kmax and protank issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmoKnoMoCigZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
constitution state
that seems very odd as most people complain about it being too airy. when you draw on it do it very slow and easy. not as strong as on a regular cigarette. also try taking the base and coil out and washing it out and blow out the tube. then put it back in the tank and let it sit upright for a few minutes to let the juice saturate the wick. then take an easy draw.hope this helps.

makelegs

Jan 15, 2014
KC, MO
I'll gladly accept any advice you folks have to offer.

I'm using the kmax with a PT1 and 2 different PT-unitanks. None of them give me airflow, with the kmax, unless I thread them so loosely on the 510 post that the barely connect and most certainly wobble all over the place. When I say "no airflow".... I don't mean a tight draw..... I mean sucking on the tip will completely invert your face before you ever get vapor form the tank. The same tanks work fine on my spinner batteries. Similar issues with a zmax. I'm starting to thing that I'm doing something wrong with the tanks/coils.

If I don't thread the coil in completely, inside the tank collar, it sometimes works ok, but not surprisingly results in leaks at times. Bottom line, is.... if I fully thread the coil into the tank, and fully thread the tank onto the kmax..... airflow = zero.

Anyone have any suggestions? Please drop some wisdom on me!

Fittytigsic

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
There might be something wrong with your atomizer head in it. Something you can try is buying a 510 to ego connecter or maybe just a 510 to 510 connecter. Set your tank in the connecter and then screw it on…usually those adapters have extra air holes in them and it definitely helps me get a large amount of air to my tank. You can also get some airflow adjusters I know Discountvapers.com has one for like 5 bucks.

I am a strong advocate against the whole protank thing…I have had many and there is always some kind of issue with them. I would recommend the Evod for a good bcc and especially if you want to stay with Kanger products.

makelegs

Jan 15, 2014
KC, MO
Appreciate the feedback, guys. What's interesting to me is that my various PT's seem to "work" much more reliably/enjoyably on the spinners. I only really run into issues with airflow when using them with my zmax and now the kmax. I don't see any obvious differences between the 510 posts, which makes it extremely frustrating. I'm starting to get a little down on kanger, in general, but I've really only used their products since I started vaping in July.

I'd like a tank that I can thread tightly down on my mod (so it doesn't wobble) and it just works. Maybe I'm naive? ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

makelegs

Jan 15, 2014
KC, MO
Ok, guys.... I think I fixed it for good, and it turned out to be REALLY simple. I've now talked to enough folks to have determined that this is a legitimate issue with Protank. Their system for airflow is flawed, when used with devices that have a slightly longer 510 post, like my kmax compared to my twist batteries. That extra length allows the air holes to be completely obstructed within the threads. So when you unthread the pt enough to get airflow and still fire, it wobbles. #obnoxious!!

So here's what now works beautifully for me:

- find the thread location with the airflow you want

- then unthread the beauty ring on the kmax (or zmax) upward until it stabilizes against the base of the pt.

- now vape like a boss....wobble free!

The resulting gap between the bottom of the beauty ring and the top of the device is virtually indiscernable; equal to no more than the width of a single thread or so. Essentially, the beauty ring acts as the airflow regulator, but is very easy to adjust from tank to tank, and remains firmly threaded against the base of said tank.

I am now pleased with both pieces simultaneously!

VICTORY!!! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread