• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Korean eliquids

Status
Not open for further replies.

aftercafe

Jan 25, 2012
Seoul, Korea
Ande has posted a lot of information on ordering from overseas. If I remember correctly the rate was about 600won/ml if customs stops it. That would make a 30ml bottle cost an extra 18k won in taxes which is still less (assuming you order bulk to compensate for the shipping cost).

So what do you do? Do you jst buy them in the country?

Ande

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Korea
I buy some locally, order some from overseas.

IF your overseas order is stopped by customs, it works out slightly less expensive than local bought juice.

Example- order 4 30 ml bottles from FSUSA- cost, ~$60 for juice, ~$20 for shipping. $80, plus, if customs gets it, another 72,000won for the government. (about $60US)

this makes it $140 for 120ml of juice.

At Janty, here in Daegu, 120ml of juice will run you 222,000won- about $200 US.

(and the FSUSA stuff is better, though Janty ain't bad.)

And sometimes customs doesn't stop the order.

Best,
Ande

Demo

Jan 24, 2012
Seoul Korea
I spent the day looking for juice in Seoul I found that at Garden 5, three of the five e-cig sellers are shuttered (two 'brand' names: 'Ryuan' (sp?) and 'Support') and the two that remain are Janty (reliable, but expensive) and a smaller "Cosmo" store. I had a chat with the owner of Cosmo - a really affable guy - and he said that times are tough now since the hammer fell. He had only 2 bottles of juice and was going to give me a 'deal' at 30,000 won for a 20ml bottle. He said he would be getting more soon and will call me when he does.
Next, off to Technomart, where again, Janty was going strong and of all of the small retailers (I found 5 in total: they had a few e-cigs off to the side of their booths), they all were out of stock on any juice except "Veil" from the US at about the same price as Janty: 35,000 won for a 20ml bottle.
Tough times indeed. I will post back over the course of the week; I have some more places scoped out for tomorrow.

Demo

Jan 24, 2012
Seoul Korea
Ande; I may be mistaken. I thought it said something to the effect of being from the US, but not having my glasses, I couldn't read the fine print.

I am going to try ordering from Health Cabin and see what happens. As you said, if customs stops it, in the end it won't cost me more than paying retail, so I think it is worth the risk. Maybe you would know: Is there any criminal aspect to ordering juice from China? I don't want that kind of trouble.

Last edited:

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
I don't believe it is (at least not right now), but I'm not a fan of the Chinese juice. I do order bottles/hardware/etc from GH1 and shipping is normally pretty quick. Normally about 3 days from order to door (EMS 17 bucks in shipping). It's not too much cheaper than ordering from the US as far as shipping goes, but delivery time is much better.

Demo

Jan 24, 2012
Seoul Korea
Thanks for that Valascar. May I ask why your preference for US juice? I too have some pretty big reservations about the stuff from China, but more a quality issue than a taste thing. Also, have there been any problems with K customs regarding the delivery from the US? I understand there is always a risk and am not looking for a guarantee or anything, just wondering if you have had any problems. Final questions: where do you order from in the US and what is the delivery time?

Sorry, as I am sure you have answered these questions somewhere else in the forum, probably a few times.

Thanks.

Ande

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Korea
In the US, I've ordered from Freedom SmokeUSA, MyFreedomSmokes, and Innovapor.

In the UK, cloudninevaping and liberty flights.

Delivery time generally 6 to 12 working days, but IF it gets stopped by customs, then this is the time to get TO customs. Getting out of customs is usually another 3-6 working days, and will take some time and legwork on your part.

Don't know about y'all, but I'm planning to learn to DIY, so I can import less frequently...

Best,
Ande

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
Mainly I just haven't liked the taste of most Chinese juices I've had, and I like that basically all the US companies will let me customize it (since they make to order) however I want it. Seeing as I have an APO address, it's also easier and no issues with customs. There is a Dekang store near Mapo (gongdeok 5-way intersection, behind the hotel) but I haven't gone in to see their prices (they are still open, drove past it yesterday).

aftercafe

Jan 25, 2012
Seoul, Korea
Sounds to me like a DIYer could make a lot of money over there in Korea. I wish I was still there... Maybe the nic base is hard to get.

It's not that, we just heavily tax nicotine products.
A pack of cigarettes cost only maybe 500WON (around 50 cents) to make, but are sold at 2500WON($2.50). The government claims that the money is used for public education or so I believe.

And yes you could make a lot of money but would get fined if you were caught doing it :)

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
It's not just taxes, but that's what they'll tell you. I knew a guy that worked at one of the stores (an international one, not just a Korean one) and he showed me the break down of their cost, the taxes, and the massive mark-up. The taxes are high, but they are also marking it up (compared to what they sell in other countries) at least as much as the taxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread