Kitties & Kritters Klub

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Yeah, husband came in one time I was brushing her, had a mountain of fur the same size she was, he said he wanted a refund from the vet, because she obviously could still reproduce.
Had a furry cat once. She’d ball up while sleeping and honestly you could not tell which end was which. You didn’t dare give her a peck on the head. :shock:

Reactions: dwcraig1

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Some day I hope to get a pic of Louie from the front...
He has a really floofy tail !

u8Ax7CU.jpg

I bet Louie is real darn proud of that magnificent tail too! He knows what’s what. You wanna capture his sweet face, you gotta pay the licensing fee. :) :wub:

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
View attachment 906789

$2 Chuck, my avatar kitty. He is a most interesting cat.

If we have this Klubhouse thread and the big thread, does that mean we get to see twice as many pictures of Scruffy? asking for a friend.....>^..^<

I meant to ask you over on the Big Thread about your avatar kitty. He has a most interesting name to go with his most interesting self! What a cutie! :wub:

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
George & Gracie (can't resist getting any chance to post this pic Amge memed for me.
View attachment 906797

I’m glad I didn’t have a beverage in my mouth when I saw this! :lol:

Are those two lovelies siblings? See, when you name them like that, they have to be comedians. ;)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I meant to ask you over on the Big Thread about your avatar kitty. He has a most interesting name to go with his most interesting self! What a cutie! :wub:
Worked with a guy who had a giant boy cat named Chuck. I told my dad I had a friend who named his cat Chuck. Took him three days to stop laughing.

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
View attachment 906773
Sonny, my boss (according to him)

Hubba! That face, those green eyes!! :wub::wub:

He’s a sweet boy who has to be right up against you... but NOT on your lap. And if you pick him up he doesn’t know how to deal with that either. But he will happily lay on your belly if you lay down!

Also, he looks big and fierce, but his meow is the daintiest you’ve ever heard. He still thinks he’s a baby.

View attachment 906807
Awwwww. . . instant love! He can lie on MY belly anytime he wants!! :wub::wub::wub:

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
From TS Eliot’s “Old Possum’s Book of Practical Cats” — which the Broadway show was based on — in the poem “The Naming of Cats”:

But above and beyond there’s still one name left over,
And that is the name that you never will guess;
The name that no human research can discover—
But THE CAT HIMSELF KNOWS, and will never confess.
When you notice a cat in profound meditation,
The reason, I tell you, is always the same:
His mind is engaged in a rapt contemplation
Of the thought, of the thought, of the thought of his name:
His ineffable effable
Effanineffable
Deep and inscrutable singular name.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Awwwww. . . instant love! He can lie on MY belly anytime he wants!! :wub::wub::wub:

This was a few years back. I laid down on the floor and he claimed ny belly as his own. He was digging his claws into my sides here! You might not enjoy that so much! :D

AB04BEC6-C025-4C3C-9B0D-F2C966B262B6.jpeg

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
This photo reminded me of the "most interesting man" from the booze adverts. Chuck has a habit of leaning on his elbow when he is perched somewhere, kind of like the way the model is leaning up against the bar telling his stories.

$2 Chuck.jpg
2 buck chuck.jpg

Chuck is one of a litter of kittens his feral mother brought to my backyard. I may share the stories of the others later, but for now, I'll stick with this guy. I was trying to figure out names for 5 little kittens, and with the little black mustache, Charlie was just too obvious, and Chuck seemed like a better choice for someone named Charles. 2-buck just followed along naturally. He also goes by the nicknames, Chucky Cheese, Cheeseburger, Chuckles, and 2-Bucks.

When he went for his first vet visit for shots and neuter, I had to give him an official name for this microchip. I put down $2 Chuck, and the lady helping me with his intake asked why I called him 2-dollar Chuck. I don't think she had heard of the Trader Joe's wine, and at the time Trader Joes had just opened a single store in the Denver area, and it wasn't in our neighborhood.

Last edited:

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I sure do! I had to search for one where he’s looking at the camera. He doesn’t love having his picture taken, so most of the ones I have are when he’s napping. :D

He’s a sweet boy who has to be right up against you... but NOT on your lap. And if you pick him up he doesn’t know how to deal with that either. But he will happily lay on your belly if you lay down!

Also, he looks big and fierce, but his meow is the daintiest you’ve ever heard. He still thinks he’s a baby.

View attachment 906807
    He is gorgeous :wub:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    My buddy Chance who was found crying in some bushes on a very cold day in February, he was about 2 months old at the time and very malnourished. Picture was taken about a year later.

View attachment 906887
    I can attest that Schiller Park is coooold in February.

Users who are viewing this thread