Status
Not open for further replies.

franklyspeaking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Arlington, Texas
www.pharceapp.com
I got the Kir Fanis VV/VW Pipe in yesterday... Here are some quick thoughts after about 8ish hours of use:

Fit/Finish: It is nice. Not stunning but nice. A typical finish that you'd find among the myriad of pipes you'd peruse in a pipe shop. The fitment is meticulous the finish is not but it is on par with a nicer pipe. There are no gaps in the fitment of all the bits and pieces. The 510 connection is very nice and not a cheap connector. The top battery cap is nicely fitted and a subtle classy design. The button placement is perfect and has a nice feel. It isn't clicky a bit spongey but not too spongey. The screens for the LED readout are nice and slightly recessed. When you remove the battery the inside of the battery compartment has a very clean appearance through the use of a plastic insert that precisely fits the 18490 battery so there is little play. There is no sign of hot glue or wires or any other signs of assembly. Overall it has a very professional appearance. While the finish of the wood isn't perfect, it is nice and I think it might be helped with some rubbing and polishing. I don't know if the finish varies from pipe to pipe.

Function: The electronics of the Nivel Chip are very nice. Very Provari like, which I think is a good thing. I like the one button menu system and it will take no time at all to become acclimated to the nomenclature and navigation. I haven't metered but I can tell a difference across VV/VW mods I've used in the past that it seems accurate. I've moved the Protank II between the Provari, the KF VV/VW Pipe and a SID and I think the Pipe is on par with the Provari. With the Protank II on the pipe I get a very enjoyable vape and tons of vapor production. This has as much to do with the Protank II as it does with anything else. Here is the link to the Nivel Instructions:
Nivel VV-VW Board User Guide en(1)

There isn't much to lead me to believe that the Nivel chip will be problematic but you never know. So far I'm very happy with the function of the pipe and electronics. Now time will tell if the electronics are as durable as the Provari. Again, I have no early signs to lead me to believe there will be problems in the future.

Ergonomics: It's a nice size. I'm 6'3" tall and have large-ish hands. It isn't the largest pipe I've owned nor the smallest. I'll post some pics later to give a better size perspective. I think the size is about perfect for me and again I love the button placement.

Conclusion: This pipe is a solid winner. Let's face it, there aren't a lot of VV/VW pipes out there. There aren't a whole lot of 18490 (bigger batt pipes) pipes out there. Every pipe out there that isn't cranked out of a chinese factory is hard to get. I did some research and figured I'd drop the coin on this one for various reasons. I have no disappointments in going with this pipe. This pipe is solid, when I shake it the tight tolerances in the build prevent any rattles or wobbles. I don't get the impression I'm holding a pipe shell, I get the impression I'm holding a solid pipe. The electronics are great and quickly get out of the way of the pipe experience.

At $365 it is expensive. But I feel it is very worth it. I'd rather have one of these pipes than two or three 18350 mechanical pipes (not a knock on mechanical pipes). I like the ability to change the voltage and/or wattage of my vape to dial in the sweet spot and maintain that sweet spot through the life of the battery's charge. How often have we enjoyed that first 25% of the battery charge only to slog through the remaining 75% until you could change the battery? You pay a premium to have that control, especially among epipes, but it is a premium I'm willing to pay. YMMV.

Again, I'll post pics later and please feel free to fire away with any questions. Thanks for reading.

Here is a link to purchase one: VV/VW e-pipe by Kir Fanis and friends - Gr-Modders

I ordered mine on a Saturday, it shipped on Tuesday and I took delivery of it on Friday.

Thanks,
F:vapor:

Now with pictures:

Pictured with an 18350 v1 epm, the KF VV/VW and a DSE 601 for size perspective:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread