KIT REVIEW: Freemax Gemm 80W Mod/Disposable Tank Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
This review will be for the Freemax Gemm 80 watt mod and disposable tank kit.

se.jpg

2s.jpg

The Freemax Gem Kit is a very simple mod with 3 preset output settings and uses a disposable tank system. Power output depends upon the coil/tank being used. By simply pressing the fire button three times,you can get your personal preference among three different wattage levels – Soft, Medium, and Strong.

3s.jpg

The Gem uses an internal non-replaceable 2300 mAh lithium battery that is charged via the included USB charging cord. Charging speed is 1 amp.There is no display screen. Battery charge is indicated by an LED within the fire button. Green indicates a 65 - 100% battery charge, yellow indicates a 30 - 65% charge, and red indicates a 0 - 30% charge.

gem467_12.jpg

The Gemm mod has the usual protection circuitry such as short circuit protection, overcharge protection, and overheat protection. Should there be a battery venting, the gas can easily pass through the tiny holes in the bottom and through the USB port (I actually tested this by easily blowing through both.)

The disposable tanks have an adjustable air flow ring and are top fill with a connected silicone plug. Six coil options are available, including one for Temperature Control devices. (The Gemm mod does not have TC.) The tanks are 25mm in diameter and have a 5 ml liquid capacity. The TPD edition has a 2 ml capacity. The plastic used is allegedly safe for all flavors (safe for "tank cracker" flavors).

ls.jpg

zz.jpg

My experience:
I imagine this setup was designed for those vapers who don't desire a setup with a ton of adjustments and who desire a tank with a minimum of maintanance. Only three preset power outputs. No need to replace messy heating coils, just replace the entire tank instead. (Yes, there are such vapers in the real world.) Could be an excellent Christmas gift for a smoker you know who hasn't tried vaping yet.

Given its noted "limitations", I believe this extremely affordable vape setup serves an important niche in the marketplace. I found the Gemm Kit to be a pleasurable vaping experience overall. I enjoyed very nice flavor and vapor production. I've been using the original tank for two weeks off and on during my day and it is performing like day one.

Overall, a two thumbs up recommendation, understanding the limitations of this kit. :thumbs: Thank you to Jerry at Freemax for allowing me to review these products.

Freemax Gemm Mod Kit - $15
Gemm Disposable Tanks Pack of 2 - $4

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread