Not open for further replies.

Darthpistachio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
United Kingdom
Is it worth it? Yes...

Advantages:

• Gurgling? None - ever - UNLESS you forcibly suck through the mouthpiece in which case you will flood the chamber - but you have to do it on purpose! I have Oddy's and Term's - they gurgle - they always gurgle at some point - the design almost guarantees this - if set up right 90% of the time they are great - but if it's not spot-on with the setup it will eventually gurgle. The kayfun being a mutated tank-fed dripping-atomiser and through it's design will only gurgle if it is practically totally flooded which very rarely happens unless physically induced. As such this atomiser is a much more newbie friendly device.
  • Leaking ? None - Even though my catch tank got half full with fluid it never leaked out of the connector - good design on the bush here prevents this..
  • Vapour production? Excellent. Press your mod button and gently blow through the air intake - watch as you become a steam train....
  • Coil and wick setup? Easy peasy - No seriously - EASY.
  • Taste? Excellent
  • Throat hit? Good to great - very much dependent on the juice but you might even need to drop your nic level a touch - similar effect as you can get with a well set up spheroid.
  • Filling? Very easy and fuss free BUT you do need a specific kind of nozzle - spares should be acquired.
  • Adjustable air draw - something you don't think you need until you try one where it works brilliantly - found this to be one of the best features of the device.
  • Quality of machining? - Outstanding - nuff said.
  • You can use your own drip tips with the supplied adapter - excellent design addition.

Disadvantages:

• You do really need a see through tank if you want to keep an eye on the fluid level - else you just wait for the taste to diminish.
  • It is a bit long - especially when on a 18650 mod.
  • If you chain vape too much too fast - taste and vapour WILL diminish a touch - a problem with most all atomisers really. BUT a quick sharp suck on the mouthpiece will forcibly load the wicks and you can carry on - this will not be a problem for most vapours who will be happy after 4-5 drags.
  • Filling? Unless you have a clear tank you will never be able to accurately get it filled to the maximum - you see you CAN fill it to the max but with the metallic base tube you will not be able to see when you're getting close to full and you will only then know when you have flooded the chamber of the atomiser section and juice is pissing out of the mouthpiece onto your hand. With a clear tank this is no longer a problem. The default set-up for the clear section SHOULD be for the base - NOT the middle - like one of the variants of it's smaller brother - this would negate this issue totally.

Recommendation :- Get the clear tank. Makers - revise and make the clear section fit on the base first!

Note - A fellow oner advised that I should fill with the device held horizontally - this works and the manual also suggests filling to the brim is not recommended anyway!

Overall impression:
I will over time be acquiring many more of these - well at least another one of these and possibly 1-2 of it's smaller sibling - I'm in the unique position where I have to cater for two vapers - myself and the wife; and I want one of these for both of us and the smaller sibling if it turns out to be just as good for both of us also.

Should you get one - Definitely - but get a clear tank to help with filling. Best way to fill with metal tanks would be to source a suitable nozzle to put onto a syringe and then you can accurately fill without fear of flooding the device and safely use fluids that would kill plastic tanks. - Makers - please change the design to put the clear section at the base to assist with accurate filling.

Svoemesto posted a user manual on their forums for the Kayfun..

I've taken the liberty of putting it into PDF format for anyone who wants to save a copy in a format that is easily read and/or printed out..
1.gif

SVOEMESTO_KAYFUN_v3.1ES_USER_MANUAL.pdf

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Thread hijack

Wheezy

Verified Member
Aug 4, 2013
OC
Just picked one up literally 20 minutes ago.

So far, hands down best Atty I've used. In all fairness I'm a noob but have friends with a few grand in stuff that I've been able to try. Was leaning towards a nimbus, but really wanted something that was "easier" once setup.

So. Kayfun it is.

Have it on a borrowed Gus right now and truly, couldn't be any happier (unless it was way less expensive). But I feel it is in fact worth the price.

Threw in some 5 pawns Gambit 16mg. GNAR GNAR was what came to mind. Big head changing clouds.

Will have to go down to 12 or even 6 with this setup. Big difference is vape, and especially flavor coming from my usual protank setup.

Anyhow. I'll do a full in depth review when I get it all figured out.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376163076.596766.jpg

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
An alternate method for filling the SS tank is to cover the air hole with your finger, unscrew the top piece off that holds the drip tip, then fill your tank up to just a few threads shy to the top. Screw the top piece slightly on, then invert the tank, remove your finger from the air hole, then tighten the top piece all the way. Don't need any special needle or fill cap. This is the method I use and you can get a full fill when using the stainless section without worries of flooding the combustion chamber. Saw this method courtesy of PBusardo, works great. Oh and make sure to lube the O ring in that top piece with some juice so as not to accidently unscrew the funnel top of the combustion chamber, also makes sliding over that funnel a tad easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread