Kayfun V4 anytime access to coil - How does this work? - doesn't seem possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anubuk

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2014
A mountain top in Northern Ohio
Alright. I know how to open and close the juice control on my new Kayfun V4. Supposingly you are able to access the coil w/ juice in the tank yet I cannot figure this out. The entire deck raises up to shut off the juice. It seems like to get to the coil on the deck you will be releasing the closed juice control. Therefore releasing the juice. You can hold it upside down but at that point there is no point in closing off the juice.

What am I missing? Any one know anything about this?

If someone could link me a video that explains this or link some good pictures or a really good description that would be great. My understanding of "anytime coil access" was that once you shut off the juice, you could mess with your coil w/out the juice spilling everywhere.

I know that there is a Kayfun V4 thread but it is ridiculously long to comb through for an answer. And I am tired of going through videos and finding that they don't cover this.

Thank you for any help anyone can provide.

EJAB

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
North Las Vegas, Nevada,U.S.A.
Just put a small precision screw driver in to one of the four air-intake ports and twist it, while holding on to the bottom of the chimney with the SvoeMesto logo on it. If your K4 is upside down, then twist the air-port section counter-clock wise and vise versa if your doing it with your K4 right side up (remember to hold the bottom of the chimney as you do this). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnRMNJVg3Rk ((at 16:35 of video))

Last edited:
Reactions: Vaprnoob

Anubuk

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2014
A mountain top in Northern Ohio
Just put a small precision screw driver in to one of the four air-intake ports and twist it, while holding on to the bottom of the chimney with the SvoeMesto logo on it. If your K4 is upside down, then twist the air-port section counter-clock wise and vise versa if your doing it with your K4 right side up (remember to hold the bottom of the chimney as you do this). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnRMNJVg3Rk ((at 16:35 of video))

Thank you

So the tank is not sealed up, the juice can still be spilled. I was doing it right then. I just thought the tank was supposed to be sealed hence my confusion. The video cleared it all up. Thanks again

Raguvian

Verified Member
Dec 21, 2014
Houston
The tank is supposed to be upside down because as you said there's nothing to stop it from leaking out when you take the build deck out. Also, I wouldn't put a screwdriver into the air holes with the juice control closed. When the juice control is closed, the build deck is raised to close off the holes at the bottom of the tank. If you try to unscrew the deck with the control closed you'll end up fighting the friction of the deck against the tank holes and it won't move. Just keep the juice control open with the tank upside down and it'll screw right off. I bent one of my screwdrivers by trying to take the tank off with the juice control closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread