The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

KGO batteries really great?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by the.quiet.rider, Feb 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. the.quiet.rider

the.quiet.rider Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2012
    Sheffield Lake
    I ordered my KGO 1100 today. Anybody have one who can tell me all about it? I'll post my experience with it as soon as it gets here!!!

2. cavibird2005

cavibird2005 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2011
    St Cloud, MN
    Check Youtube. Ive had one in the past, I was impressed enough to buy Kgo Kits for both my parents. If that tells ya anything.

3. the.quiet.rider

Feb 27, 2012
    Sheffield Lake
    I checked youtube and only found one review, and he spent most of it talking about dual coil carto's. It was a good review, I just like hearing more than 1 persons opinion.

Of course, I'll have my own opinion either tomorrow or the day after when I get mine lol

4. jnnfrlsw

jnnfrlsw Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2009
    East Central Ind
    I have a couple Kgos that I still use on occasion. They are really good to start out with. They deliver a good punch and stays pretty constitant throughout the battery rundown, You will enjoy it.

5. dearme

dearme Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 2, 2011
    Colorado
    Kgo is a very sturdy PV which will give you good vapor and good hits and has a battery life of about 11 hours of moderate vaping. I have not heard anyone say they had problems with it. It is one of the few mods made in China. Most mods are made in the US.

6. the.quiet.rider

Feb 27, 2012
    Sheffield Lake
    What would be the next "step up"? I'm only asking because I know me, and it will only be a matter of time before I want to tirade again. Heck, it's not even here yet and i'm already curious about which pv's are better lol

7. dearme

Dec 2, 2011
    Colorado
    Up from the Kgo? Most people's next step is a mod made in the US (there are lots), or a bottom feeder (great for convenience), or a VV mod of some sort (there are lots of these to choose from also)

8. the.quiet.rider

Feb 27, 2012
    Sheffield Lake
    Yeah I think my next one would be a VV... I'm just worried that I don't know enough about them or the proper addy/v/ohm/mah combinations (and I'm sure that alone showed how rookie I am)

9. kidbeaster

kidbeaster Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2012
    New Auburn, WI
    I couldn't be happier with my KGO. I bought my Wife a kit as well.

You sound a lot like me, always looking for the next big thing. Since the KGO I bought the vmod XL. And just ordered the Provari a couple of days ago. I'll be getting a Darwin here in a few weeks when they get some more in. Hell... I should just become a vender. Theres no where to go after that.lol

10. dearme

Dec 2, 2011
    Colorado
    I use Boge single coil SR 3.0 cartos on the Provari with a carto tank. I don't like double coils so can't help you there. I use Boge single coil LR 2.0 cartos on the Reos which are 3.7 bottom feeders. These are the only two cartos I use, so someone else will be by to give the skinny on the more exotic cartos.......LOL

11. the.quiet.rider

Feb 27, 2012
    Sheffield Lake
    Thanks. I'm still crazy impressed by how helpful everyone is on here!!

12. dearme

Dec 2, 2011
    Colorado
  13. Chewyorphan

Chewyorphan Full Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Suwanee, Ga
    Only after buying my ego-c is when I found the kgo...

Knowing what I know now, I would have jumped on the kgo kit. Its like half the price (almost). Then factor in 1100mah vs 650 mah... Im using cartos now anyway so only the battery really matters between the kits, to my style of vaping anyway.

I got my girlfriend, and two friends hooked on vaping (vs smoking). I showed them a few things, along with the kgo kit. After my GF bought a kgo kit, I started recommending them to others interested as well. Especially for the startup cost! Mall brand what?! lol

Im a little jealous honestly thier kgos vs my ego... I wanted one, but I jumped on the VV wagon and im waiting for it to arrive lol.

A full charged battery on a kgo hits a little harder than an ego battery due to the way they work. The ego battery seems a tad more consistent though due to the circuitry.

All in all though you shouldnt be disappointed. Im sure I will have one myself as a backup, to my backup. Or maybe ill make my ego batteries the last in the backup line... lol.

14. ShogaNinja

ShogaNinja Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2012
    Ohio
    Well I feel obligated to help you since it was by my recommendation that you ordered the KGO. hoosierecigsupply.com 1100mAh eGo battery whips AW 18650 IMR - YouTube

Here is the KGO battery vs an 18650 which is often used it the more expensive PVs and mods. Hint: it kicks the 18650s ... by .5v.

Rest easy, friend. You'll get that KGO in about 2-3 days. Like I said earlier mine came just about fully charged and I was able to bust them out and get them going. I've gone all day without smoking and feeling great about that!

15. CrystalClaire

CrystalClaire Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 25, 2011
    NYC
    I started with a kGo and got bored with it after a month. It's a decent pv and I credit that and my epower for getting me off analogs. I just kept reading about how much better the vaping experience is with a higher-end pv. Best purchase I've made is the Provari

16. ShogaNinja

Feb 18, 2012
    Ohio
    You can get a KGO battery for 16 bucks from DarkCityVapor.com all you need is one lol. That's the cheapest price I've seen for it anyway. I know other sites charge $20 for an 1100mah EGO battery and yes the KGO outperforms that battery by .3v with a single coil carto. Even with a dual coil on there it's still 3.8v which is better than the 3.7v everyone claims the EGO has. I am not sure what the load is on a EGO battery though with a dual coil. It could be as low as 3.4v.

17. Chewyorphan

Chewyorphan Full Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Suwanee, Ga
    My egos, no load, test out at 3.48v-3.50v. (ego-c 650mah 5click) Girlfriends 1100mah kgo is 4.15 or so fully charged.

I believe the egos are pulse width modulation or whatever vs. straight dc. (Pretty sure the kgo is different in that aspect)

They (ego) seem to offer no warning in the vaping experience and just blink at you when done/dead and need recharging.

18. ShogaNinja

Feb 18, 2012
    Ohio
    Do you mind if I ask you what your main voltage is that you use? Your go-to setting?

Provaris are expensive as heck and that's not an option for all of us.

For those who want to go high voltage on a budget it's easy to make a 5v USB passthrough for a few bucks. They sell them for 20 bucks or more on the various vendors. Here's how: VapeTalk - How to Make a 5V Passthrough for $4 - YouTube

There is also another cheaper way than the provari to get yourself into VV. Madvapes.com sells DIY MOD kits that have all the parts and the instructions to put them together. I know that there is a Rubicon VV out there too which may be a little more affordable. Of course none of those are going to look as good as the Provari but if you want to save some money it's an option. Whatever you do though make sure you get protected batteries because the non-protected ones can leak or explode. There is one guy I know who got acid on his leg and it messed him up pretty bad.

19. CrystalClaire

CrystalClaire Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 25, 2011
    NYC
    I don't have a go to setting yet because I'm still a fairly new Provari user so I'm still trying different settings, cartos and juices.

And yeah, I understand the budget issue too but since the OP asked about stepping up, I thought I'd chime in:) I bought two kGos and two epowers before I bought the Provari so I regret not buying it from the get go.

20. kidbeaster

kidbeaster Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2012
    New Auburn, WI
    I just put an order in for another KGO kit. I checked out Dark city vapor and there KGO kits are $44 and you can get cartomizers in place of the cartridges.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.