Keep setting off my basement smoke alarm..

Status
Not open for further replies.

tizz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
wv
a bit embarrassing but I keep setting off my smoke alarm in my basement..i then have to run upstairs to disable it and stand by the phone and explain to my alarm company that it is a false alarm...the first time it happened, I couldnt remember my verbal password and they sent out the red truck. Im sure this has happened to others. I would really hate to start vaping outside but if I cant come up with a solution, I just may have to..any suggestions?

tizz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
wv
Get a fire detector instead of a smoke detector. Place a fan to keep the vapor away. If it were me I would do the 2nd. You could also do what the dude did in the one thread and disable it. Again, I would not recommend that. I would do the fan route or tootlepuff.

thats not an option for me because all of the detectors are networked in the house. It seems to work using a large fan.

Reactions: bluecat

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
thats not an option for me because all of the detectors are networked in the house. It seems to work using a large fan.
Good deal. You can try calling your alarm company and seeing if there is a fire alarm option for that particular one. In my kids bathroom the fire alarm is right by the door. They tend to take a shower and then leave the door open which triggers the alarm. I had to teach them to leave the door shut with the fan on. I had a devil of a time with the alarm company too. I did call to get it switched out but decided not to. Fortunately the girls learned quickly. I really didn't want a fire detector. I prefer smoke detectors.

Reactions: tizz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread