Status
Not open for further replies.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
So you're saying little children can READ the warnings on disposables, and thus know not to tamper with them? :lol:

If somebody is a parent, and they don't know to keep these things out of the hands of their children (nicotine containing substance) then I am sure I am using the word "parent" rather loosely.

Anyone with children, who is a capable and attentive PARENT, knows what is around their child at all times, and has a watchful eye-- and any and all dangerous objects and solutions are kept locked up, high up, and safely out of reach.

Every disposable i have bought has a warning and yes, if they don't I guess people need to know that nicotine is poison....but it's scares me to think anyone is so remiss as to not know this?

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
No, I'm saying a prominent warning would REMIND parents to keep them out of the reaches of children. A child is not likely to die from putting a cigarette in his mouth but a filter soaked with the equivalent of two packs? well, duh. It might scare you to think that people are remiss so be scared then, because they are. What do you have against a warning on the package anyway? Does it do some harm? Would it stop you from buying them or enjoying them? Well, no, it wouldn't, would it. I think there needs to be a warning in big bold letters saying Keep Out Of Reach Of Children and then some smaller text explaining that the item contains possible lethal dosages of nicotine. Just to help protect the children, that's all. Also, it would protect the manufacturer from huge lawsuits as well.

Last edited:

ConnorJS

Unregistered Supplier
Sep 12, 2013
UK
www.pureliquids.co.uk
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Nicotine poisoning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The probable lethal dose of nicotine has been reported as between 40 and 60 milligrams (the total amount in about 2 cigarettes if all of the nicotine was absorbed) in adults and about 1 mg/kg in children (less than 1 cigarette) .[7][8][9] Children may become ill following ingestion of one cigarette,[10] ingestion of more than this may cause a child to become severely ill.[11][5] In some cases children have become poisoned by topical medicinal creams which contain nicotine.[12]

easy to link too... Depending on age weight and others of child.

ConnorJS

Unregistered Supplier
Sep 12, 2013
UK
www.pureliquids.co.uk
  • Deleted by Misty

ConnorJS

Unregistered Supplier
Sep 12, 2013
UK
www.pureliquids.co.uk
  • Deleted by Misty

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
PureLiquids said:
{MODERATED}

Please do be careful. Heck I wasn't aware nicotine was a poison like this until I started vaping.

It is similar to alcohol as in tolerance building. Even then your mostly likely to pass out from alcohol ingestion. Nicotine can be absorbed through the skin and if it is high enough.. It will be a permanent sleep as there is no antidote.

Careful is good :)

Last edited by a moderator:

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
Oh be for real. When I was a kid I took one of those heavy duty metal shopping carts from the grocery story and dismantled it into little pieces and you're trying to tell me a child can't figure out how to unroll a disposable vape? And how is a friendly reminder TELLING you what to do? With all due respect, a warning designed to protect children isn't big brother dictating your behavior.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
I kept my smokes away from my kids prying hands I'm sure I don't need anyone telling me to do the same with anything Vape related. Omg.

Also pretty sure my lids at a young age would have an Impossible time trying to pry out the stuffing in a Carto.

I think there was a post on here were someone very young child got a hold of a 6 mg liquid bottle and started sucking on it. Fortunately the lid was on tight. Still a very real wake up call.

mezzio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Please don't compare vapes to guns. That's not a good argument.

I think the point he was making is, both can be dangerous, its up to the adult to know better, so its actually a valid argument since it all comes down to being responsible as an adult with education and preventative actions.

I keep my e-liquids out of reach of my kids the same way I keep my guns and ammo out of reach. If something happened to them because of a nicotine overdose or a gun shot from one of my weapons, I would be held responsible, not the manufacturers.

The new Tapatalk update blows... that is all now Free

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Well that's what I call the filter looking thing that holds the juice. What is the proper term for it?

Probably polyfill... Filter works just as good. anyone that argues it is being difficult.

Heck when I was 5-8 I was taping soup cans together.. dousing it with lighter fluid and sending a tennis ball to space. Lighter fluid was fun at that age.

Last edited:

ConnorJS

Unregistered Supplier
Sep 12, 2013
UK
www.pureliquids.co.uk
  • Deleted by UntamedRose
  • Reason: spam
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread