Kayfun lover needs a little help with high VG

Status
Not open for further replies.

1stimer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2012
Pasadena, CA
Hi guys. I am a MTL vaper, and have (2) Kayfun lite plus V2's that I love. I've tried the squape, sold it. Tried the subtank....not for me.

I just purchased a buttload of high VG juice here on the classifieds, and am worried my kayfun's aren't going to be able to wick this juice properly.

What are my options for a tank that can handle high VG juice?

I'm also ordering a VTC mini and some SS wire, so the tank would need to work well with this setup if possible, but I can always go back to kanthal if need be.

I can't keep up with all the hardware. I just want to rebuild a coil, fill it up, and not worry about it. That's why I have never left the kayfun lite's.

Thanks for any suggestions.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Hi guys. I am a MTL vaper, and have (2) Kayfun lite plus V2's that I love. I've tried the squape, sold it. Tried the subtank....not for me.

I just purchased a buttload of high VG juice here on the classifieds, and am worried my kayfun's aren't going to be able to wick this juice properly.

I'm also ordering a VTC mini and some SS wire, so the tank would need to work well with this setup if possible, but I can always go back to kanthal if need be.

I can't keep up with all the hardware. I just want to rebuild a coil, fill it up, and not worry about it. That's why I have never left the kayfun lite's.

People here have enlarged the juice feed ports on the Kayfun by filing or machining to increase juice flow. Kayfun is good up to about 50/50 Pg and Vg with the stock setup.

The Orchid V2 or V4 might be what you are looking for, but they are high airflow rebuildables that have adjustable airflow. The Lemo Drop is about the same. Lots of low wattage vapers use them with higher VG juice.

Maybe someone here can offer other suggestions for you. The Tootle Puffers thread is full of MTL vapers like me and they use all sorts of Kayfun style tanks.
Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

I use 70% VG EJUICE in my Kayfun Monster Mini V3. Works Great!

darknecrotic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 6, 2014
    Columbia, SC
    www.caraudioinc.com
    Shouldn't be an issue. Just keep your wick as fluffy as possible. You want the ends of the cotton surrounding the juice channels not in them (obviously). once I had my chimney barrel on I would get a pokey and just make sure the cotton wasn't clogging the channels and give her tails one last fluff.

I vaped 80 VG at 20 watts with no problemo. Hope it works out!

Jason Huhn

Jun 6, 2016

Hey dude,

I can only MTL and 100% VG :(

I had the Kanger Mini subtank, that worked for me for a year, just bought the Kayfun Mini V3, Kayfun V5 and Squape RS. They are all awesome apart from the mini V3, can't seem to get that wicking. The Squape RS is awesome though, I can just hold the fire button and that thing wicks like a b!tch. I use 26 guage, about 6-7 wraps on a 2.5 and use the bottom ematal deck

The Kayfun V5 is very good, no wicking problems with 100% VG

TruSound

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 20, 2011
    Granada Hills, Ca

I've never had any wicking issues with any of my 5 authentic KFL+ using some very heavy VG juices during the last 3+ years, my builds are 8 wraps, 26ga NiChrome 80, 2.5mm diameter for .75ohms and using Rayon...wicks perfectly no matter what's in the tank.

Reactions: DavidOck

tokarev

ECF Veteran
    Jan 25, 2009
    Tennessee, USA
    Glad to hear you got it to wick without problems.

Regarding TC on the KFL+ with stainless steel, I have not had any trouble getting it to work on my EhPro KFL+ V2 clone. I have it running right now on an eVic VTC Mini. It's 26 ga. SS at 0.62 ohms, which was about 6-7 wraps IIRC. I'm a tootle puffer (MTL) and I'm getting good results with 50/50 juice at around 400 degrees F. I think you would have pretty good luck with SS in a Kayfun.

The only wire I have found difficult to work with on that tiny Kayfun deck is titanium. I have Ti in a EhPro KFL+ V1 that lives on my D2 (no SS mode). My Ti wire is not annealed so it's got a lot of "spring", making it hard to coil and very hard to mount on the tiny KFL screws. It works great though once I get it mounted properly. I guess I need to buy some pre-annealed Ti wire or try running it through a torch flame before coiling and mounting.

BTW, I also am a rayon convert. Nothing I've ever tried wicks better than rayon.

Reactions: DavidOck
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread