14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    View attachment 970739
    I just found this thread and wanted to share my little nibbles the yellow guy and my Lynxie the fluffy guy. Nibbles had a urinary tract blockage a couple months back but with urine pH monitoring knock on wood we seem to be doing okay. And my Lynxie has pancreatitis but hasn't had a flare and over a year. They are as thick as thieves!

Also they are on their catio It's not the prettiest place but we basically bought the house because it had a large back porch for the cats to enjoy.
    How sweet! Butter wouldn't melt in their mouths, eh?

• Love
    Reactions: AvaOrchid

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Couldn't sell Rocco so guess he will remain with me. He is so smart he amazes me with the stuff he figures out. As the saying goes: that face wouldn't break plates.

r2.jpg

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    20220227_222447.jpg

Just wanted to share my senior former colony FIV cat Grizzy. We met him when he was estimated to be about 13 and that was 3 years ago. He's a good boy who lives inside only nowadays. He lives peacefully with his seven brothers and sisters with fur and is enjoying the inside only couch potato lifestyle :)

Last edited:

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    View attachment 972280
    Just wanted to share my senior former colony FIV cat Grizzly. We met him when he was estimated to be about 13 and that was 3 years ago. He's a good boy who lives inside only nowadays. He lives peacefully with his seven brothers and sisters with fur and is enjoying the inside only couch potato lifestyle :)
    What an adorable boy.

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Rocco went to a new home and Miali got fixed. Complications, ripped her sutures out, had some dead skin. It was a scary thing, worried about infection etc. but she is stitched back up and seems to be ok. I am trying to keep her calm so it doesn't happen again. She hates the cone but is tolerating it.

Attachments

• miali in cone.jpg
      miali in cone.jpg
      113.4 KB · Views: 19
    Last edited:

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    Rocco went to a new home and Miali got fixed. Complications, ripper her sutures out, had some dead skin. It was a scary thing, worried about infection etc. but she is stitched back up and seems to be ok. I am trying to keep her calm so it doesn't happen again. She hates the cone but is tolerating it.
    I hope she continues on towards healing. How cute is that cone

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    We had to say good night to our good boy Grizzy yesterday. Thankfully the fluid that filled his lungs came on very quickly and he didn't suffer. My favorite vet was working and made sure to keep him comfortable while we found out what was going on got him right on oxygen got him pain medicine that would help him not want so much oxygen. And then I had the privilege of telling him how much of a good boy he was as he calmly passed with me stroking his beautiful soft fur. He was a good boy and he lived a good life while we had him. He was probably around 16 but we only met him 4 years previously when he showed up on our porch scraggly thin and very infected. Thus the name Grizzy was born because he was a grizzled old man. We found out he had FIV but he was such a gentle boy with other kitties in our home that we didn't ever have to worry about spread. He was just the goodest of good boys and he is missed greatly. But he'll always remain in our hearts.
    20220718_212547.jpg

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    We had to say good night to our good boy Grizzy yesterday. Thankfully the fluid that filled his lungs came on very quickly and he didn't suffer. My favorite vet was working and made sure to keep him comfortable while we found out what was going on got him right on oxygen got him pain medicine that would help him not want so much oxygen. And then I had the privilege of telling him how much of a good boy he was as he calmly passed with me stroking his beautiful soft fur. He was a good boy and he lived a good life while we had him. He was probably around 16 but we only met him 4 years previously when he showed up on our porch scraggly thin and very infected. Thus the name Grizzy was born because he was a grizzled old man. We found out he had FIV but he was such a gentle boy with other kitties in our home that we didn't ever have to worry about spread. He was just the goodest of good boys and he is missed greatly. But he'll always remain in our hearts. View attachment 977709
    It's a shame they gotta go. Sounds like he had a good life. Can't do anything more than that.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    We had to say good night to our good boy Grizzy yesterday. Thankfully the fluid that filled his lungs came on very quickly and he didn't suffer. My favorite vet was working and made sure to keep him comfortable while we found out what was going on got him right on oxygen got him pain medicine that would help him not want so much oxygen. And then I had the privilege of telling him how much of a good boy he was as he calmly passed with me stroking his beautiful soft fur. He was a good boy and he lived a good life while we had him. He was probably around 16 but we only met him 4 years previously when he showed up on our porch scraggly thin and very infected. Thus the name Grizzy was born because he was a grizzled old man. We found out he had FIV but he was such a gentle boy with other kitties in our home that we didn't ever have to worry about spread. He was just the goodest of good boys and he is missed greatly. But he'll always remain in our hearts. View attachment 977709
    My heart pours out to you, it's a good thing you were with him all the way though his passing comforting him.

Users who are viewing this thread