The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Kids should not vape but flavor ban will not stop them, they'll refill cartridges

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by charly1954, Feb 12, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. charly1954

charly1954 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Logan, Indiana
    Flavor ban on flavored cartridges will do kids more harm than good. If a minor wants to vape, smoke cigs, drink, or other things that are against the law and harmful for them no one can stop them except the parents.

What's going to happen is kids will buy blackmarket refilled cartridges or refill their own. I've never used a Juul but it took me 1 minutes on youtube to find out how to refill a empty Juul cartridge.

Most cartridges can be refilled so banning them is really a joke

This ban will only push kids to worse things, that's sad.

The only reason the Feds/state/local government haVE been after vaping is "LOSS OF TAX REVENUE FROM SMOKERS QUITTING". If vaping was taxes as heavy as smoking the Gov. could care less about vape banning.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    Kids should not vape - No, they should not
    flavor ban will not stop them - No, it will not
    they'll refill cartridges - Yes, they will

Yes, it's all about the money.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. NCC

NCC Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Fla Panhandle, USA
    You would almost think the powers that be would prefer kids smoke cigarettes than vape. Hmmm.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Don29palms

Don29palms Moved On ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    @charly1954 I agree with everything you said in your post. You're preaching to the choir my friend. The worst thing about it is the idiots that pass the laws know it too.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Isn't that why, if you are the FDA, you would want to Cut Off the Flow of Bottled e-Liquids and Nicotine Base?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    I say :censored:'m.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Wow1420

Wow1420 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2013
    Somewhere out there
    How about just enforcing existing age restrictions? It seemed to work fairly well for alchohol.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. UncleJunkle

UncleJunkle Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2010
    Logic is not allowed! How dare you! Off to the Gulag!

• Funny Funny x 5
  9. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    Unc, don't get me started.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Maybe it's like BT considers it their "punishment" to only vape tobacco flavors snice the won't smoke.

It has as much logic as any of the above. And yes, since the dawn of time, at the hour of noon, the strange beast named the adolescent child stirs from his cocoon of blankets and stretches with a loud moan. He then plods downstairs eating snack cakes and drinking chocolate mike, as he plans and plots his next good felony.

Sine the dawn of time but SURE we can stop them getting flavored vapes.

Anna

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    I've said this many times: I'd rather see them vaping than smoking. If it's better for us, it's better for them too, and some of them will do one or the other.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Falconeer

Falconeer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 27, 2015
    Hawick, Scotland.
    I could get cigarettes when I was 13, I could get beer in a bar when I was 15 - that's what kids do. Ban it and they want to do it that's just the way it is.

Do I, as the father of four, believe you can stop this 100% - no I don't.

BTW mine got though the Idiot Stage, more by luck than judgement as did I - one Flight Sergeant in the RAF, two Psychiatric Nurses and one Horse Whisperer ... Oh BTW did I mention my Dad was a Prison Governor and I still had to go through that stage!

Sorry!!!!

• Like Like x 4
  13. tj99959

tj99959 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    A 13 year old doesn't care, if they want to smoke or vape ... they will smoke or vape.

end of story

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I not only agree, I actually put it into practice. My 16 year old came to me said he was smoking and he wanted to vape.

I was like, "Cool if my kid is MATURE enough to confess his sins and ask for aid, who am I to deny him." I purchased his vape, told him to use it WISELY and SAFELY and if I found out otherwise, I would kill him.

Well, no black death happened, so eh. I was like, "I was a smoker for DECADES, I PRIMED him to smoke,, everyone asked him (teachers mainly) if he smoked because I did in the car, I was like, "Who am I to deny this poor kid harm reduction."

He (at 22) no longer smoker OR vapes, and I like to think the early intervention helped smoking REALLY take hold, I am PRETTY SURE it did,.

Vaping is 95% SAFER FOR EVERYONE! It does not magically becomes so at the age of 18 or 21, it's probably safer FROM THE WOMB.

Anna

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.