Kiwicig Kiwipod N1 Vape Starter Kit Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonmagicvape

Aug 14, 2018
This compact kit comes with prefilled cartridges available in a range of fruity and tobacco flavours. Boasting a 400mAh battery with a power output of 8.5 Watts. With an average of 350 puffs from each pod that's enough to keep you vaping all day.

Specs and Features
  • 400mAh battery
  • 1.6ohm coil
  • 1.6ml pre filled pod
  • 350 puffs per cartridge
  • 8.5W power output
  • Magnetic charging
  • Weighs 25g
  • Size 22mm x 95mm x 9mm
  • LED indicator lights
  • Battery Longevity 500 charge cycles
  • Short Circuit protection, overuse protection
  • Available and Blue, Black, Grey
  • Comes with leather pouch
  • Comes in a range of flavours Gummy Candy, Kiwi & Strawberry, Lychee & Watermelon (ice) Pure tobacco, American Mixed Tobacco, Menthol Tobacco

• 4nzF42ktNODp_EQrhPhFVCDNCAZ37kljo8WLz9zXhwA4kmKbMdP9Ri1vpFvaPu3SJfNeEifd5wvNcINdBv75CFYj3NIv7Lem043MCX--DgeX_jicy7CwEzDe1h6Pk4XQTT7WI-Jj

The Kiwicig Kiwipoid N1 comes beautifully presented in a large box. As someone that appreciates packaging, I have to say it’s one of the nicest pod packages I’ve seen. Along with the Kiwipod you also get three different flavoured pods, a magnetic charge cable, and a leather pouch. As this is a closed system the pods come prefilled with different flavours for you to try. There are six flavours in total for you to choose from. I particularly liked the Gummy Candy and Strawberry & Kiwi. The tobacco blends tasted exactly like tobacco. If I was still a smoker my taste buds probably would be fooled. The Lychee & Watermelon pods give you a massive ice hit, that I found a little strong for my tastes.

rj5TvetDyUXWWEy3Rm63774wT-Ca0dGHGju8fbYvH0W41pV48BWT5VqNDhXI5hxuXyz2NGyzA3SZeFTh3PY-bvmZI_3MIjVY2S_uzodFud0iVXaSK_HU-7cNip13DCiZ7hK5pq4h

Each pod has a 1.6ml capacity which promises over 350 puffs, depending on your draw length. The 1.6ohm coil is clearly visible through the coloured plastic of the pod.. In comparable pod systems with similar capacity I would be filling my pod at least once a day. But, with the Kiwipod N1 the cartridge lasted me for three days. Vapour from this pod is dense and flavourful, at 8.5W of power there isn’t massive clouds but the Kiwipod does a great job of delivering a good nicotine hit.

The pods contain a 35mg or 3.5% salt nicotine, this is a good level for heavy smokers who are making the switch to vaping. Although, light smokers or vapers may find the level a little strong. Puffs are satisfying and flavourful. Airflow is provided through small ventilation holes in the base of the pod, as well as the small viewing windows to check your juice levels. The draw is restrictive to provide a similar experience to a traditional cigarette, but I find with the combination of airflow and slightly larger hole on the mouthpiece it is not overly restrictive.

ann_BxFWcAOBXMyjzjO8FCwv-XcDA5nx6GBtzOrPXdaN-lk5bpWwej8JFq4YxJibf1x9yq0iVecexX9-NBAFDjuLb-tAQ0JygPn_VaI8yzFUkwQR2xyvMaGfDjB2-QMMMLzO31hh

The matte plastic of the mouth piece is curved to fit comfortably between your lips. It has a comfortable width so you don’t feel as though you are sucking harder than you need to be. The Kiwipod N1 is a draw activated device, the lack of a fire button adds to its simplistic design. The pods slide easily into the battery and the addition of viewing windows allow you to accurately see the level of juice without removing the pod. The pod is secured magnetically to the battery, and the LED battery indicators are located next to the contacts. The clear plastic of the pods allows the light to clearly shine through indicating battery level. However, in broad daylight it can be difficult to see.

