Status
Not open for further replies.

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I just put an order in for another KGO kit. I checked out Dark city vapor and there KGO kits are $44 and you can get cartomizers in place of the cartridges.

I know you aren't new to the KGO but let me be clear for those who are.

Actually it's not 100% clear on the site. It does not come with cartridges at all. It's not even an option. Hoosierecigsupply comes with 2 atomizers and 5 pre-filled cartridges as well as their store brand across the bottom of your batteries in red ink. So why pay for something that is never going to be used? The DarkCityVapor KGO Starter Kit comes with 5 SLB - Standard Resistance XL Cartomizers (holds more juice). For 4 dollars you can add a 5 pack of your choice of BOGE or Smoktech cartos and NO STORE BRAND on it (yay!). I recommend BOGE because they are better for noobs and require less mothering. Smoktechs, if left to go dry even for a second, are known to burn through the polyfill and there's no coming back from that. BOGEs tend to last longer. I have heard of BOGES lasting 6 months with proper cleaning maintenance. Once you get your kit you may have some questions and Bill is seemingly always there to answer them. I had some questions at 4 in the morning and there he was. I have never seen a dude more dedicated to his business. By the way, it doesn't say it but the KGO starter kit comes with 2 big bore cones which are nice because the small bores didn't fit over cartomizers which led to many people having to ditch the cone and ruin the silhouette of their PV.

I love my KGO and I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to hit the easy button and get a solid PV and DarkCityVapor has the best deal. Tell Bill that Shoga sent you. Use coupon code: ECFDCV for 5% off. All purchases over $65 are free shipping which is just enough to get a few juices, some backup cartos (all 5 packs come with a 5ml of free juice of your choice), and maybe even a 306 LR atomizer and 306 drip tip! I just talked to him today and in a few days he will be offering his KGOs with a silver band on the battery (and the bottom cap) instead of the standard gold. So if you want silver just wait a few days and ask him before you order on the instant chat box. It took me 2 shipping days to get my KGO kit. Bill at DCV ships every day by 2pm. If anyone wants to know more about my experience with DCV click on my blog and check it out.

TigerLadyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
Garland, TX
I have the KGO and use it with dual coil cartomizers and I really like the vapor production of it tremendously. It produces a ton more vapor than my M401 set-ups, (I do still regularly them use and like them a lot). And one charged KGO battery and filled cartomizer will generally last me for at least 3 days when used about 50% of my vaping time. My passthru and the M401s are generally used the other part of that time.

~Tiger

TigerLadyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
Garland, TX
Which pass through do u use? I'm thinking about possibly getting one also

I am using an M401 pass-through. Specifically, this one: M401/2/3 USB Passthrough
I also picked up several wood grain automatic M401 batteries and black atomizers from them, at what I felt was a very fair price.

~Tiger

Andante51

Nov 20, 2011
Michigan
Very appreciative of the detailed info in a post a few before this on the advantages of getting a KGO kit from DarkCityVapor. I was happy it addressed the issue of branding on the batteries. I got a KGO battery from Hoosiers that I very much enjoy the performance of (compared to my prior Ego batts) but was quite dismayed to see all the red writing on the battery case. In fact thats why I dived on the board tonight, just to try to find out if someone sold them without any branding.

In case this helps anyone, I've had very good luck with the EMDCC cartomizers (for newbs - Ego Mega Dual Coil Cartomizers) on the KGO batteries. It looks nice with the cartos being the same diameter as the battery. And they hold SO much liquid. I just can't deal with the tiny amount of liquid regular sized cartos hold and the constant topping thing. But I would recommend using some Ego drip tips with them, which are hard plastic. I hate the soft rubber mouthpieces the EMDCC's are packaged with. The soft rubber gets HOT in your mouth, and it feels like I am chomping burning tires. The EMDCC's also work great on my SmokTek VariCool box mod with an Ego to 510 adapter.

Addendum: I wrote this note, went straight to Dark City Vapor and ordered two KGO kits; am going to use our Ego battery collection as loaners to a number of smokers who have expressed an interest in vaping, so they can give it a test drive!

Last edited:

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Hey it's not recommended that you use a dual coil on a KGO battery. I'm not an expert but I talked to Bill about it on Dark City Vapors when I bought mine and combined with what he said and what I've read here on ECF this is what happens. It kills the battery by converting its acid or whatever it is into basically rock. Over time more and more of the battery will solidify and then it won't hold nearly as much charge. There is even a very small chance that it will overheat and vent or explode when charging if you do that. It has something to do with the load being too much for a KGO battery. At very least I can guarantee you it will drastically shorten the life of the battery, not just in how long its charge lasts but in how long the battery will continue to charge and work for you. That's the rumor on the streets. I know a lot of people do it anyway, but a lot of people have dead batteries too.

wseyller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
Hendersonville NC
First time posting here. I ordered two KGO kits from Bill at DCV last night. He was very quick in his emails to answer my questions. I opened my email this morning and already have my tracking number. Only bad thing for me is I live less than an hour away from DCV and have to pay NC sales tax. But the ECFDCV code helped save a few bucks. But it is nice that if I need product right away I can order from DCV to get it super quick.

kidbeaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
New Auburn, WI
First time posting here. I ordered two KGO kits from Bill at DCV last night. He was very quick in his emails to answer my questions. I opened my email this morning and already have my tracking number. Only bad thing for me is I live less than an hour away from DCV and have to pay NC sales tax. But the ECFDCV code helped save a few bucks. But it is nice that if I need product right away I can order from DCV to get it super quick.

Congrats wseyller!! I wish I started that way.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Whatever you choose for your next step it will probably be something that uses generic batteries. That's why I tend to recommend the e-power over something like the KGO. That said, the KGO is reputed to be a good device and I'm sure you'll be satisfied with it.

Since you're already thinking about the next step, I sense the mod bug starting to bite. Get used using the KGO. Try a few different cartomizers, atomizers, learn to drip, find the best juice, etc. After you've done all that, you'll have a lot better idea what you want to improve and you'll be better prepared to know what you want in a mod. The good ones can be pretty expensive. There's no need to get something that less than what you want at those prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread