• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Korea Health Ministry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ande

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Korea
Here's hoping. But my experience so far is that parties won't matter. ALL are likely to support pharma interests rather than ours.

Roly- I've shown that report to a couple of guys in the local chem department. Both sort of scoffed at it, and said it would be hard to translate. Seems that either the translation won't make much sense, or won't be true to the original. (Cause the original doesn't make much sense.) I can still get a translation, if it will help, but I'm not holding out much hope.

Best,
Ande

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
I have several interests in that doc:
- To see if it is a press release or a lab report, or a mix
- To determine the exact accusations they are making
- To see if anything in there leads to further issues
- To have a record of it for further use, as needed

So the answer is yes, it would be useful - thanks. Right now we can only discuss the hysterical press reports but it would be useful to know what exactly was in the original.

As an example, the FDA released a press report on some e-liquid analyses with inflated accusations and extreme misrepresentations, that constructively amounted to lying - but if you had read the lab report, there were considerable differences between the lab data and their statements as reported in the press. It was able to be shown that the PR had no real relation to the lab report and that the PR ignored any/all science, and was simply propaganda or even lies.

example - FDA: "E-liquid contains dangerous contaminants such as DEG".
lab report - one sample out of 18 contained a tiny amount of DEG, and this was not found in the vapor.

Statements such as the example are essentially lies because they imply that most or all e-liquid is contaminated, and that most or all end-users inhale these contaminants - none of which are true.
The truth was that 1 in 18 samples was contaminated; that the level of contamination was not significant to health even if it could have been ingested in some way; and that the vapor resulting was not contaminated at all.

So the original material is often useful in one way or another.

darkpoet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2011
South Korea
Interesting that you said pharma interests could control politicians.

I used to do 1:1 teaching in Busan and a micro-surgeon (his specialty was re-attaching severed body parts*) complained of exactly that...

*not as interesting as it sounds, unfortunately due to the Asian gangster habit of chopping a fingers off to prove yourself. He complained about that a lot, telling me he spent a Saturday re-attaching 6 fingers from a group of men that had obviously been drinking too much and playing some sort of dare game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread