Kick clone aka Sigelei K show and tell

Status
Not open for further replies.

double_aa_ron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Austin, Texas
I just got two sigelei K's (aka the Kick clone) in today. They work as advertised kind of. The outer diameter seems to be a tad bit larger than the real Kick. Because of that it doesn't fit in half of my unregulated mods. It also uses a spring loaded pin much like the Crown to make the negative connection. I don't have any metering devices so I am not able to measure the output or test the frequency of the output, but I would swear it does the same rattle snake think that all of the China VV/VW devices are doing.

PV's It Worked With

Sigelei #8
SmokTech Nature
SmokTech Bolt
The Curve by Nhaler
KTS/China GG

PV's It Did Not Work With

The Bam V1
The Bam V2
Bombshell Stinger

If you plan to get this make sure the battery has a little play in tube or it might not fit. Would I get it again? Probably not, but that's only because my Kick lives in the Bam and the Bombshell Stinger. If I can't use it in those devices then I don't see the point. If you want to kick you Sigelei mechs or your Natural then I think it's a good substitute.

In the pictures the Kick by Evolv is on the left and the Sigelei K is on the right.

Last edited:

duckie_44

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2011
DFW-TX
Thank you for posting this.....double_aa_ron.....I have been in the market for kick for a while....but couldn't pull the trigger when all this came up about the clone....

Thank you....for the really good comparison pictures...(A lot of difference in the build quality of the two?)....I guess that was to be expected.....

I see that the price at WS has doubled to 30 bucks...Any thoughts on that?

I know you haven't had time to really give it a work-out yet....But please post back when you can...I am very much interested in what you think about this device......

Thanks again.....

duckie.......

double_aa_ron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Austin, Texas
Thanks for the pics and the size comparison. Have you noticed if it last as long as the Kick before the battery cuts out?

Haven't had it long enough to know. I'll take my Sigelei #8 out tonight with an 18490 in it and let you know what kind of battery life I get out of it.

double_aa_ron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Austin, Texas
crxess:9751110 said:
Thanks!
Guess I'll be one of the first to try modding this. I have 2 coming and they were specifically purchased for my CCTS(KTS):facepalm:

There is a chance that it's just mine. Chinese qc isn't the best you know. You never know, It might fit. It's probably less than a millimeter too big. I do have another one that is still unopened. I'll see if that one works tomorrow.

michliu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Seattle, WA
Thanks!
Guess I'll be one of the first to try modding this. I have 2 coming and they were specifically purchased for my CCTS(KTS):facepalm:

I just received mine and am using it on the China GG. It works with the 18650 extended ring with an 18350 battery. It seems to work just fine. I haven't put it through all it's paces yet, but I have a 1.2 ohm coil on it right now and regulates the wattage all the way down to the last few vapes. I've never owned a kick, so I can't compare to the original.

double_aa_ron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Austin, Texas
Thank you....for the really good comparison pictures...(A lot of difference in the build quality of the two?)....I guess that was to be expected.....

I see that the price at WS has doubled to 30 bucks...Any thoughts on that?

It seems to be held together by a few solder points. I think it would probably have benefited from a plastic wrap like the real Kick has. It could see this thing breaking in half if you switch mods a lot or pull it out of you mod a lot. If you place it in your mod and leave it alone I would think that it would last you a long time. As long as it fits your mod I think it's a viable alternative. I reserve me right to change my mind on this though. I haven't even gotten through a full battery charge with it yet.

I just received mine and am using it on the China GG. It works with the 18650 extended ring with an 18350 battery. It seems to work just fine. I haven't put it through all it's paces yet, but I have a 1.2 ohm coil on it right now and regulates the wattage all the way down to the last few vapes. I've never owned a kick, so I can't compare to the original.

I tried it in the KTS again and it does in fact work. It's just a really tight fit. I updated the original post to reflect this. I tried it in the Bam and the Bombshell Stinger again as well and they still don't work. I can get the bottom in, but the top is just a hair too big.

NamVet68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Orlando, Florida
home.roadrunner.com
I tried it in the KTS again and it does in fact work. It's just a really tight fit. I updated the original post to reflect this. I tried it in the Bam and the Bombshell Stinger again as well and they still don't work. I can get the bottom in, but the top is just a hair too big.

Thanks for the mini-review, I've got two coming from a Co-op & looking forward to doing a side-by-side comparison (I have two Kicks currently, one in a Bombshell like you, and another that I switch around between various mechanicals).

You mentioned that it's just a millimeter or so too big for some mods.. sounds like that could be corrected in a few seconds with a Dremel tool or a flat ....... file.... and clear heat-shrink is easily available, so it sounds like it could be a winner. For less than $15 each (delivered) from the Co-op, it was worth a chance...

double_aa_ron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Austin, Texas
Just got through a night with an AW IMR 18490. The battery life seems to be quite good. I got through almost an entire 13 hour shift with moderate vaping on one battery. That's almost as good as my Provari using the same battery. Be careful though. It doesn't seem to have over discharge protection like the real kick does. With the real kick you get a stutter vape (on off on off) when your battery drops below 3.2 volts under load. Then it will stop working. If you meter your battery is should be in the 3.4 and 3.6 volts range. With the clone it just stopped working. I tested my remaining charge in my Porvari and it was at 3.0 volts. Not good! You can tell when the battery is getting low though. You start to loose power when the remaining charge of your battery gets low. So when your vape starts to feel under powered you probably need a new battery.

double_aa_ron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Austin, Texas
Did they bother to index the adjuster so you have an Idea of where your setting Watts?

The adjuster is almost exactly the same as the real kick. It just doesn't have the number printed on the circuit board. It's easy to set it to the desired wattage.

78232008.png

308hjute

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2012
Sydney Australia
Cheers for the write up man. Mine is waiting for me in the mailroom at work, public holiday today here in Aus, so have to wait another day for it. Happy to hear that it fits the Segelei #8.

I like the idea above of some clear heatshrink for it as well, does it look like there is enough clearance in the #8 to do this

double_aa_ron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Austin, Texas
Cheers for the write up man. Mine is waiting for me in the mailroom at work, public holiday today here in Aus, so have to wait another day for it. Happy to hear that it fits the Segelei #8.

I like the idea above of some clear heatshrink for it as well, does it look like there is enough clearance in the #8 to do this

There is plenty of room in the #8 to do that.

NamVet68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Orlando, Florida
home.roadrunner.com
thanks for the review and pics.. ive never owned or used a kick before, but have one on its way.. how do u use it? just adjust and guess?

Pretty easy to set them up. You need to step down to one size smaller battery (18650 tube - 18500/490 batt, 18500 tube- 18350), then just slide it in with the potentiometer facing up (blue square thingy). You might need to adjust a few things to get everything to fit properly if you have a fixed-tube MOD, but if you put it in a telescoping MOD ..no worries...just snug it up.

You adjust the amount of wattage you prefer to vape at by either trial & error by turning the + dial on the Potentiometer, or if you already have a VW (adjustable wattage) device (Vamo, Provari, etc), you already know where you like to set your wattage. On the Kick, the wattage marks are placed on the circuit board around the potentiometer..from the picture, it looks like on this clone the wattage "map" is printed on the board with a little line pointing to the pot. Just use a small screwdriver to turn the pot to the corresponding mark (the "+" dial on the pot will have an index mark on it) and you're done. The marks are only "ballpark" accurate, but on my Kicks, the marks are within .5 watts + or - .

The nice thing about a VW device (or Kick /CHIck) is its a "set & forget" setup. the electronics will adjust auto-magically to maintain the same wattage no matter what the Ω rating of your atty is. You can swap between clearos/cartos/tanks/ RBAs without having to make any tweaks at all. Easy-Peasy.

Last edited:

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Just got through a night with an AW IMR 18490. The battery life seems to be quite good. I got through almost an entire 13 hour shift with moderate vaping on one battery. That's almost as good as my Provari using the same battery. Be careful though. It doesn't seem to have over discharge protection like the real kick does. With the real kick you get a stutter vape (on off on off) when your battery drops below 3.2 volts under load. Then it will stop working. If you meter your battery is should be in the 3.4 and 3.6 volts range. With the clone it just stopped working. I tested my remaining charge in my Porvari and it was at 3.0 volts. Not good! You can tell when the battery is getting low though. You start to loose power when the remaining charge of your battery gets low. So when your vape starts to feel under powered you probably need a new battery.

thank you for posting this. i have been waiting for the stutter vape to let me know my batt was dying. i have been using this mod on and off for a few days, so i was expecting it soon.
i just went ahead and checked my batt voltage on the provari...3.6v, not bad! this thing might be getting even better batt life then the real kick. its hard for me to tell without independantly vaping both solo. i mix it up so often. its at least as good on batt life as the kick, i'll say that.
ive got my kick clone in my CHaravela- fits perfectly. the real kick was a tight fit by 1mm or so length-wise, but the kick clone fits perfectly. which is nice, as this is the mod i bought the clone for. for gits and shiggles, i tried the clone in my ChiChi and it doesnt fit. the diameter is just a tad too big.

Did they bother to index the adjuster so you have an Idea of where your setting Watts?

yep, theres an index map on the deck of the device.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread