KGO 1100mah V2 from hoosierecig

Status
Not open for further replies.

melloyello

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
usa
i apologize in advance for a badly written negative review.

So i have used the first generation kgo 1100 from hoosier for about a year...and i absolutely love it. One of the batteries died couple weeks ago so i decided to get the V2 kgo.
The battery life on the "new and improved" v2 kgo is much much worse than the original kgo (both versions are 1100mah).

I was used to 10 hours of vaping with the first gen kgo but this V2 battery i get 5 hours. I really regret buying it and would not recommend it to anyone because of the short battery life. Talked to Brent (owner of hoosier) and he said its because there is a constant stream of power going to the carto, as opposed to pulsating in the previous version.

Im very disappointed and will start searching for the better older style kgo. Bummer that they went and re-did something that was better, to worse.

Ribkage

Nov 14, 2011
Connecticut
I dont like the old kgo at all honestly, my wife has one and loves it. I think overall you gotta try way way too hard to get a half-... hit with almost no throat hit. I think sweet-vapes has the old model though if your looking to order one, might want to email them and ask first.

For the record, I think Brent is one of the most awesome people Ive ever delt with in the ecigg business.

Im so sick of fixing my epower every couple weeks and ordering stuff for it I was really hoping this was gonna be a good review so I could just order something from brent. 5 hour battery life is awful. How much do you vape?

Last edited:

melloyello

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
usa
I dont like the old kgo at all honestly, my wife has one and loves it. I think overall you gotta try way way too hard to get a half-... hit with almost no throat hit. I think sweet-vapes has the old model though if your looking to order one, might want to email them and ask first.

For the record, I think Brent is one of the most awesome people Ive ever delt with in the ecigg business.

Im so sick of fixing my epower every couple weeks and ordering stuff for it I was really hoping this was gonna be a good review so I could just order something from brent. 5 hour battery life is awful. How much do you vape?

i vape about 6ml's a day. actually the 5hr figure i gave was not right, (after using it for a while) i found out that the battery actually wasnt drained even if i blinked 5 times fast. i 5 clicked it and it kept on working....however...sometimes i blinks like that after 15 mins off of a full charge. both batteries are like that so Brent exchanged them...ive been using the replacement batteries for couple days and they do the very same thing. something about this v2 business is not right.

my v1 batts NEVER blinked 5 times fast unless the battery was dead. these new (supposedly better) batteries do it at least 10 times before they actually run out of juice. its frustrating to keep clicking and clicking when the battery isnt dead. gives me a heart attack to go someplace and 20 mins after a full charge it gives me the blinking error. 5 clicks later it works again and 6 hours later the battery still has power (of course doing the clicky thing 10 times in between).

ive been using 2,0 boges for about a year and this is the first battery that does this. i would not buy these again, nor recommend them to anyone. i have converted almost 10 vapers to hoosier (kgo v1) but since he wont carry them anymore ill have to find another supplier for the new converts. i dont understand why they "fix" something that isnt broke...and break it.

i understand that these have a 10sec cut-off but i never take puffs that long. these batts would be great (i like 3.7v) if they did what they are supposed to do. im not going to email hoosier about these replacement batts again that are also faulty, im going to just call it a loss and move on.

Last edited:

Schmoggs

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2012
Kentuckiana
I purchased my KGO 1100 v2 from hoosier as well and have not had a single problem yet. I can easily go most of a day if not a day and then some on one charge. Just switched to some 1.8ohm coils in my clearos so maybe I'll see reduced vape time but I kinda doubt it. I vape about four mils a day and will keep using these batteries after I convince myself to buy a VAMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread