Kingpin 510 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwrob810

Mar 31, 2010
Topeka, KS
Last week I ordered a standard 510 e cigarette kit from kingpincigs.com for only $40, which is an AWESOME price.
Before I get started on the product itself, I must tell you about my customer service experience with them first. I ordered my e-cig with Express shipping (which cost $20 extra), and it should have come to my mailbox within 1-2 days. After the second day I called the post office and they told me that Kingpin shipped it as priority (which is free on any order over $20). I emailed Kingpin and they promptly sent me an email back apologizing for the mistake and refunded the $20 for the shipping. So they were quick to take care of the problem for which I was pleased.
I recieved my order on the third day. The kit came in a very small box (it was nothig like a box from Totally Wicked) but that didn't matter to me as long as the product worked.
Another random tidbit: I ordered the 510 with a blue light and it came with a red light. Now that was a tad frustrating after the shipping problem, but it was quickly forgotten after I started using the product.
Now about the rest of the product. The kit came with 2 manual batts, 2 atomizers, 5 cartridges, and the charger. After putting everything together (I had the battery charged for 2 hours at first) I took my first drag....nothing. Second drap....not much at all. Well, not much anyway as far as vapor production goes. I was immediately furious. But patience is a virtue I suppose because on the third drag...WOW!! TONS of vapor. The throat kick was perfect. I even got a nicotine high and I had just smoked a regular Marlboro red just minutes before. This e-cig was amazing, and it still is. Produces the amount of vapor an e-cig should produce. Definitely a much better experience compared to Smoking Everywhere, SmokeTip, and E-Cig. Those companies don't know ...., if I can put it bluntly.
A couple notes, though. If you order through kingpincigs.com, I would also buy a bottle of e-liquid. The carts the kit comes with doesn't have much liquid in them whatsoever. After two days of consistent use I already went through all 5 carts. But to give it props I was still getting pretty good vapor even when the carts were empty. I would also buy the carrying case and a car charger for it because the battery typically last me about 2-3 hours with consistent use and you don't want that manual button activating in your pocket (which, by the way, the manual button is much better than the automatic because it gives a better throat kick, better nicotine hit, and saves batt life to an extent).
Also, the manual says to charge the batt for 8 hours, then use for 20 minutes, then charge another hour. I've used it consistently for a week without doing that and no problems. To be safe charge maybe one of the batteries that way but I don't really think its neccessary.
Anyway, that's my review. Any questions feel free to ask. I completely recommend Kingpincigs.com for a great and affordable e-cigarette. I mean, why spend more money on an e-cig that has a flashier site or cooler-looking box? I would easily pay more for this e-cig but I like going cheap so it works. GET IT!

-Joe

I bought my starter kit from Kingpin on July 23, 2010 and I couldn't be happier. All of the hardware (attys, batts, charger) are still working after well over a month of use. All of my orders so far have been flawless, too.

The only issue I've run into is when cleaning the attys with vodka, the silver and gold plating got tarnished from sitting in the vodka overnight. The attys still work just fine, they just don't look as nice, so now I just do a vodka flush with a air blast and drying shortly after.

Last edited:

Wetzel

Mar 27, 2010
Florida
I've ordered twice from Kingpin Cigs and even though i'm only 100 miles from them it took 4 days to get my order both times. Not at all impressed with the shipping or the juice.

Funny thing though, i ordered a bottle of the " KP-Select" which according to them is their most popular flavor, and i use it to bring my 510 atty's back to life. It tastes terrible to me but when one of my atty's stop working i just add a few drops, blow through the atty and it works again. Even a few that i had completely given up on have now came back to life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread