KISS Boxes... WOW!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soot

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
Belfast, UK
Kate's suggestion is a good one (thanks Kate!) - I took it up a few weeks ago. I first returned the dead USB battery to Janty and they'd no problem in replacing it (they even included a free 10mil bottle of juice).

Despite Janty's good service I didn't like the idea of having my USB out of action while waiting replacement and bought a half dozen batteries (+ recharger) to save the hassle. It is working well for me.

What I don't like is that the USB doesn't provide the hit that a fully charged battery does. When attached to the USB I tend to just toke away - not noticing any hit while servicing an old habit. It's easy OD doing this - I did it once and have to remind myself not to do it again.

I hope Janty will improve their USB rig - the USB battery seems under-powered.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Yes, a few of us have noticed that the power is reduced via the USB cable. I don't mind the power reduction now that I'm used to it, I even like it a bit better because I don't like overcooking the juice for harshness. What I'm bothered about more is that the wire is not very heavy duty and with lots of use it is wearing at the joint to the metal casing.

The new type manual switches can still be a little fragile with the button but the lack of hole at the connection to the atomiser is great. I drip mine and killed a switch or two by drowning but the new ones are no problem with this method.

Cartridges still don't work well for me even with the new two hole atomisers unfortunately :(

Ludo

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2008
China
www.janty.com
Some carts might be a bit dry Kate, if a user experiences a "burned" taste, check immediately if your cart it is dry, drip liquid on it or directly onto the atomizer to avoid burning the nylon thread inside the bottom of the atomizer. The new atomizers we are producing now, should tackle this problem, the should be available anytime soon at JANTYUSA and JANTY EUROPE as well as JANTY distributors and franchises.

Tumbleweed4829

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2008
Virginia, USA
Ok so I've noticed in the last couple of days that these KB batteries don't last very long at all! Then I compared it to my 901 battery and wow they are actually smaller than the 901! No wonder they last all of maybe if I'm lucky 2 hours.

I had previously bought Janes Titanium penstlye and it worked great for about a week and a half then the atomizer got REALLY hard to draw on...anyway..I realized that of you take the manual switch off the KB, the titanium battery fits and works like a auto switch.....can this be dangerous to the KB? I'm afraid to really use it that way incase it could possibly damage my KB atomizer...any thoughts?

Nevara

Nov 8, 2008
Perhaps this has been asked already, but.. I'm a mostly-thrilled owner of a Janty kiss box, and I've noticed that it seems to leak a bit from the point where the atomizer connects to the manual switch. Has anyone else had this problem? Know any solutions? I'm dripping, as opposed to using cartridges, but I only use two to three drops at a time.

This would be my ONLY drawback to the kiss box - otherwise I absolutely love it! :)

Bertrand

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2008
How new is it? My last one leaked a little at first, but in a day or so there was enough residue built up to seal the leaks. Kind of like a pipeline, the sludge that builds up inside helps seal the connections along the pipe.

Commercial coffee machines do this when you descale them. You see steam coming out of the joins, but a few days later (depending on water hardness) the scale has sealed them back up. This probably would disgust customers, but hehehe I'm addicted to the stuff and don't care. Actually, they they would probably be more disgusted by the warm, moist environment they provide for cockroaches...

Zach

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2008
Detroit, Michigan, USA
Well, i guess this is the right place to ask.

I want to buy a janty yentl kissbox. I have noticed in this thread a lot of people complaining about their batteries.

Can anyone who has used, or preferably has been using the yentl as their primary cig, comment on the durability and functionality of this device? I really want the yentl but i don't want to waste my money on it if i'm better off with a 901. Although i already have a 901 on order, i want something that smokes considerably better. The 901 will be my workhorse when i am on the road or at work, and the yentl will stay at home with me.

Basically would you say the jump in price from a 901 to a yentl kiss box is worth it? The black one is so sexy and i want a really good draw. Does it really smoke as good as people are saying? Is it worth the trouble of replacing/returning parts?

edit: Leaford help me out here, your videos are great. I am a huge fan of your mustache. But if you are going to smoke the pipe you should wax the ends of it into tight spirals.

Last edited:

frazzledglispa

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2008
Denver, CO
Can one of you tell me what the length of the Classic Kissbox is from end to end? I have never owned a penstyle so I am not sure how big they are. I watched Dusty's video review and it looked enormous. I have a 901 and an M-401 right now. The 901 is okay, but I would like something with a bit better battery life, and I like the looks of the 401 but I can't seem to top off the carts without sucking liquid into my mouth, and when I drip it it seems I can only get one drop on the atomizer and half of that runs down the outside of the battery.

I am torn between the KC and the Screwdriver, but I work in a professional environment and I think the Kissbox looks better for a professional environment, so I am just curious as to how long it is.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread