Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
smiley004.gif
Link please!
Santa-smiley.gif

ROTSEN911

Jan 26, 2011
Manila, Philippines
You'd have to use a smaller battery to compensate for the Kick, wouldn't you?
You are correct sir. Basilray happened to show me the prototype when he visited manila last november. The circumference of the kick is almost the size of 18650 and the height of it is like 3/4 of an inch and it's naked. Yes naked.. i mean I saw the small circuitboard and wires and sholders neatly pack in that small module. I think evolv will find a way to house it. Oh by the way the negative nipple is located on the side portion of the module and the positive end is on top of it.

Last edited:

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
In the interview Brendan said maybe, Maybe 10.5 but not 11, 12. Time will tell.

That kinda sucks, but I guess it's for safety purposes? I want to get a Grand because I like higher voltages. I think the last time I tried 6V and above I had a Chuck and it was such a long time ago, it tasted like crap. I'm sure there are better attys out there now. Any atty suggestions for 6V? I've been looking at Ikenvape ones but I don't like 306s and I'm scared I won't like it and then having to buy another drip tip to go along with it, too.

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
Yes, he said its was limited to 10 v becasue of safety concerns becasue of they mumber of devises it could be used in, so many different people and so many battery types. They are erring on the safe side.

Concerning 6V I am not sure what you are saying or asking. Do you want a Grand to run at higher voltages without the Kick or with the Kick? Why do you want to run 6V if you didn't like it your first time? Do you like what you are using now? Wattage and voltage dont necessarily equate. A 3.7 battery coming off the charger at 4.2v with a 1.5 ohm atty puts out roughly 9.6 watts underload. Sweeter juices,as a rule, vape better at lower wattages.

How about the VV Reo that will be coming out.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
That kinda sucks, but I guess it's for safety purposes? I want to get a Grand because I like higher voltages. I think the last time I tried 6V and above I had a Chuck and it was such a long time ago, it tasted like crap. I'm sure there are better attys out there now. Any atty suggestions for 6V? I've been looking at Ikenvape ones but I don't like 306s and I'm scared I won't like it and then having to buy another drip tip to go along with it, too.

I find the IKV 3.5Ω 510 a perfect match for 6v on my Grand and Woodvil.
Mine are quite old so I'm not sure if he still offers them though.

I think the 3Ω HH-357 might be nice too but they are out of stock so I haven't had a chance to pick on up yet.

I've tried 4 ohm and higher and it just doesn't do it for me. 3.0 to 3.5 ohms is my sweet spot for 6v.
3.0Ω Boge cartomizer are great with certain juices too.

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
Yes, he said its was limited to 10 v becasue of safety concerns becasue of they mumber of devises it could be used in, so many different people and so many battery types. They are erring on the safe side.

Concerning 6V I am not sure what you are saying or asking. Do you want a Grand to run at higher voltages without the Kick or with the Kick? Why do you want to run 6V if you didn't like it your first time? Do you like what you are using now? Wattage and voltage dont necessarily equate. A 3.7 battery coming off the charger at 4.2v with a 1.5 ohm atty puts out roughly 9.6 watts underload. Sweeter juices,as a rule, vape better at lower wattages.

Well, I am still considering getting the kick if I don't like 6V, but back when I tried 6V in 2009, the atty technology wasn't at the level that it is now, so I would like to try it again with some of the newer attys that are out there. I have a Vaprlife Joker VV now and I like it. I use a standard atty at about 5.2V, which is just much smoother to me than LR attys. I get an immediate hit, whereas on an LR, I have to drag for a couple seconds before it kicks in, it's just not the same.

I might get a VV Reo one day, but I really like the modern look of a Reo, just not into the wood mods right now.

I find the IKV 3.5Ω 510 a perfect match for 6v on my Grand and Woodvil.
Mine are quite old so I'm not sure if he still offers them though.

I think the 3Ω HH-357 might be nice too but they are out of stock so I haven't had a chance to pick on up yet.

I've tried 4 ohm and higher and it just doesn't do it for me. 3.0 to 3.5 ohms is my sweet spot for 6v.
3.0Ω Boge cartomizer are great with certain juices too.

Thanks! Does Joye make HV attys or are they made by Bauway or SLB? Where's the best place to pick up HV attys & Boge cartos?

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
Fortunately, VV Grands and Minis are in the plan.

But I want one NOW, dammit! :) ETA?

No, I just loved the convenience of a Reo and want to have something where I am not dripping or handling juice around my new baby. And I'm too freaked out that a tank would break or spill/leak out around her.

hubseven

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
New York

I want to try the Kick on my Grand to see if I like or even need to vape at higher voltages and I figure a $45 investment would be a cheap way to find out, if I liked it I would then wait and buy the VV Grand when it comes out. Nothing like putting your little toe in the water before you jump in. I currently use 2.0 Boges and 1.7 Ressurectors and am happy but always willing to try something possibly new and better. Thanks.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD

SammyT

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Auburn, Alabama, USA
www.freighttrainmods.com
Wow, this really could be a game changer. I would like to try it, and at 40 bucks it seems a meager price to pay for Darwin style power reg in my reo. Of course the additional cost of 18490s is a little more. So fippes, you say you bought all 4000 kicks? Are you a supplier?

-Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread