Kensington Portable Power Pack on Sale for $40 at Best Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

realheavy

Mar 28, 2009
Cleveland, Ohio
Yesterday (Monday) I found and bought a Kensington Portable Power Pack on sale at Best buy for $39.99 and got free shipping too so why even drive up the street I figured. I had the url here but was not allowed to post it so just go to bestbuy.com and type in portable pwoer pack.

I have a question from someone who already has one. I was going to buy a USB/AC converter so I didn't have to plug my new e-cig into my computer... (an older desktop)... which I coddle along as best I can. The Kensington comes with a 5V AV/USB converter/adapter for charging so can't I use it for my passthrough rather than buying another?

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
I do not fully understand your question, but I use my Kensington power pack to run my pass-throughs. At my desk, I can charge (using AC or USB) and use the pass-through at the same time.

I too, not really sure of the ?'
I use my kennsington device w/ my USB passthrus
I have a 901, 801 and Peewee passthru, so I can use those three for the moment, one at a time, it would be great to have several ports w/ the mobile, wonder if that can be arranged??

I can use a passthru w/ my laptop and my mobile w/ another passthru, so I have that double trouble going on,

I just LOVE that small little power animal

realheavy

Mar 28, 2009
Cleveland, Ohio
I figured… not knowing a thing about anything electrical… that you
1 - plug in and charge the power pack
2 – once it says it is charged you unplug it
3 - plug in your e-cig passthrough to the pack and off you go

Now suppose you are sitting somewhere that there is no USB port to plug your passthrough in to, but only an AC type wall socket. So you are saying my options for plugging into that AC socket is
1 – I can plug in the little power pack
Plug - adapter – cord – power pack – passthrough = using the power pack while it is plugged in or charging
My question is… can I connect this way…
AC Plug – power pack adaptor - pasthrough?

Damn, I have a picture of the power pack and its parts in my files but I don't know how to get it to show up in this message. But the power pack comes with a little 5v converter that plugs into the AC socket for charging the pack.

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
I figured… not knowing a thing about anything electrical… that you
1 - plug in and charge the power pack
2 – once it says it is charged you unplug it
3 - plug in your e-cig passthrough to the pack and off you go

Now suppose you are sitting somewhere that there is no USB port to plug your passthrough in to, but only an AC type wall socket. So you are saying my options for plugging into that AC socket is
1 – I can plug in the little power pack
Plug - adapter – cord – power pack – passthrough = using the power pack while it is plugged in or charging
My question is… can I connect this way…
AC Plug – power pack adaptor - pasthrough?

Damn, I have a picture of the power pack and its parts in my files but I don't know how to get it to show up in this message. But the power pack comes with a little 5v converter that plugs into the AC socket for charging the pack.

Heavy I think you are asking, if the Kennsington is dead, can you plug the mobile device into the wall and still use the USB passthru, then YES U CAN
although you will find, the mobile device, atleast mine, runs forever, it has no charge memory, so if it is lets say down to 2 or even 3 lights, it has 5 lights for full power, you can recharge your mobile at anytime
But if all fails you can use it to power your usb thru the mobile

You may even consider getting an APC car device, where you can USB pass thru and charge another type device all at the same time

what a great world we live in

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
now i'm confused. lol

this is what i think realheavy is asking.
you get an AC/USB adapter that you plug into the wall to charge your power pack.
if i just plug my passthrough into the AC/USB adapter will it work?

well i just tried it and it works. ;)

sorry if I confused you, It does work,
that device is so cool

realheavy

Mar 28, 2009
Cleveland, Ohio
now i'm confused. lol

this is what i think realheavy is asking.
you get an AC/USB adapter that you plug into the wall to charge your power pack.
if i just plug my passthrough into the AC/USB adapter will it work?

well i just tried it and it works. ;)

Thank you candy girl,
Yes that is exactly what I was asking. Now I wonder if it is just as OK to use this adapter for that purpose as it would be into a computer since I can/won't/don't want to plug my passthrough into my computer.

So I kill 2 birds with one purchase... as I was going to buy an AC/USB adapter so I didn't have to use my computer for vaping.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread