Status
Not open for further replies.

santo19586

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
Saint Cloud FL
i have a friend that ordered some very high stength nic , to make his own juice, he just figured that all he had to do is buy some nic and glyserin and use a caculator and come up with some vaping juice,...WRONG!
there is some dangers in dealing with high and super high strength liguid that he dindnt know about.
he hasnt joined any forums, so he is not up to speed with all of this.
we all should let people know that they just cant start mixing juice without doing any research first, people could die from not knowing all the facts.
he saw me vaping and understood that i dont smoke annalogs any more, we talked, i gave him some info on where to get a kit. and i also told him that i mix my own flavored juice.
So, he took it on his own to get a pv kit, and thinking he could save some money , he ordered some pure nic to mix down to 24mg.
He checked online and found a site that sold nicotine, ordered it and when he got it it came with MSDS sheet(in Chineese) not english . so he through that aside and started to mix.
he then called me and said that he had bought some nic and mixed 10ml acording to juice calculator, and it tasted super,super strong.
he asked me what went wrong with the mix, NOT realizing that pure nic was 999mg.
i never advized him to do what he did , he never asked me about mixing juice.
I should have never told him that i was mixing my own juice, my fault,
People see and ask us about "What is that, that you are using,an Ecig?" we vapers should be more carefull on what we say to a potential noobe about our vaping habits and our prefferences.
I got a hold of my friend and gave him the lowdown, i got some help from a few people here in this forum, i thank them again..
Santo

Last edited:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
It's a shame what your friend did but in NO WAY was it your fault, this is pure stupidity for anyone to play with ANY chemical they don't fully understand how to use and work with, everybody should educate themselves before playing and mixing with 100mg Nic or any chemical for that matter. Never the less it's not your fault Santo, hopefully your friend has learned his lesson and reads up a bit more about mixing like everyone should before they use a high MG Nic.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
I agree with mwa Santo, this wasn't your fault. This would be like someone who has no knowledge of electricity deciding to rewire their house after talking to someone who does, just to save money on an electrician. It happens in all walks of life, not just here, and at least you were there to help. Had your friend done this after talking to another vaper that he didn't know, things could have been a lot worse. This is the main reason that I send every new member who asks about DIYing here to read before giving them any other info.

Also, Major Kudos to cmdryker for putting a vaper's safety above his bottom line. I commend you sir.

MichaelOz

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2010
Czech Republic
No Michael. What he's saying is that his friend bought something much, much higher than the max 100mg per ml that we normally do. Being that the MDS sheet was in Chinese and he hadn't done his homework, he had no idea and mixed it at 100mg directions.

You guys are getting me worried :) I'm about to embark on a DIY adventure, and thought I had it all worked out, so here is the Nic juice I am planning on getting - 125ml of 100mg VG OR PG at Crystal Clear Vaping : Cleanest, Purest Unflavored Nicotine On The Planet

In my mind I had the idea that if you dilute this nic juice (100mg) 1 part to 9 filer (VG/PG), you end up with a 10mg stength juice (again leaving out flavor). Is this correct?

I hope so, and it is a good thing I read this thread!

potholerepairman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
Bought diy material for some crazy reason myself about11/09 thinking it was suppose to be a bunker time(restriction times).The kit is still in my closet, nothing wrong with making your own but for a lot of people premixed juice is the way to go.I know its the wrong forum for this and one day ill try(with fresh stuff).Its dangerous like putting fertilizer next to a warm lawnmower but when people learn a new way to do something they want to join too quickly, me included.You gave your friend a solid in many ways.congrats

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
You guys are getting me worried :) I'm about to embark on a DIY adventure, and thought I had it all worked out, so here is the Nic juice I am planning on getting - 125ml of 100mg VG OR PG at Crystal Clear Vaping : Cleanest, Purest Unflavored Nicotine On The Planet

In my mind I had the idea that if you dilute this nic juice (100mg) 1 part to 9 filer (VG/PG), you end up with a 10mg stength juice (again leaving out flavor). Is this correct?

Yep, you're right on your calculations, and your nic base is fine. If you want to be accurate and include different PG/VG ratios plus flavorings your best bet is to download a calculator. Here's the one I use; eJuice Me Up - e-Juice e-Liquid Recipe Calculator The download link is toward the bottom of the third box. Also make sure you wear gloves and eye protection while mixing with that strength juice, clean up any spills immediately, and don't mix where children or pets can come into contact with your liquid. Always better safe than sorry. :)

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana

MichaelOz, we are not talking about your 100mg/ml nic base here. And you are correct, 1ml of 100mg/ml nic mixed with 9ml of plain PG and/or VG makes 10mg/ml juice.

You just need long sleeve shirt, full leg covering, rubber gloves, and eye protection when working with 100mg/ml nicotine base.

You need higher safety measures for what the OP is talking about.

NicLiq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
nicliq.blogspot.com
Yes, 10x stronger. 100mg/ml is basically 10% nicotine in a PG or VG base. And yes, he was extremely lucky.

Thanks, that is beyond frightening.

I've been reading about DIY for a week and only feel comfortable to start with 36 mg. I received my order from Box Elder today and I was so pleased to see that it has a lot number, is fully labeled, and has an expiration date. I think that is as mad scientist as I'm going to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread