KGO or RIVA - which one to get

Status
Not open for further replies.

zara1269

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2010
Ohio
Need the help of you fine ECF'ers once again. I am needing something with a tad more "umph" than my eGo and have decided I don't want to go the "mod" route so I have decided between buying a KGO or a Riva kit. Both sound very similar and I wanted to know if there were any advantages of one over the other. Right now I am leaning KGO b/c this site has them for a decent price and they have juice I have been wanting to try. So I figured...one stop shop. I am also having problems finding RIVA's so that is another factor making me lean toward KGO (if you know of a place that has them in stock please include link).

One more thing...I recently bought a low res dual coil carto tank and want to use it (using it on a 510 box mod but the batteries peter out too quickly for my taste)...can I use one of these on either of these models? I have learned that these (I think it's 1.7 ohm) have slaughtered eGo batteries so don't want to do that. I really like the DCC tank idea.

So any opinions on either one...KGO or Riva are welcome! TIA!!!! :vapor:

zara1269

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2010
Ohio
Looks like KGO it is! It's going to be a long month before my credit card balance rolls over but I think I can do it.

Score! Thanks guys!

Can I use my dual coil tank (1.7 ohms on it)...that's the main reason for me getting it. And can I also use Boge 2.0 cartos or should I go higher/lower and just use the ones I have on my eGos. Thanks again!

mikeyk101

Dec 9, 2011
Chicago, IL
I have both and they both perform about the same. They both definitely hit better than an ego except for the VV 900mah version which I also have. IMHO, I think that the Kgo seems to be a little better constructed. I would occasionally have issues with the Rivas. The center post for the battery sometimes has to be pulled up on one of my batteries or it won't charge. I have not had that at all with the Kgos. Also the cones for the Kgos are slightly wider and will allow the use of the clear Smoktech dual coil cartos. Overall, I am happy using both but if I had to make a choice, I would go with the Kgo.

edit... Ooops, i see you made your choice already. But as far as cartos, I have used Boge 2 and 3 ohms along with Smoktech 1.5 ohm dual coils on my Kgos with no problems. So the 1.7 should not be an issue.

Last edited:

Chopper71

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
Broadway,Virginia
I have both and they both perform just great.If you want longer lasting battery then KGO.Ive had my Riva since about June of last year and it still works just like it was new.If anyone else has the I don't know which one to get.Then just get one battery of each and test for yourself.You can't go wrong with either of them.

zara1269

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2010
Ohio
Well I finally bought my KGO today! I ended up buying it from Hoosier E-Cig Supply as I have heard good things about them and they are in the next state over. I ordered some 1.7 DC tank cartos and some 1.7 Single Coil Cartos...I read above that I can use the 1.7 DC cartos but if anyone can reassure me that I can use the single Coil 1.7 cartos that would be great (or tell me not to use them if this is the case). All this OHM dual coil vs single coil stuff CORN-fuses me. :)

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I'm not a dual coil fan. Just because something will work on a device doesn't mean it should be used on that device. There is little said about the safety of dual coils, unfortunately. I stay away from them, period. It's hard, I know as "everyone" loves them.

The single coils are the way to go ---

And, resistance of the carto or atty (ALL suppliers) is often not what stated. Also, it changes through the life of the equipment. Sometimes up and sometimes down.

Last edited:

wyetterp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Murrells Inlet, SC
I wouldn't get to wrapped up with the dual coil ideas. I recommended a friend into a 1100mah kgo & some 2ogm boge singles. I put a 1.5duel & a 1.7duel on his just to see & they really felt anemic. Nothing to brag about. However hitting his with the 2ohm boges is very satisfying. Your going to get a little higher wattage with the 2ohm vs lower.

The vtf was pretty impressive with the kgo. Even on my provari duels just don't produce as well as single coils & I've tried a lot of different kinds.

If you get the kgo, do your self a favor & pick up at least a pack of 2ohm boges to try & see what you like better.

zara1269

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2010
Ohio
Oh I use Boge 2.0's with my eGo's...I bought the KGO because I bought one of those 3.5ml tanks and liked that idea and wanted to use something with the tanks and I like the Dual Coils so that's why I decided to go with KGO's instead of getting another eGo backup. I ended up buying like 6 1.7 Dual Coils and 2 1.7 Single Coils and two packs of Boge 2.0's with my order. I guess I have some experimenting to do. I just wanted to know if I was going to fry my battery with the 1.7 Cartos because I know they are too low for the egos.

I had thought about an E-power but for some reason I don't like those type of batteries. I have a 3.7 box mod that I use 14500 Trust Fire and 14500 Ultra fires on and I can get about an hour out of those batteries so that's what held me back on those.

Ramathorn937

Jan 29, 2012
Ohio, USA
I've been with my KGO for over a month now, and absolutely LOVE it... i just bought an EGO-C Passthru, and a Silver Bullet this weekend, the silver bullet is on its way to my house as we speak, and my passthru is working great!

i would definitely recommend the KGO, once my SB arrives ill be loaning my KGO out to people at work to help them get into Vaping, i figure it's a good way to 'pay it forward' as they say.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
I had thought about an E-power but for some reason I don't like those type of batteries. I have a 3.7 box mod that I use 14500 Trust Fire and 14500 Ultra fires on and I can get about an hour out of those batteries so that's what held me back on those.

The Ego E-power 3.7V at Liberty Flights uses 18650 batteries. They don't mention the MAH specs but, I've never seen an 18650 with less than 2200 MAH and there are some new ones that are 3100 MAH. That's more than any 14500, Kgo or Ego.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread