Kgo more throat hit than eGo? What else is affordable and higher volts than eGo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

No More Analog

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
USA
I use eGo batteries with 1.5 ohm dual coils cartos and seems to be that nothing gives me throat hit at all anymore, except for my first puff in the morning. Could the batteries be getting old?
I heard somewhere the kgo puts out more volts. Is that true? So, more volts with the low resistance cartos would be good for throat hit and vapor, right?
I'm afraid of mods. They seem expensive and too much fuss.
I'm using 80/20 pg/VG and 24mg nicotine. I should be feeling something.
Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

BoiseMike

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Boise, ID USA
I don't know about the Kgo. It may be regulated down to 3.4 or 3.7 volts. I'm prett sure that the Ego is. But a decent mod would let all the voltage of a fresh battery through. The 3.7V batteries usually start at about 4.2V. I usually put them back on the charger long before they drop to 3.7V. Perhaps an inexpensive VV so you can set it where you like it? I know Madvapes carries some and there are some builders here on the forums making custom boxes that may not be too expensive. Or even the basic boxmod that takes a 14500 or 18650 would probably give you more punch. I'm saving my pennies for a VV mod.

The Big Chief

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Anderson, IN
If your into LR and all that, its common to have issues with throat hit. Its generally becuase you liquid usage goes up, and you simply get "used" to the harder hit more often. Thats why it hits hard in the morning, but quickly dissipates. Its just one of those things you gain a tolerance for, just as you did cigs. The nic level will also play a role.
I can use 24mg on standard 2.4 ohms, or 18 mg on 1.5 ohms and get the same hit. BUT- flavor and hit stays more consistant on the 2.4 (standard atty) and 24mg, I have to assume due to using less liquid, and not flooding my throat with flavor as much. Your body will gain a tollerance quickly if you press the issue. At least these are my experience.
Im pretty sure kgo and vgo both run at higher volts longer also ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread