The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Kiosk in the Malls

Discussion in 'South Carolina Vapers Forum' started by rons29445, Sep 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. rons29445

rons29445 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

There might have been one, but I didn't catch it.

Give me some time and something may be coming about too.

2. sl_rat

sl_rat Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 14, 2009
    Western, NY
    don't walk away from the mall guy....RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are inferior and over-priced. choose an ECF vendor and save loot.

3. Luvs5rugrats

Luvs5rugrats Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 15, 2010
    The Lowcountry
    Seriously over-priced. I wouldn't say they're inferior. The unit I bought performs very much the same as my 510, except the mall unit is automatic and the atomizers are rugged. I've gone through about 4 joye atties and 3 other brands but the ones that came with my smoke51 still work as good as the day I brought them home. They work with my 510 and eGo batteries, too.

Ron, yay! I would love a local vendor for parts and juice, even if prices are higher. I don't dislike buying online but I'm old-fashioned (read: impatient) and really like being able to pick up and hold what I'm getting and then take it home with me right then, which is why I ended up with a mall ecig. :) I don't like being the mailman stalker that I have quickly become.

4. ec!gg

ec!gg Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jul 2, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA
    I have seen a couple of those Smoke51 Kiosk in our PA malls and I did not hear to many good things about them.

5. sl_rat

sl_rat Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 14, 2009
    Western, NY
    the more that you ask around here, the more disdain you'll hear.

6. RyMel

RyMel Senior Member ECF Veteran

There is a little head shop in Summerville that sells the No. 7 liquid. overpiced, of course, $30 for 30ml, but the flavor is one of the best I have found, and if they would make the price more reasonable, would probably be my all time Vape. but the shop is there in case of emergency! it is located on Bacons Bidge Rd, in the strip mall where Pizza Hut is across from Bi-Lo.

Hubby received a free Fifty-One in the mail before we purchased our eGo's- Blech. cannot believe they are selling these at these prices and staying in business. I feel sorry for the people who purchase them and don't know better :(

7. Mathew R Taylor

Mathew R Taylor Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    If y'all head up to the Charlotte area - Mad Vapes is an excellent vendor with great prices. The only drawback is that they're only open 9-5 M-F. My new years resolution will be to see if I can get them to open on Saturdays for us working stiffs ;)

8. kno

kno Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Oct 8, 2009
    Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
    Charlotte is quite a distance from Charleston...

9. Zann

Zann Full Member

Nov 16, 2010
    Upstate SC
    I was at the Greenville Mall, for those in the Upstate Area - Smoke Anywhere Kiosk - wow.....the refill drops are $99.99 for 15ml? Might be more than that, but still :)
    Guy working it didn't know all that much - was amazed at the prices we paid, and kept asking about the warranty - guess that's a selling point :)

10. Doctor Vapor

Doctor Vapor Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 9, 2009
    Charleston, SC USA
    I usually get packages from IVape the next day.

11. Doctor Vapor

Doctor Vapor Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 9, 2009
    Charleston, SC USA

12. rons29445
    This message by rons29445 has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Dec 19, 2010, Reason: Supplier posted against the rules..
    Dec 17, 2010
  13. Pokeygizmo

Pokeygizmo Perfectly Imperfect Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 26, 2010
    South Carolina
    Gratz on the new business, hope you do well and wishing you the best!

14. rons29445
    This message by rons29445 has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Dec 19, 2010, Reason: Supplier posted against the rules..
    Dec 18, 2010
  15. Luvs5rugrats

Sep 15, 2010
    The Lowcountry
  16. Luvs5rugrats

Sep 15, 2010
    The Lowcountry
    $30 for $30 ml is slightly overpriced but not by too much so in an emergency, it's certainly doable.

17. RyMel

RyMel Senior Member ECF Veteran

yes, compared to online prices, $30 for 30ML is wallet wrenching....butttt compared to the price of a pack of analogs, you are still coming out ahead ;)
    luckily I have only had to resort to spending that kind of $$ on liquid locally once, the second time i was in an emergency situation, i was able to get the shop owner to sell me 6ML for $5 to get me through until the nice mail lady brought me my fix :)
    i just find it hilarious, that out of all the liquids out there that I have tried, my taste buds have an affection for that flavor of liquid that is so grossly overpriced..gives new meaning to expensive taste haha. too bad my mouth will just have to deal with vaping like a pauper i suppose!

18. Pokeygizmo

Feb 26, 2010
    South Carolina
    $30.00 for 30mls??? Too much.

19. Luvs5rugrats

Sep 15, 2010
    The Lowcountry
    Well, I have paid $20 for 30ml from a few places (Johnson Creek, for one), so at $10 more, it's less than double compared to some online places but it's not so wallet-gutting as compared to places like mall kiosks. lol I've come across a few online shops that charge up to $10 for 10ml. I don't even know if the malls here sell juice in bottles but their box of 5 pre-filled cartridges are $15.

20. Pokeygizmo

Feb 26, 2010
    South Carolina
    Yes, some vendors online are pricier than others. And, having never seen nor purchased from a mall kiosk, I can only re-state what so many others have said here forever -- that they are overpriced.

Agreed that, in an emergency, any port in a storm will do. Even at 30 bucks for 30mls.

But as a new vendor, it will be hard to break into the market, online, with that pricing, IMHO.

A few well-known vendor examples:

Ms. Ts: $21 for 30 plus S/H
    Halo: $19.99 for 30 plus S/H
    FSUSA: $15 for 30 plus S/H
    TastyVapor: $15 for 30 plus S/H
    V4L: $12.50 for 30 plus S/H
    Backwoods Brew: $16.50 for 30 plus S/H
    iVape: $17.55 for 30 plus S/H

And a few "pricier" ones, to boot:

Intellicig EcoPure: 19.35 for 20ml
    ELP Essence Line: 16.99 for 15ml (ouch!)
    Vaperite Organic Line: 22.99 for 30ml (haven't tried this one, yet! but very positive reviews here on ECF)

Many of these vendors have regular discounts and volume discounts as well. A lot of vendors charge more per ml in the smaller bottle, I agree. I guess that's the price you pay if you don't want to get stuck with 30mls of meh juice! Been there, done that! But they also charge less per ml when you buy bigger volume which is good, if you like the juice...

Not knocking anybody, I just think 30 bucks for 30mls is too much (for me). And, I'm lucky of course, I've got my stash built. But I remember when I first started vaping and the fears that came with running low or out! Again, any port in a storm is better than no juice :)

Regardless, I wish him the best in his endeavors and hope his venture his successful!

21. Pokeygizmo

Feb 26, 2010
    South Carolina
    Noticed on the website that the price for 30ml is now 15.95 -- props to ya, Ron!

22. uba egar320

uba egar320 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2009
    WV
    I'd pay xtra money if I were out of juice lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.