Kicking Cable to the Curb

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I think the SS box comes with nothing. Once you hook up u dl everything. But that's UK vs USA. Odd that ecigs are ok in the UK but not kodi. Just the opposite of here.
But it's not really that kodi is better. It just has a VAST amount of shows that really just don't exist in any way shape or form on cable. If they could figger out a way to get local tv channels, then cable and satellite would be instantly dead.
On the other hand, if no one was paying the entertainment industry... that would also be instantly dead.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Ok so I finally read it, was blocked at my work, but what I dont understand is that guy sells a few boxes to pubs and whatnot and gets slapped with a huge fine, but then how do the ones like SS and others do it, like they are actually providing support for and showing people how to use illegal addons?

Btw seems to me they are focusing on the live streaming ones like iptv and sportsdevil type stuff. weird.
Well what he was providing was a way into the actual pay tv channels for soccer, and their other live sports. Not sure how he used it or accomplished that. Sort of like having a back door into the NFL channel or some of the other pay sports channels and be able to get it just like you had that channel.. Thats the way I read it anyway.

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yeah, someone has to pay for cable or there wouldn't be anything to watch
Yabutt when the fees are over $100 a month it seems like quite the lucrative business. (considering thousands of subscribers) Or is that... ludicrous?

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Sort of like when I had cable many moons ago. There was a way to go into the old box and fix it so you could receive the pay channels which at that time there was like 2, but you had to have someone who knew the inner workings of the box. There was no satellite or boxes then but it worked.

Reactions: Iffy

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Yabutt when the fees are over $100 a month it seems like quite the lucrative business. (considering thousands of subscribers) Or is that... ludicrous?
No thats exactly right Gary these companies even though they are making millions of dollars a day it's not enough. Many people have no desire to learn Kodi or to use it they want to turn the tv on and the stuff they want is right there. That's my point with all the money they make it's not enough and never will be. Greed is what the world runs on these days.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Plus these actors and others involved in the industry don't seem to realize or care that there are people who enjoy watching their stuff but can't afford these exorbitant prices and still not being able to watch recent stuff without going to PPV. Even if they shut it down tomorrow I still feel like I have gotten to watch so many things I never would have without it I wouldn't feel cheated. Being able to watch the Hobbit Trilogy anytime I want which isn't available on any channel with out using PPV.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Needless to say I get really worked up about the amounts you pay for good internet connections and they are going to dictate what you can use it for. Just like vaping even though it has been proven to be a good way off of cigarettes and much less harmful they want to make it illegal. They can't see the forest because of the trees.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Well what he was providing was a way into the actual pay tv channels for soccer, and their other live sports. Not sure how he used it or accomplished that. Sort of like having a back door into the NFL channel or some of the other pay sports channels and be able to get it just like you had that channel.. Thats the way I read it anyway.
can't you do that wit sportsdevil? idk I've had it but never used it. I know my cousin does to watch the redskins though.
No thats exactly right Gary these companies even though they are making millions of dollars a day it's not enough. Many people have no desire to learn Kodi or to use it they want to turn the tv on and the stuff they want is right there. That's my point with all the money they make it's not enough and never will be. Greed is what the world runs on these days.
yeah but all that money they make is a big part of the reason our entertainment is so good. HBO, starz, SHO, AMC series for example, they have huge budgets and its like watching a movie or better. when I was growing up and cable was cheap there wasn't anything like that.
rn they're hurting a bit, mostly bc of stuff like sling tv or ps vue which only costs around 20/mo. HBO and the others jumped out in front of it and offered their own streaming svcs which was smart.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
OMG, stripped the v16.1 version of Kodi that came pre-loaded with addons from hell, and loaded v17 with just the addons I actually use. What a world of difference. Went ahead and set it up with PIA and it is still light years faster than the old setup with no VPN.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
can't you do that wit sportsdevil? idk I've had it but never used it. I know my cousin does to watch the redskins though.

yeah but all that money they make is a big part of the reason our entertainment is so good. HBO, starz, SHO, AMC series for example, they have huge budgets and its like watching a movie or better. when I was growing up and cable was cheap there wasn't anything like that.
rn they're hurting a bit, mostly bc of stuff like sling tv or ps vue which only costs around 20/mo. HBO and the others jumped out in front of it and offered their own streaming svcs which was smart.
Yeah but all those pay channels with a few exceptions show the same movies over and over. If you watch them a lot you don't get real variety. HBO is the best the others just show a lot of crap which you've probably already seen.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Well I think Kay might be streaming. I talked to Manny at Elite mods and he sent her Ethernet cords and a couple of Powerline adapters so she could hard wire her box. Then he called her today and helped her get them set up. So I bet shes watching TWD or Elvis right now.

You are exactly correct Pat!!! And he even told me that i am smarter than the average bear cuz I was doing some little things that most didn't take to so quickly. And the Ethernet cables were shipped overnight at NO cost to me! I am just tickled pink with this box and especially the high quality of their service. My goodness, most of the phone calls from them were after hours and on their own time.

I believe i did good, real good. :D

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
You are exactly correct Pat!!! And he even told me that i am smarter than the average bear cuz I was doing some little things that most didn't take to so quickly. And the Ethernet cables were shipped overnight at NO cost to me! I am just tickled pink with this box and especially the high quality of their service. My goodness, most of the phone calls from them were after hours and on their own time.

I believe i did good, real good. :D
Thats great Kay I think Manny kind of likes you cause he took special care of you.

Reactions: oldbroad

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Thats great Kay I think Manny kind of likes you cause he took special care of you.

I used my sweet lil ole helpless
lady routine on him:lol:

No,really, he has a lot of patience and he spent time having me do the various stuff with the remote till he felt I had at least a beginners understanding of it. And I learned, at least in my case, that I need to use patience!at least till I feel more confident.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I used my sweet lil ole helpless
lady routine on him:lol:

No,really, he has a lot of patience and he spent time having me do the various stuff with the remote till he felt I had at least a beginners understanding of it. And I learned, at least in my case, that I need to use patience!at least till I feel more confident.
Not with everybody. I've seen him jump on people for putting a swear word in their conversation and people who get real belligerent with him he'll even ban them after he warns them once.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Did you catch up on TWD? Every season is available. Plus the day after it airs the new ones are on. Using Trakt all I have to do is push new episodes and it brings it up the day after. That's on Exodus which once you got Specto down is an easy step, It's based on the same code so it's really easy to go to it. Has pretty much the same thing as Specto except it shows if it is 1080, HD, SD. Some time give me a call and I'll help you set it up using the video on it on the SS channel on YT. It works great on Exodus cause I don't think Exodus has favorites. In the future some time. Hey how to those Powerline adapters work. I heard they are better then the Extenders like I have one of especially if they are on the same circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread