Kayfun storage and service center (made from 100% authentic trash!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

orion7319

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So yesterday I was kinda bored and decided to take on a project to make rebuilding my kayfuns easier. I started with a scrap piece of oak threshold which I stained and drilled out. I had a bunch of dead/almost dead/completely unloved ego batteries. I took them apart and completely stripped all the electronics out of them, so I could use the threaded heads. I then just hot glued them into the oak threshold. I'm sure I'm not the only person to have ever done this, so no big deal really. What makes this setup pretty cool is I made a tool that lets me keep my kayfuns 3.1 (and my 2.1 mini that I have on order) tanks completey full when I go to re wick and recoil them. Draining that tank out every time is kinda a pain as many of you know, and is probably the reason why most of you have bought Kayfun 4's. So I found something online called a kayfil. It's pretty smart how it works and I would probably buy one to keep with me at work, but I can't find anyone who sells them in the states. So I made one myself. I took a Phillips jewelers screw driver and cut it off to the proper lengths at both ends with my bolt cutters and then smoothed them out with my dremmel. I had a base for a kanger protank that I broke the glass on,as well as a Kanger protank mini clone that I had (trophy tank I think). Anyway I filled the base of the trophy tank complete full of hot glue, screwed it to the base of the protank and set the screwdriver down in the base into the hot glue and let it set. I rebuilt my coil today using it and it made the process so much easier! The best part is the whole thing didn't cost a dime as I just used a bunch of junk I had laying around the house. Didn't even have to run out to the hardware store for anything!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 109
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 109
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 114
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 115
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 124
Reactions: ronmack

orion7319

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So, the screwdriver/kayfil tool needs to be the same diameter as the Kayfun chimney outside diameter?

The actual screwdriver just needs to fit inside the chimney and needs to be cut short enough so that it doesn't touch the coil and wick. The screwdriver handel needs to be the same diameter or slightly bigger than the o-ring in the top cap. The jewlers screw driver worked great for that. I used the largest Phillips in the set. It was one of these types of sets. (Not this particular one though, but they are all standard set sizes)

http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/Great-Neck-Saw-GP6C-6-Piece-Jewelers-Screwdriver-Set/19866528

orion7319

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thanks....:)
Your welcome! When I was testing it, and figuring it out, I had emptied out the juice and had it completely filled with water. It didn't leak a drop, even filled with water. I rewick it a couple of times a week, and it really speeds this process up and cuts way down on the mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread