RDA Kennedy 24mm RDA thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan011z

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2015
Claremont, California
Lol thanks bro. That's actually a multistrand fused Clapton, 25 strands of 38g & one strand 26g fused with 40g. Parallel to 24g all N80. The most annoying part of those types of builds is cutting the high gauge wire to even lengths. The way I do it is I'll pull the wire on the spool across an 12" LP frame & cut once I have the strand from end to end on the frame.
Claptons are easy to make, I honestly struggle sometimes making a 30g Clapton around 24g because the 30g is so thick.
Edit: I actually didn't find any K24 clones on eBay. Just decks and caps for "build your own K24". And I found this. Call me crazy but I think the price is worth the bling. http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/131611901180

Yea my fault haha, I just checked too and all I see is K22mm clones 1:1.
Man that cap looks sick!!

Edit: there seems to be rose gold And black rhodium gold also priced at $209.00 (full atty)
o_O

Last edited:

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Yea my fault haha, I just checked too and all I see is K22mm clones 1:1.
Man that cap looks sick!!

Edit: there seems to be rose gold And black rhodium gold also priced at $209.00 (full atty)
o_O
How about that black rhodium Ruby mod? That thing is all kinds of sexy.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Dan011z

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2015
Claremont, California

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
I haven't had a chance to see it in person yet. My buddy is a pretty prominent builder and works at a shop like 15 min from my house, last time I was there was after the Texas expo, he brought back K24's, K22's, Petri atty's & mods, some other high end stuff I can't remember. He's got a good relationship with Steve Kennedy so hopefully they'll have some Rubies to check out.
I keep my K24 on top of a brass limitless with a diamondback sleeve, contemplating gettin either the copper or silver plated button for my mod instead of the stock brass. Thoughts on silver plated vs copper?

Reactions: Dan011z

Donnie Alexander

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2015
Lol thanks bro. That's actually a multistrand fused Clapton, 25 strands of 38g & one strand 26g fused with 40g. Parallel to 24g all N80. The most annoying part of those types of builds is cutting the high gauge wire to even lengths. The way I do it is I'll pull the wire on the spool across an 12" LP frame & cut once I have the strand from end to end on the frame.
Claptons are easy to make, I honestly struggle sometimes making a 30g Clapton around 24g because the 30g is so thick.
Edit: I actually didn't find any K24 clones on eBay. Just decks and caps for "build your own K24". And I found this. Call me crazy but I think the price is worth the bling. http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/131611901180

That would go well with my 24K gold plated Limitless mod, I want

Donnie Alexander

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2015
I haven't had a chance to see it in person yet. My buddy is a pretty prominent builder and works at a shop like 15 min from my house, last time I was there was after the Texas expo, he brought back K24's, K22's, Petri atty's & mods, some other high end stuff I can't remember. He's got a good relationship with Steve Kennedy so hopefully they'll have some Rubies to check out.
I keep my K24 on top of a brass limitless with a diamondback sleeve, contemplating gettin either the copper or silver plated button for my mod instead of the stock brass. Thoughts on silver plated vs copper?

I have all 3 buttons, the only ones I use are the copper ones. The brass is okay but the Silver isn't woth it. I believe it's aluminium plated with Silver. Feels so fragile and light I feel like I am going to break it, it actually feels like plastic.

I used it once and put it away for good.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
I found one side effect of Kennedy 24.
It goes through so much effin juice imo.
It also HOLDS so much effin juice though!

Edit: while on the topic of limitless mods, I just wanted to bring this up:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Platinum Plated Limitless Mod - Vapor Hub
Platinum plated copper. The Gold plated Limitless is gold plating on brass.
At $194, it's pretty much screaming "BUY ME!!!"....so conflicting because my next mod is either gonna be the Reuleaux DNA200 or the CloudMaker Whiteout DNA200 with 2 LiPo packs and a dual 18650 battery sled. And I still can't make up my mind between THOSE two!

Ahhh this is killing me, between the Reuleaux and the Whiteout (I'd be preordering for batch 2 on either mods, I want to wait until the first batches get into people's hands first), what do ya'll think?

Last edited:

Donnie Alexander

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2015
It also HOLDS so much effin juice though!

Edit: while on the topic of limitless mods, I just wanted to bring this up: View attachment 506726 View attachment 506727 Platinum Plated Limitless Mod - Vapor Hub
Platinum plated copper. The Gold plated Limitless is gold plating on brass.
At $194, it's pretty much screaming "BUY ME!!!"....so conflicting because my next mod is either gonna be the Reuleaux DNA200 or the CloudMaker Whiteout DNA200 with 2 LiPo packs and a dual 18650 battery sled. And I still can't make up my mind between THOSE two!

Ahhh this is killing me, between the Reuleaux and the Whiteout (I'd be preordering for batch 2 on either mods, I want to wait until the first batches get into people's hands first), what do ya'll think?

I like the concept of the Reuleax and love the idea of the Cloudmaker. However both have one serious flaw for me and that is that they are on the larger side of big. Whereas the platinum plated copper mod sounds like heaven, small enough to fit in your hand and will outlast the other 2 devices by years.

I have a Vaporshark DNA 200 and don't really bother using it. But I hardly put down my copper mech mod.

Donnie Alexander

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2015
I found one side effect of Kennedy 24.
It goes through so much effin juice imo.

Oddly I don't find that it consumes more juice than my other RDAs but it does have a hella big juice well and I keep it topped up. Either way when compared, it uses less than all of the modern sub ohm tanks which really drink juice.

Reactions: Tom Forde

Dan011z

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2015
Claremont, California
Oddly I don't find that it consumes more juice than my other RDAs but it does have a hella big juice well and I keep it topped up. Either way when compared, it uses less than all of the modern sub ohm tanks which really drink juice.

Maybe I feel this way because I fill the entire deck with juice (all the way upto the 2 air holes on each side) oppose to painting on other RDAs.. Been vaping alot on my Kennedy also. Can't put it down.

Reactions: Tom Forde

Donnie Alexander

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2015
Maybe I feel this way because I fill the entire deck with juice (all the way upto the 2 air holes on each side) oppose to painting on other RDAs.. Been vaping alot on my Kennedy also. Can't put it down.

I do the same, and I take long pulls. And I can't put my Kennedy down neither. I just remember that on a sub ohm tank I would go through twice as much juice and I stay contented. Lol

Donnie Alexander

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2015
I remember the Atlantis v2 days...
Such a distant memory lol

I sold most of my tanks including the v2, I just kept a couple of Freemax Starr Pros and a Silo Beast as I still have a ton of coils. But they are mostly forgotten about, gathering dust. I don't even bother using my Goblin Mini or Billow v2 as I can't be bothered with the small build decks.

The only point of pain is when I drive, dripping at the traffic lights has become an art form. Lol

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
I like the concept of the Reuleax and love the idea of the Cloudmaker. However both have one serious flaw for me and that is that they are on the larger side of big. Whereas the platinum plated copper mod sounds like heaven, small enough to fit in your hand and will outlast the other 2 devices by years.

I have a Vaporshark DNA 200 and don't really bother using it. But I hardly put down my copper mech mod.
Size doesn't matter to me. My high wattage reg'd mod is a sigelei 100w, thing is just a straight up box haha. So between the two, which would you pick if you had to?
@Dan011z I paint my coils, pulse them, then fill up the deck to the airholes...it holds so much and just doesn't leak. I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread