The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

KR-808D at High Voltage

Discussion in 'KR808/GC cartomizer Mod Spec.' started by DaMulta, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DaMulta

DaMulta Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2009
    T-Town Oklahoma
    Well I just have to say that Cartomizers at high voltage is now my favorite atomizer.

Now I think that running at high voltage on old ones are not so great. Yet a freshly opened/filled cartomizr is a dream at high voltage.

So much vapor, and the heat is really on them.

I let someone try my Chuck with fresh batteries, and with a fresh Blue Berry cartomizer on top. I swear he took a 10 sec hit, and about hit the floor coughing on how much vapor it put out.:p

2. bornagainst

bornagainst Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    Just to clarify, what would I need in regards to running a kr8 cartomizer on a chuck? Would it be a 901 adapter?

Just so much info....and I am easily confused.

3. DaMulta

DaMulta Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2009
    T-Town Oklahoma
    Yes with an adapter from Vapor Country 901 too cartomizer. I slipped one of those rubber seals around it so I can change the airflow with the adapter.

4. youtubecommercial

youtubecommercial Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2009
    Florida
    Hey DaMulta Glad to see you also joind the group :)

5. namuch

namuch Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 29, 2009
    Surprise,Az
    I will definitely vouch for an improved experience using 6v on 808 carts. I just dropped a pair of CR123s in my silver bullet (v1.1), and man, are they sweet!

It even makes the usb pass-thru seem a bit underpowered now.

Will have to see what it does to the internals of a cart for refilling purposes, might have to refill a bit earlier to get the most lifetime out of them. Hopefully it doesn't just cook em outright...

6. Snarkyone

Snarkyone Super Member ECF Veteran

That is good news about it but since I have a mod I already knew it would taste tons better, and put out tons of vapor and nice throat hit. My concern like everyone else I am sure is how fast it will drain the cart. I know how fast my Magnum 6v needs something like a fuel injector from a car engine to have the ultimate vaping experience because it would feed the juice nicely. It's incredibly easy to burn it at 6v too, if possible get a 5v mod.

I always try to refill my carts once I notice a big change in the vapor production. We all know that a wet atomizer is a happy atomizer. I believe that helps them last a bit longer as well since they aren't being overworked or vaped dry.

7. Karl the heretiK

Karl the heretiK Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 15, 2009
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    I have to say it...

A bad day on my Xhaler is still better than a good day on my standard, 3.7, KR808 bat...

8. MHR7331

MHR7331 Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 14, 2009
    SoCal
    Cartos at 6v is interesting... I just wonder how fast they get burnt up.

9. lambolover808

lambolover808 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    Apollo Beach, FL, USA
    i use a Sima Universal AC Adapter (sku 7011994) purchased at bestbuy ($26.99) to run a passthru at either 5.0 or 6.5v. I keep the cart "plenty" wet and am getting at least a week out of the cart before i put it down and crack open a fresh one....

10. doots

doots Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2009
    cartos at 6v are awesome. they do not burn up. the refill is not as much as you would think. Try it and you probably wont go back to normal attys IMO. I wish I'd found them a lot sooner than I did. I use the same cart for days if not a week at a time. refill about 2x a day.

11. bikergirl1908

bikergirl1908 Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2009
    Georgia
    I almost totally agree with Damulta.

The carto vapor at HV is so warm hitting the back of my throat that I am in heaven. I taste all of the flavor and the expelled vapor is very pronounced. The juice is used up a lot quicker, but hey I just refill or pop on a new one. At HV, you can also tell immediately if your juice is low in the carto. I only use the stock 808 battery if I am trying to stealth vape due to the low vapor production.

But unlike the OP, my favorite atty will probably always be the 510/306. :D

12. quasimod

quasimod Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 19, 2009
    Joplin, MO - USA
    Hey doots, I notice you've got a 5v mod in your sig, what do you think of the cartos at 5v vs. 6v?

13. doots

doots Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2009
    There is a difference in warmth. 5v is perfect. 6v is a little warmer than Id like but still good...

14. Silverthorn181

Silverthorn181 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2010
    ɹǝpun uʍop
    You guys are making me scared!!! I went over to Cartos to try and stop the never ending flow of juice that I was pouring through my 510. Found it smooth but strangely satisfying at the same time and loved not having to carry around bottles etc all the time. My juice use went way down and I was happy!!

Now you have to start talking about cartos on hi volt mods and here I am thinking "with that adaptor I can screw this onto that and !!!!"

Nooooooooooooooooooo I will not become a juice glutton again. I will maintain control.

But maybe just to try it once.

Maybe just a carto or two.

Maybe if I only do 6v when I'm havin a beer!!

Oh God!!! Here I go again!!!

Good evening everybody, My name is Mark. And I'm a juiceaholic.

:(

15. Charged

Charged Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2009
    Bloomfield, NY
    LOL good post Mark.
    Cartomizers on 6V is excellent. I'm using (2) CR123A bats in series with extended sleeve on the Chameleon. As long as the carts are good and wet there is no issue. I tend to take shorter hits as the carts will heat up pretty quick of you chain vape like I do.

16. alphafemale

alphafemale Super Member ECF Veteran

May 18, 2009
    Marshall, Michigan
    Hey Mark-Nhaler is selling Octane juice that gives you that familiar buzz that you got from analogs. I've been sampling it and it's yummy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.