Kennedy roundhouse V2 And Flawless tugboat mod v2.5 your thoughts??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfknight12

Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
I love Kennedys, really want a Roundhouse 2 in Stainless with matching RDA. I've got an old Ruby v1 right now, pretty sweet but makes me a little nervous since I can't check the resistance unless I get some kind of multimeter. Also can't use any other atomizers. It hits perfectly because it's a Kennedy, but would definitely rather have the Roundhouse.

cfknight12

Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
Imho a mech mod is a mech mod as long as there’s basic safety features. Of course I have several that I no longer use so I may be a biased. VW sellout or something. I do wish I could find VW mods as well built as the average mech though.
Well by that token isn't a VW mod just a VW mod too? Aside from obviously the different tiers of chips (i.e. Smok/Wismec; mid-tier decent TC like Gene/Omni chip; DNA & YiHi mass-produced; high-end/custom), doesn't it mostly just come down to looks? Same as mechs, just personal preference.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Well by that token isn't a VW mod just a VW mod too? Aside from obviously the different tiers of chips (i.e. Smok/Wismec; mid-tier decent TC like Gene/Omni chip; DNA & YiHi mass-produced; high-end/custom), doesn't it mostly just come down to looks? Same as mechs, just personal preference.

There’s a lot of build quality issues with VW mods. They’re mostly made of painted pot metal, they tend to break down, and a lot of the chips are “meh”. There are badly built mechs too, but as a rule mechs don’t break. Even the cheap ones. You’re not wrong though.

Last edited:

cfknight12

Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
Well you were the one that said a mech is a mech lol, my point was just that VW mods are the same thing - aside from build (and chip in the case of VW) quality, they all have the same functionality. So mostly what you're paying for is brand name and the quality, or at least perceived quality, that goes into that. And/or the aesthetics or style as well.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Well you were the one that said a mech is a mech lol, my point was just that VW mods are the same thing - aside from build (and chip in the case of VW) quality, they all have the same functionality. So mostly what you're paying for is brand name and the quality, or at least perceived quality, that goes into that. And/or the aesthetics or style as well.

Was written wrong. VW has build issues.

nalo_b

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2010
oahu
Imho a mech mod is a mech mod as long as there’s basic safety features. Of course I have several that I no longer use so I may be a biased. VW sellout or something. I do wish I could find VW mods as well built as the average mech though.

That’s exactly why I gave up on vw mods. Even high end vw mods will fail sooner or later. I rather save up and get a mech I really want and it’ll last a lifetime. Plus a lot of mechs hold their value or even go up in value with time.

nalo_b

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2010
oahu
Thoughts on two mech mods I purchased the kennedy roundhouse v2 and I'm wondering what you guys think of it or anyone has one also I'm thinking of buying the Flawless tugboat mod v2.5 aswell just was wondering if anyone has one or knows about it and could tell me what is what with it.

Don’t own a Kennedy but from what I see and hear Cant go wrong with Kennedy. Build quality is top notch

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
That’s exactly why I gave up on vw mods. Even high end vw mods will fail sooner or later. I rather save up and get a mech I really want and it’ll last a lifetime. Plus a lot of mechs hold their value or even go up in value with time.
I can see that. SS TC is just too nice for me to pass up though. No dry hit perfect vape every time, Wicks last weeks.

cfknight12

Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
I can see that. SS TC is just too nice for me to pass up though. No dry hit perfect vape every time, Wicks last weeks.
I do love a good TC vape with SS coils. But honestly I was getting just as good of an experience with my Revenger as my Therion 75, with more wattage. Ended up getting rid of the DNA. Revenger TC does run a bit hot, but no biggie I just turn it down lower than normal and it's great.

nalo_b

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2010
oahu

I used tc for a little while but wasn’t impressed. It pretty much the same as setting your wattage to what you like, plus now a lot of vw devices have settings for ramp up too. Also never get dry hits with a rdta/rta once in a while I do with and rda though. And the juices I like I get about 3 days before rewicking.

Tc is useful though. I setup my dads mod using tc because he always gets dry hits, but he somehow always ends up messing up the settings...lol

cfknight12

Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
I used tc for a little while but wasn’t impressed. It pretty much the same as setting your wattage to what you like, plus now a lot of vw devices have settings for ramp up too. Also never get dry hits with a rdta/rta once in a while I do with and rda though. And the juices I like I get about 3 days before rewicking.

Tc is useful though. I setup my dads mod using tc because he always gets dry hits, but he somehow always ends up messing up the settings...lol
What kind of mod were you using TC with? I'm sure you probably know that you're not going to get a good TC experience with Smok, Wismec and the like products, right? I know to each his own, and I probably use VW more than TC, but some setups just really shine a lot more with TC for me at least.

Reactions: Blyths

Blyths

Oct 14, 2017
Northern Ireland
Personally The Tugboat is a perfect mech. box mod and reliable tubular mech mod, one of the better old school mods I would have to gloat about, Personally having both versions of the Tugboat I would have to say both mods are too good to pass up either way.
Thanks for the input on the tugboat going to purchase it soon hopefully been eyeing it up for sometime now think I'm finally going to get it

• Love
Reactions: .EXE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread