• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Kate and the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogbmth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Dorset, UK
www.jantyclub.com
Ladies, Gents, intersex and undecided,

Kate feels she is unlikely to be returning to ECF when her ban is lifted. As she is moderator of the gay group, nobody can join and Kate is looking to transfer running of the group to somebody else in order that it can be continued.

Can we open discussion on this, volunteers wanted!

Andy

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
I agree, Andy. We certainly don't want to see this group lost in the battle. Unfortunately other members are also dropping off the boards in an effort to stand behind Kate. I'd say we all do that but I'm also smart of enough to know that if we did, they'd probably say "good riddance." I'm still hoping that Kate will somehow find her way back here.

I think its a bit early for Kate to transfer the reigns just yet. I'm not even sure what a person can do who is in a banned status. My though is they can't do anything. But perhaps if it is possible it would be a good idea to at least add another mod to this group so that new members could be invited in. It would need to be someone that keeps a close eye on the forums and their PM box. That person certainly is not me at this time. I'd say Spikey but she's gone too. Any other suggestions from you guys?

frogbmth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Dorset, UK
www.jantyclub.com
Kate's ban is for a week. Her plan is to then log back in and hand over to a new mod for the group before departing of her own accord. She asked that we try to agree who that would be in the meantime.

I sincerely hope she reconsiders, I adore Kate and very much want to see her back. Its tough thinking about her going for good but she also wants to ensure the group continues after she goes and I assured her I would start the discussion.

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
Kate's ban is for a week. Her plan is to then log back in and hand over to a new mod for the group before departing of her own accord. She asked that we try to agree who that would be in the meantime.

I sincerely hope she reconsiders, I adore Kate and very much want to see her back. Its tough thinking about her going for good but she also wants to ensure the group continues after she goes and I assured her I would start the discussion.

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't know the length of the ban was a week. I'm actually glad to hear that because I was still wondering if it was a perm or temp ban. This site has grown like crazy and it's really hard to keep up on everything.

I agree with TXTrouble as well. There should be at least two mods.

I suggest we ask for volunteers and then maybe post a poll and vote. The poll might not be necessary since there are so few of us. My thought, "The first two who volunteer gets it." Though Kate could just choose who she wants as well. Those are just some thoughts/suggestions. First we need to know who is willing and able to do this.

Volunteers please feel free to step up to the podium ;)

poeticwomyn

Mar 10, 2009
Missouri
Glad to see this post, I pm'd Kate in another community, so new she did not plan to return long term. Am glad there is a plan to keep things going with this group. Will miss Kate greatly, wish she could find a way to return to the forum, but I also understand her point of view. I am good with whatever everyone else decides. But I am very glad the group will remain, and yes, I also think there needs to be co-moderation of the group. Just my tiny little 2 cents. Kat

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
I have no real desire to moderate the group, but I will step up and do it as a reserve.

I cant help but feel that we need a 'gayvape.com' little community of our very own too

Hey, that's a great idea about a new community. I wouldn't mind setting something like up. What do you think about a social group? Kind of like myspace, or would a simple forum be better? Either way there are tons of options. But I'm guessing we should probably get the mod thing here worked out first. We definitely need to keep a presence here.

TxTrouble

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Near Dallas, Texas
This forum is becoming to commercial for my taste. We have "members" that do reviews to promote their product and dis other products. Then they suddenly become a supplier and paying member. A great member gets banned (non paying member) for stating her opinion because she called someone a "con".
We have a greek guy that comes in and dis'es a member who manufactures a product only to make a product and has way over the top self promoting threads. He was constantly bumping his thread to the top by talking complete nonsense most of the time. (he was a supporting member). He dis'sed the other manufacture without being banned. Oh ironically now the greek guy is now a maufacturer.
I really do like the forums they have helped me out greatly many times. I just dont like the way I see it heading.
Sorry just had to vent.
D

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
This forum is becoming to commercial for my taste. We have "members" that do reviews to promote their product and dis other products. Then they suddenly become a supplier and paying member. A great member gets banned (non paying member) for stating her opinion because she called someone a "con".
We have a greek guy that comes in and dis'es a member who manufactures a product only to make a product and has way over the top self promoting threads. He was constantly bumping his thread to the top by talking complete nonsense most of the time. (he was a supporting member). He dis'sed the other manufacture without being banned. Oh ironically now the greek guy is now a maufacturer.
I really do like the forums they have helped me out greatly many times. I just dont like the way I see it heading.
Sorry just had to vent.
D

Don't apologize. I know exactly what you're saying. My start date may say Feb '09 but I've been reading this site since at least Oct '08 and I've seen a lot of changes too. IMO the seemingly blatant commercial favoritism set in once SJ had to get his own server. Maybe shortly before that... It's understandable to a degree. Bills gotta get paid, ya know? But that doesn't mean I like what I'm seeing either.

For me it's more than the politics of it all. It's good people getting shamed and hurt in the process. I don't like that one bit. Frankly it pisses me off. But it doesn't make me want to leave. It makes me want to stand my ground and do what I can to make it right. Yeah, I know it's a pipe dream. But that doesn't mean I (we?) can't try.

Kitabz

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2009
UK
I'm only aware of two that are also from the Gay Group. Those are Kitabz
& Spikey

Okay, I'm back now that the ban has been lifted - I'm hoping that Kate is lurking somewhere (haven't seen any posts yet) and realises how much we all miss her and hope she decides to participate again :nun:

[Thanks for the avatar idea Tribal, I've copied you, hope that's okay]

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
Okay, I'm back now that the ban has been lifted - I'm hoping that Kate is lurking somewhere (haven't seen any posts yet) and realises how much we all miss her and hope she decides to participate again :nun:

[Thanks for the avatar idea Tribal, I've copied you, hope that's okay]

Welcome back :D

P.S. I stole Tribals idea too (hehe)

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
So does anybody at all want to put themselves forward as a new mod?

Grrr.... LOL

It doesn't look like we're getting anyone jumping for joy over this mod thing. Does it? Can't say that I blame 'em though.

I'll volunteer much on the same level as you did. Between the two of us maybe we can make a decent go at it. At least until we get someone that wants to come in and be the head honcho. Deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread