Kayfun Prime by SXK or YFTK? (Attack of the clone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bambel

Jul 17, 2017
I had ordered one from FT, but it's not availible anymore. Don’t know who the manufacturer was, but SKU was 9155100.

So far i'm satisfied with this clone, build quality is very good. But it has one funny bug: the air holes and the dots indicators are reversed. The ony usefull way to assemble this thing is with one dot beeing the largest hole and six dots the smallest. But as i don’t change AFC very often, i don’t care.

b.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

rifky

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2014
Indonesia
Just got on hand sxk full with logo, I can say I am really impressive. The build quality is superb and really 1:1 . The juice hole are drilled perfectly and I not able to notice the difference between authen and clone beside the quality of O Ring. It seem SXK are nailed on this one.
I want uodate a photo but it seem the new server still not allowed me.

FichoZG

May 19, 2017
Croatia

hat.jr

Sep 26, 2017
I received my SXK Prime four days ago and it's been working well. I also have an SXK V5 Mini and an SXK Mini V3 that both work fine. Occasionally I'll get some leaking from the air flow control or the base hardware on both the V5 and V3, but all my rebuildables have leaked at one time or another to varying degrees. The YFTK Prime seems to be well regarded also, and I would have ordered it (it's a dollar or two cheaper than the SXK) had it been available when I placed my order with 3Fvape.

rifky

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2014
Indonesia
I received my SXK Prime four days ago and it's been working well. I also have an SXK V5 Mini and an SXK Mini V3 that both work fine. Occasionally I'll get some leaking from the air flow control or the base hardware on both the V5 and V3, but all my rebuildables have leaked at one time or another to varying degrees. The YFTK Prime seems to be well regarded also, and I would have ordered it (it's a dollar or two cheaper than the SXK) had it been available when I placed my order with 3Fvape.
Pls share the info when you recived it.
1. Is that true the top cap is diffrent on YFTK so its not leak when refill?
2. I hear the draw is diffrent, YFTK is more tight, which one more identical with authentic?

I am thinking about buying YFTK :)

hat.jr

Sep 26, 2017
I haven't heard (or read) anything about differences in the top cap on the SXK and YFTK Prime clones. I did read that someone suggested the air flow control is more precise on the YFTK, but it's an anecdotal account. All I can attest to is that for the few days I've owned it the SXK has performed well and has not leaked. The parts seem to fit together well, and the air flow does increment in six steps as the air flow control ring is adjusted. The gasket that seals the top cap to the tank must be compressed in order for the threads to engage and this makes it just a little more difficult to attach the top cap after filling, but I don't consider it a problem; it's just an idiosyncrasy of the tank that one adjusts to over time - changing the gasket might correct the problem, but I haven't felt the need to do so.

I do like the hybrid drip tip on the SXK Prime clone a lot; it feels very comfortable in the mouth to me. Preferable to the too-short tip on the SXK Kayfun 5 Mini, and the longer all metal tip on the SXK Kayfun Mini V3.

Kusie

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2017
Germany
FYI: I bought a Prime Clone manufactured by ShenRay ... it comes with 100% copied package design and logos (I was a bit shocked, buyers not knowing they get a clone could easily be fooled by the exact replica and get charged the full price of an original... so be aware if you buy an original and check the serial number). I did not come from FT but it´s a complete package with 2 ml glass, 4 ml glass and chimney adapter (similar to $16.17 Prime Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 2ml/4ml / 316 stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping ).

Unfortunately it´s not a good clone. It suffers the same problems reported from other Prime clones: airholes reversed/messed up, AFC is not smooth and it seems no matter what setting you select it´s always the same draw... top cap design is bad, the O ring is too thick and it´s almost impossible to close/screw on the top cap, you have to press it down heavily for the threads being able to catch the top cap... changed O ring to a smaller one but then it heavily leaked though the top cap when tank is on side or upside down.
Also, something is wrong with the whole juice flow control... on other Kayfun reviews I saw that it is enough to open the JFC just a LITTLE bit (not even one full turn) and the juice flows... on my clone, with standard 50:50 juice I need 4 or 5 full turns until bubbles appear and juice flows... the upper part is now almost completely screwed off the base now... but otherwise I get dry hits and have constant reflow problems. Flavor is underwelming.

Wicking is difficult compared to the doggy for example, 28GA wire is amost to thin to be trapped under the small screw. So most of my 28GA coils are wobbly...
I´m not satisfied ... not at all.

K.

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
Just wondering... Which one is better?

I own both types... 2 of each actually... they are basically identical in machining; top notch... no issues.

How about a real one?

Why? When you can get a 1:1 clone for 85% less than an authentic KF?

After buying my 4 KF Prime clones, I took the $400 saved and put it away for future vape gear.

Nedeljko

Mar 15, 2017
I have SXK and Ulton.
SXK have not so good o-rings.
My SXK have occasionally micro gurgle after refil, other owners have more problems.
Sxk prime leak when refill: FastTech Forums

Upper tank is SXK, lower is Ulton, same position on both (o-ring no. 11).

fd62d7f41870a4cef67e8253aa89fe9f.jpg
69bc67b8d01d52fa1a2797ded4c7dfa1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread