KIT REVIEW: Freemax Twister 80W and Fire Luke 2 Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
This review will be on the Freemax Twister 80 watt regulated tube mod and Fire Luke 2 subohm tank kit.

Many of the "pen style" AIO kits are single wattage mods with a nonremovable tank. These setups have distinct disadvantages because they don't have variable wattage regulation to be able to change your vaping experience "on the fly", and also limit the tank you can use to the one that comes with the kit.

With the Freemax Twister 80 Watt Regulated Mod you can change your wattage output on the fly, and you can change the tank to different tank should you already have a favorite or different tank. The wattage output is controlled by a dial located at the end of the tube, similar to the Ego Twist e-pens. Wattage range is 5 - 80 watts, with a coil resistance range of 0.1 ohm to 3 ohm. The wattage dial clicks in 5 watt increments.

The original Freemax Twists had wild designs/colors on the tube (Graffiti Edition). Now they are offered in solid "Metal Edition" colors. The one sent to me by Freemax was the stainless steel version.

twister1_06.jpg

88x_06.jpg

Inside the Twister is a 23000 mAh nonremovable 20600 size lithium battery allegedly good for up to 150 puffs. Charging speed is 1 amp via the included USB cord. There is no display screen, but the 5 click fire button uses an LED indicator of battery charge. 65 - 100% charge is green, 30 - 65% is yellow, and 0 - 30% is red.

The Freemax Twister mod has the usual protection circuitry such as short circuit protection, overcharge protection, and overheat protection. In the case of a battery venting, the multiple tiny holes in the end of the mod and the USB port allows gas to be released. (I actually blew through the holes.)

The kit comes with the new Fireluke 2 subohm tank. This is a top fill tank, accomplished by sliding aside the top cap at the red indicator marking which reveals a small fill port. The top cap has a built-in vent hole design which allows air inside the tank to escape to prevent e-liquid from clogging the fill port. Multiple pyrex tubes are available to hold 4, 5, and 6 ml capacities. Tank base is 24mm in diameter. (There is a TPD version with a 2 ml capacity available, too.)

dy_10.png

79-2_26.jpg

A wide range of sub-ohm coils are available for the Luke Pro 2 tank, including a couple with Temp Control capability. (The Freemax Twister does not have TC.) Recommended wattage ranges for these coils is between 40 - 80 watts; see individual coils for wattage recommendations.

Patented 90% Tea Fiber Cotton & 10% Organic Cotton Formula Wicking
"The TX Mesh Coil Series has a patented 90% tea tree fiber & 10% organic cotton wicking formulation, derived from 100% natural tea tree products. Combined with a new and improved diamond pattern coils, the Fireluke 2 brings a smoother airflow and more luxurious vaping experience."

My experience with this kit.
Both the mod and tank appear to be well designed and constructed. I accidently dropped my setup hard on the sidewalk once with no ill effects. I wish the tanks fill port was a bit larger even for my needle nosed bottles. A couple of times the top cap moved to its fill position and leaked some e-liquid in my coat pocket; the cap could perhaps use a better locking mechanism.

This is strictly a DTL subohm tank, not really designed for "new vapers" who are recent smokers who likely would do better with a MTL tank that uses lower wattage and higher ohm coils. I generally use tanks that use 0.5 ohm coils at 30 watts. With this tank using the included 0.2 ohm coils I had to turn my wattage down to around 21 watts for a satisfying vape -- your experience may be different from mine. Overall I enjoyed a flavorful vape and a large amount of vapor. I'm typically a somewhat restricted DTL vaper; with this tank I preferred the airflow set to about 10-20% open. I have a personal dislike for metal drip tips and changed mine to my favorite delrin tip, the Cherry Vape Cloudchaser.

I can't really say how long the 2300 mAh battery will last per charge in the Twister. I change flavors throughout the day so I didn't use my setup for the entire day. Perhaps a 2 amp charger would have been useful as opposed to the built-in 1 amp charger for faster charging times. A larger capacity battery would have been nice, but I understand that would require a larger size mod.

I found the Freemax Twist Kit available online for $35.
FreeMax Twister with Fireluke 2 Starter Kit
List Price: $49.99
Our Price: $34.99
star4.5.gif
(29)

Tank only
List Price: $29.99
Our Price: $18.99

Replacement Coil pack of 5
List Price: $11.99

Freemax Twister 80W Product Page

I give this kit a solid " two thumbs up" overall. :thumbs: Thanks to Jerry at Freemax for the opportunity to review these products.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread