things are going well with your vape, and I hope the balance of life is as good (or better!). :thumbs:
Thanks DP, yes life is very nicely balanced for me and the way I see it always getting better! Choice... :)

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
@Showme (two times), thanks for bringing some life to this ol' thread! I know there are still many DB fans hanging around here.

All is well in VapeLand and otherwise for us, thankyouverymuch, and echoing the sentiments above, we do hope all other "Lands" are going swimmingly for you as well! <wub & hugz>
Thx Kat! The "Lands" are alive and well for me. ;) Takes work to maintain but so worth it!
Happy to hear all is well for you two. <hugz + wubz back at ya both>

RandomDude

Aug 15, 2019
Hey all, just found this forum and thought it seemed like a good place to post in case others stumble across here with a similar problem.
I bought the Double Barrel v2.1 when it was first released and it's still my absolute favourite mod.

For the last few months the screen/display has been crapping out intermittently, no doubt due to juice ingress. The display wasn't garbled, just really dim. So much that you had to squint in the dark to even read it.

I took it apart as much as I was comfortable with, but couldn't really see anything obvious. So I tried soaking the whole thing in methylated spirits for a minute (probably should've used isopropyl alcohol, but it's really expensive here), and then drying it for a few hours. Didn't work.

Finally decided to carefully lever the section of PCB with the display on it away from the exterior metal section. Still couldn't really see anything, but at the bottom edge of the display (edge closest to the tank) there's what looks like metal contacts covered by a black plastic tape. And underneath that is a gap with metal contacts on the PCB and a little number "14" printed there.
That looked like a great spot for gunk to accumulate, so I soaked a little length of cotton in the methylated spirits and twizzled it through the gap a few times and then let it dry for a few minutes.

Reassembled it and... holy .... it works again!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have 2 of the V3's now. Glad you solved your problem. I would not have been able to. I'm glad the V3 solved that equation.

I would love 3 more but that's overkill. LOL. It's one of the only mods I don't worry about when I drop it. I worry about what will happen to what I drop it ON, like "How do I explain this smashed up piece of tile to my landlord, "etc.

Anna

RandomDude

Aug 15, 2019
I've been eyeing the v3 for a while now, but I don't know if I could deal with the extra heft. The v2.1 is plenty already. I mean, if I had to donk someone over the head I'd just reach for my DB
Maybe I'll upgrade when/if this one finally dies, but it just keeps getting sexier in its old age. The champagne paint wore off and started to look a bit bedraggled, so I sanded it back to the steel, went a little far in places to discover there is a thin layer of copper (?) underneath. So now it's all polished up with sexy little copper stripes.
I have 2 of the V3's now. Glad you solved your problem. I would not have been able to. I'm glad the V3 solved that equation.

I would love 3 more but that's overkill. LOL. It's one of the only mods I don't worry about when I drop it. I worry about what will happen to what I drop it ON, like "How do I explain this smashed up piece of tile to my landlord, "etc.

Anna

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I've been eyeing the v3 for a while now, but I don't know if I could deal with the extra heft. The v2.1 is plenty already. I mean, if I had to donk someone over the head I'd just reach for my DB
Maybe I'll upgrade when/if this one finally dies, but it just keeps getting sexier in its old age. The champagne paint wore off and started to look a bit bedraggled, so I sanded it back to the steel, went a little far in places to discover there is a thin layer of copper (?) underneath. So now it's all polished up with sexy little copper stripes.

Would love to see a pic or three!

drewburton48

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2015
Hornsea,UK
Late to the party here, loving my new device and it's new partner which arrived today. [emoji41]
211cb63fd1a4cfe0a7af770b43eeb4f3.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
Welcome the The U, Bark! ;)

Whatcha got? :pop:

View attachment 839933
Just ordered a Mega Tootle Puffer DB v3 in grey champagne, paired with some Samsung 30Qs. I'll be changing batteries once a month :D. This thing has about 136 more watts than I need. I've always wanted one, mainly looks and not it's capabilities.. the kind enablers in Random diy mix and more are to blame! Probably won't be taking this thing to work, the Solos I have will take the brunt of my abuse. The grey champagne should look nice with my RTAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread