The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Kayfun lover needs a little help with high VG

Discussion in 'RTA' started by 1stimer, Jun 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. 1stimer

1stimer Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Pasadena, CA
    Hi guys. I am a MTL vaper, and have (2) Kayfun lite plus V2's that I love. I've tried the squape, sold it. Tried the subtank....not for me.

I just purchased a buttload of high VG juice here on the classifieds, and am worried my kayfun's aren't going to be able to wick this juice properly.

What are my options for a tank that can handle high VG juice?

I'm also ordering a VTC mini and some SS wire, so the tank would need to work well with this setup if possible, but I can always go back to kanthal if need be.

I can't keep up with all the hardware. I just want to rebuild a coil, fill it up, and not worry about it. That's why I have never left the kayfun lite's.

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    People here have enlarged the juice feed ports on the Kayfun by filing or machining to increase juice flow. Kayfun is good up to about 50/50 Pg and Vg with the stock setup.

The Orchid V2 or V4 might be what you are looking for, but they are high airflow rebuildables that have adjustable airflow. The Lemo Drop is about the same. Lots of low wattage vapers use them with higher VG juice.

Maybe someone here can offer other suggestions for you. The Tootle Puffers thread is full of MTL vapers like me and they use all sorts of Kayfun style tanks.
    Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

3. mackman

mackman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    NorCal
    Dilute the VG juice with distilled water. Here is a link to a thread:diluting vg?

4. Two_Bears

Two_Bears Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    I use 70% VG EJUICE in my Kayfun Monster Mini V3. Works Great!

5. Bonskibon

Bonskibon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2015
    USA Northeast
    I used 70% VG in my Kayfun lite plus without issues.

6. 1stimer

Aug 5, 2012
    Pasadena, CA
    I do know about DW, thanks for the reminder. Yeah, I'll just get the juice and see. Guess I just wanted an excuse to get a new tank and try temp control, which I've heard is tough with SS on a Kayfun. Guess that's a new thread. Thanks all.

7. darknecrotic

darknecrotic Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 6, 2014
    White Plains, NY
    Shouldn't be an issue. Just keep your wick as fluffy as possible. You want the ends of the cotton surrounding the juice channels not in them (obviously). once I had my chimney barrel on I would get a pokey and just make sure the cotton wasn't clogging the channels and give her tails one last fluff.

I vaped 80 VG at 20 watts with no problemo. Hope it works out!

8. DavidOck

DavidOck ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Use rayon wicking. :)

9. Jason Huhn

Jason Huhn New Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Hey dude,

I can only MTL and 100% VG :(

I had the Kanger Mini subtank, that worked for me for a year, just bought the Kayfun Mini V3, Kayfun V5 and Squape RS. They are all awesome apart from the mini V3, can't seem to get that wicking. The Squape RS is awesome though, I can just hold the fire button and that thing wicks like a b!tch. I use 26 guage, about 6-7 wraps on a 2.5 and use the bottom ematal deck

The Kayfun V5 is very good, no wicking problems with 100% VG

10. javyn

javyn Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 22, 2010
    houston
    If you have a dremel and some grinding bits, I'd buy some replacement KFL bases from FT for about 4 bucks a piece and widen the juice channels on them for high VG liquids. Bonus - High VG liquid makes the best lube for the bit.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TruSound

TruSound Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 20, 2011
    Granada Hills, Ca
    I've never had any wicking issues with any of my 5 authentic KFL+ using some very heavy VG juices during the last 3+ years, my builds are 8 wraps, 26ga NiChrome 80, 2.5mm diameter for .75ohms and using Rayon...wicks perfectly no matter what's in the tank.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 1stimer

Aug 5, 2012
    Pasadena, CA
    I've now gone through three flavors of Adorandack Vapors MAX VG, which is the liquid I was worried about, and have had zero wicking issues in my KFL+ V2's.

#worriedfornothing

Thanks again everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  13. tokarev

tokarev Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2009
    Tennessee, USA
    Glad to hear you got it to wick without problems.

Regarding TC on the KFL+ with stainless steel, I have not had any trouble getting it to work on my EhPro KFL+ V2 clone. I have it running right now on an eVic VTC Mini. It's 26 ga. SS at 0.62 ohms, which was about 6-7 wraps IIRC. I'm a tootle puffer (MTL) and I'm getting good results with 50/50 juice at around 400 degrees F. I think you would have pretty good luck with SS in a Kayfun.

The only wire I have found difficult to work with on that tiny Kayfun deck is titanium. I have Ti in a EhPro KFL+ V1 that lives on my D2 (no SS mode). My Ti wire is not annealed so it's got a lot of "spring", making it hard to coil and very hard to mount on the tiny KFL screws. It works great though once I get it mounted properly. I guess I need to buy some pre-annealed Ti wire or try running it through a torch flame before coiling and mounting.

BTW, I also am a rayon convert. Nothing I've ever tried wicks better than rayon.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.