The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

keeping the vape money local

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by coolerat, Dec 8, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. coolerat

coolerat Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2015
    Verona,NY
    Had to go into the city today which means mandatory vape shop and unnecessary purchase stop.

So they got the Ares in stock. I been wanting to flip Pbusardo afew bucks for all he's done for me and the industry.

One look at that driptip told me this is not a tank I'll ever use. I don't think you could get a human hair down that hole. But I'll build it later and try it before it goes in the zombie box.

Supporting my fellow NYer (phil) and the local shop is an ok feeling I guess.

The got a bunch of starter kits in today and they had me try them all. They are loaded with 8mg juice. Thats WAAAAAY to high for me at this point of my journey but why not. Some of them are so harsh its no wonder people try vaping and run for the hills. But this one was shaped like a giant lipstick thingie like my grandma used back in the 40's and it was actually not to bad. Like a 1.2Ω coil and 1000 MaH battery. Not bad. Certianly better then what I started on.

• Like Like x 3
  2. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I do this too with my local vape shop. It’s good that they exist so I try to do my part to keep them in business. Iirc the ageis kit tank is supposed to be not too bad by some accounts YMMV of course. The tank I have on my ageis is an aromamizer 7 plus. There aren’t too many mods that look good with a 30mm tank on them so I thought I’d take advantage. It does look good but I find I have to wrap it single coil because the aromamizer is just too power thirsty with two coils in it. The ageis is big and tough but at the end of the day it IS a single battery mod.

• Like Like x 2
  3. coolerat

Mar 20, 2015
    Verona,NY
    My wife uses an Ages.

It's a good mod for her. She LOVES the VPC mode.

I bought the Ares tank.

• Like Like x 2
  4. AzPlumber

AzPlumber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2011
    Arizona
    I would do the same but that's a long drive for me. :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    There is a second Drip Tip in the box with a wider bore. Not to mention you can use any 510 tip you want.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. coolerat

Mar 20, 2015
    Verona,NY
    Yeah but we have bad weather and high taxes so you know you want to.

• Like Like x 4
  7. coolerat

Mar 20, 2015
    Verona,NY
    It's the fact they include it that tells me this tank can't move enough air to keep a canary alive.

Charity case. I knew that going in so not upset.

If they'd hurry up and get tired on my wife's car I could have lay.

• Like Like x 2
  8. 440BB

440BB Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    Whatever it takes to keep those fires burning!:shock:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. coolerat

Mar 20, 2015
    Verona,NY
    Holy auto correct am I right brosef??

Tires.

I'm sick of walking the hallowed halls of Walmart

• Like Like x 4
  10. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Ah arg. Don’t know how I got ageis out of ares. Yeah the area is all about the MTL vaping. It’s a great MTL tank though apparently. People like them for that. You can probably resell it.

• Like Like x 2
  11. coolerat

Mar 20, 2015
    Verona,NY
    So the Ares is a tootle puffers wet dream.

Almost zero air flow. But a really nice tank. Very well made. Very easy to build. Dimi's coil tool is a screw on a stick but it works great for coiling and made installing the coil crazy easy.

I put in a 26ga SS build and put it on a SX Mini M class in TCR mode and she's vaping like a champ.

A concern I hear voiced was about its 24mmism. Its not really a 24mm but more of a 22.5 or 23mm. ON the SX Mini is barely over hangs and actually looks quite fetching.

• Like Like x 2
  12. ScottP

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I would be interested in how it does with a wider bore drip tip. I do MTL but it is a fairly loose MTL. Loose enough you CAN also do DL. For instance I have been using a Serpent SMM with custom tip and the airflow mostly closed.

• Like Like x 2
  13. coolerat

Mar 20, 2015
    Verona,NY
    I got a good bore tip on it now, the stock one is unusable.

I was a heavy smoker so I've never been about to tootle.

I'm guessing here but the few times I bummed a Virginia Slim the Ares kinda reminds me of that.

Or possibly, while I never did either, like a cigar or a pipe where people seem to like gentle pulls and swishing it around in the mouth..

For me I was putting down 4 packs of smokes a day on the good/bad days. I hit things hard.

Its a good tank for those its meant for.

• Like Like x 3
  14. ScottP

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Well it sounds like it may be too tight for me. Phil and Dimi did say they have a DL version in the works (no time frame mentioned yet) so I may wait for that one. I really don't NEED anything else so I may not get anything. I'll have to wait and see.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Alien Traveler

Alien Traveler Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 3, 2014
    United States
    I cannot understand that: support local. Why? What's good in it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. jfcooley

jfcooley I find your lack of faith disturbing... Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've found that since I've started sqonking, my local shops are of no use outside of juice.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Coastal Cowboy

Coastal Cowboy This aggression will not stand, man! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    Not many people know about the wealth of alternatives we internet shoppers have.

A lot of curious smokers are more interested in seeing, holding and trying a device before buying.

Shopping at a local store helps the local economy and helps vape shops stay open long enough for one or more of those curious smokers to find out how kick a deadly habit.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  18. coolerat

Mar 20, 2015
    Verona,NY

Perzactly!!!!!

For everyone of us innernet vapers using Provari's with Kayfuns and Tibetan yak hair wicks blessed by the Dali Lama with a mocha latte goat soy milk double shot of foam e-juice there are at least a dozen folks walking in asking for "a coil for whatever this is a bottle of strawberry".

So while I gleefully await my endless vapemail from around the World I try to remember that poor guy who just couldn't quit smoking and walked in that vape shop one fateful day and said he was sick and tired of being sick and tired.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  19. coolerat

Mar 20, 2015
    Verona,NY
    Just hunted my Provati P3 down and put the Ares on it. It's got a SS TC coil on it at .44 so I can't fire it but can get a appearance idea.

OCD people are screwed but for everyone else it's a good fit. Tiny tiny overhang and looks very nice.

• Like Like x 2
  20. gcvt

gcvt Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 11, 2012
    San Francisco
    Wow...holy crap! :blink:

If you don't mind me asking, was this a situation where you could smoke at work, light one up, take a few drags, and the rest burned itself up as you worked? I only ask because my early career work (journalism) was like that. Smoking at my desk but 80% of each cigarette went unused as it just burned away in an ashtray.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.