One of the really cool things about the Kiwipod is the lack of a micro usb for charging. Instead, there are magnetic contacts on the base of the pod that allows is to be charged with the supplied magnetic charge cable. This is a really novel idea and allows for a much nicer looking pod without the ugly usb port detracting from design. I hope other pod makers start using this magnetic charging technology. The lack of a usb port can also protect your device from dirt and moisture.

nstohebFNIloPAjkbIWh9NhiAqvITMmA7c2-BybtiUlzuwKi2-n5YsZSdedaONBOHroHmOLsKueA5CjUhEOc5reyybY4QWFz93zy8XpMkotp9uSfe0aOzZWkyl1EMnvdMC8lZ-XP

Weighing a slight 25g the Kiwipod can easily be worn inside the included pouch, around your neck or attached to a keychain. This is a really nice inclusion, and something a little different than a boring lanyard. The small size of the Kiwipod N1 makes it a stealthy vape. The economical battery, and the longevity of the pods make this a perfect starter kit for smokers looking to transition to vaping. With its comfortable draw and range of tobacco flavours available, the Kiwipod is ideal for smokers.

3UVTsv6L4TtE0sc5c-tPPviO-UaIquXQM39wWm2i5Q24GMI14-Fi2PIKFGuSHCPS9MRYalEY6m43cZafB5FrA6VvRIt4_XwW5WjbawLyOLdYTM6OmuAxHrsltmvjLHQYWM96Z_Yw

Cons
  • Because the Kiwipod is a closed system you have only the current range of flavours available. The flavour’s aren’t bad but it would be nice is there was a dessert or you could refill the pods.

• Not as a high a wattage output as some pods at only 8.5W but the wattage and battery capacity ratio is balanced so you get a decent amount of vaping time between charges.

• A little more expensive than similar pod systems at $42AUD and $21.50 for a pack of 4 pods, although this pod is of a higher quality.

• In broad daylight, it can be hard to see the LED indicator lights.

Pros
  • The Kiwipod is beautifully packaged and presented, you can tell a lot of thought went into the design of the packaging.

• The pod has a high end look and feel, with high quality materials and attention to detail.

• I really love the magnetic charging. It’s not something I have seen to date in a pod or mod, and I find it really convenient and keeps to the overall sleek aesthetics of the Kiwipod’s design.

• The little leather pouch that comes in the box is handy, you can attach it to a lanyard or belt. Weighing only 25g it wouldn’t feel bulky around your neck.

• The pod has just the right amount of airflow, it’s restrictive enough for new vapers, and not overly restrictive that you feel like you’re sucking on a straw.

• The LED lights are cleverly hidden inside the battery so you notice light coming through the viewing windows and mouthpiece.

• Viewing windows make it handy to keep an eye on your juice levels

SQPa9KJIIgZPK1Vkzz3IzATCpcqTSXSQzh3nDDKKgLY19sRE2Ak1lkkZNSdvumXII3W2erbHd0ueAcUl9ux1Exz2iFICZG-EIwKNN88FyV1cWJPKwDxMNvCcofZMUx9UMAQ2Jcdj

Bottom Line
I’ve really enjoyed using the Kiwicig Kiwipod N1. Although it’s not as powerful as other pods in my collection I did enjoy the smooth and instant vapour production. The 350+ puff lifespan of the pods, is enough to keep you vaping on a single pod all day. I’m not much of a fruity or tobacco person, but I did enjoy the Gummy Candy and Kiwi Strawberry flavours the most.. The flavour intensity was well balanced, better than other closed system pods I’ve tried in the past. I would prefer a larger range of flavours, such as desserts or bakery. For flavour I rate the Kiwipod N1 a 7/10 both for the pleasant amount flavour , but it looses point for their being limited flavours available. In terms of battery longevity and vapor production I would also rate the pod a 7/10. With the higher 1.6ohm coil, and power output of 8.5W, I think the Kiwipod N1 has just the right balance of vapor production and battery life. Smokers are probably going to enjoy this pod the most, although if you are a vaper looking for a prefilled system for convenience, then the Kiwicig Kiwipod N1 is worth a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread