Kicked Reo Grand & 18490?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeeter T

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga CA
If the Kick is a drop in device in a tube mod, then it may act intermittently and not always make contact with the tube wall. However, I would think Evolve would have thought of that, such as using the spring pressure from the battery to wedge the Kick to the tube wall. If that were the case, then a short aluminum or steel thin walled tube could be tapped and screwed to the Reo's anodized housing to act as ground for the kick. Like the screw that holds the spring which grounds it to the housing. That brings up another unknown, will the Kick work with the Grand's firing pin or did Evolve engineer it not to? Without a Kick in hand there is only speculation.

Skeeter T

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga CA
You hit it right on the head "scratching off some anodize". Type II anodize, which I believe Rob uses, is .0003 to .0005 inch thick. The human hair is about .002 thick. So anodize is about 1/5th as thick as a human hair. Although anodize is a tough coating, don't go overboard removing it. A Dremel with a steel or stone tool on it turning at 5,000-10,000 RPM is overkill and may easily put a hole thru the aluminum wall with inexperienced hands. Use a fine sanding disk and thread lightly.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
I was excited to buy The Kick for use in my Grand and Woodvil, but have decided to not worry about that right now.

I'm betting when Evolv starts selling the modder's boards, Rob will come up with something too dadburned clever to pass by.

Besides, both the Grand and Woodvil work just fine with AW IMR 18650 batteries.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Wow looks like they might even work in the to be released Metal 18490 with a 18350 battery from what i read:)

I was thinking the same thing. Nothing like a VW mod with juice on board in a tiny package.

I'm just wondering if the kick could be placed on the bottom of the battery (don't see why not)
The bottom of the battery is much more stable with the juice bottle holding it more firm and the firing pin not pushing the battery around as much. Would make for a better neg contact IMO

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
I was thinking the same thing. Nothing like a VW mod with juice on board in a tiny package.

I'm just wondering if the kick could be placed on the bottom of the battery (don't see why not)
The bottom of the battery is much more stable with the juice bottle holding it more firm and the firing pin not pushing the battery around as much. Would make for a better neg contact IMO

I believe I read somewhere that The Kick on the bottom of the battery is a no-no. It senses the resistance of the atty/carto in use and adjusts the wattage accordingly. I don't think it could do that through the battery. Also, The Kick draws current from the battery. I don't think it could push current through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread