Kayfun/ Russian 91% coil build recommendations.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juggernaut666

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
Dallas Tx.
So the kayfun builds are no sweat, the Russian for some reason took me a little but to get down but I got it. The Kayfun is on the wifes Stingray, My Kayfun is down and out till I find an o-ring for it. anyways.

I'm using the Russian on an AR and the flavor is there, using 28 guage kanthal 4/5 wrap, fluke metered it out at .7 but It's a hot vape and not alot of of vapor, my nautilus on the wifes Provari, puts out a TON more vapor. but I also have the air hole on the nautilus drilled out to 1/8"

anyone got any tried and true recommendations for for a nice warm (not hot) vape, with a nice flavor and plenty of vapor for both the Kayfun and Russian? ( iknow essentially the same but everyone has their preferrences.;)

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Possible your Coil is to close to the air hole and/or to much wick material. Both can cause poor production. No, kayfun/Russian is no cloud chaser. However they will produce decent vapor and should be giving excellent flavor if built right.

I run all my Kayfuns 1.3-1.7ohms

Assuming the AR is a full Mechanical(not familiar) give a 1.2-1.4ohm build a try. Allow a few mm under the coil for air to wrap around the coil easily.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Go with a thicker wire and longer coil for more surface area. A .7Ω coil with 28ga is HOT. I am starting to find that longer coils that extend well past the diameter of the center air hole are providing better flavor.

Current build I'm running for a mech is 10 wraps of 24ga at 2.4mm ID for 0.74Ω wicked with organic cotton ball. It's a warm vape, but not hot. Flavor is _excellent_.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread