KR808d-1 PCC with space for GreenCig carts

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemoyneiv

Oct 20, 2009
I just got my KR808 super kit today, and wasted no time with the Dremel to make the PCC hold my GreenCig carts. I've got pictures (before, after, with the carts in, closed) in an album here, but I don't have enough posts yet to put the pictures in this post.

Has anyone else done this?

Also: how do I interpret the lower red LED? It seems to stay on when I have a battery screwed in, even if the battery is freshly charged from USB. Should it change color or turn off when the battery is topped off?

Talk to me for 12 or so posts.

needvapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Treasure Coast Florida =)
I will talk to you about anything greencig related.. r carts..LOL.. they are my FAV.. I didnt think to dremel it out! It fits now? I am not too fond about the kr808 carts they are too strong for me but I did start rinse and refilling and they are tolerable now! Yesterday I did put a bigger slot in the cart and allowed more airflow to the cart and this helped also but still nothing like a greencig cart.. I wanna see those pics! :D
Welcome to the forum.. I am not sure about the pcc.. I put it away a long time ago after purchasing from someone prior to Drew and battery was bad.. I assumed the entire pcc and all was bad.. gonna have to pull back out, I got the red not turning off also.

lemoyneiv

Oct 20, 2009
Thanks for the welcome.

I just started vaping about a week ago. I'd seen them in malls, and heard ads on the radio (I called, heard about the automatic shipments of carts and payments, said "Hm. No.") I researched a bit online, and ordered a Red Dragon.

After I got that and did a little MORE research, it led me here where I figured out that I'd bought... well, let's say not the ideal product. It was just a rebranded e-cig.com E9. Terrible carts, terrible battery life, stupid 3 second cutoff.

After reading the thread about burning cartomizers, and hearing about how greencigs didn't burn like that, I ordered a pack of carts, thinking they would fit my RD battery (based on a post on this board somewhere.) They didn't, of course, so now I have my KR808, a few juices from Drew, greencig carts, and I couldn't be happier. The RD kept me off analogs for a week or so, but now that I've got the right gear, I actually enjoy it.

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
Thanks for the welcome.

I just started vaping about a week ago. I'd seen them in malls, and heard ads on the radio (I called, heard about the automatic shipments of carts and payments, said "Hm. No.") I researched a bit online, and ordered a Red Dragon.

After I got that and did a little MORE research, it led me here where I figured out that I'd bought... well, let's say not the ideal product. It was just a rebranded e-cig.com E9. Terrible carts, terrible battery life, stupid 3 second cutoff.

After reading the thread about burning cartomizers, and hearing about how greencigs didn't burn like that, I ordered a pack of carts, thinking they would fit my RD battery (based on a post on this board somewhere.) They didn't, of course, so now I have my KR808, a few juices from Drew, greencig carts, and I couldn't be happier. The RD kept me off analogs for a week or so, but now that I've got the right gear, I actually enjoy it.

Another welcome!

You went through what just about all of us do. A little trial and error(s) til you find the right PV and supplier for you. And good for you for staying off the analogs. Once you get the right stuff it's amazingly easy.

Now you have another problem. Drew has so many great flavors, and is continually adding more. It will drive you insane!

Beats hell out of smoking those nasty cigs though ;-)

lemoyneiv

Oct 20, 2009
That is one problem, yes. The other is that my fiancee likes to smoke from time to time (like she'll buy a pack of cloves and it'll last her a month at least) and she liked the 0-nic carts she got for the RD, but Drew doesn't have any 0-nic juice, so I'm going to have to make some for her. And then I'll have to get her her own battery and case. And then I'll have to get her... (etc etc)

Oh well. It's a bit expensive at first, but at least my lungs already feel better, and I'm not spitting everywhere.

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
That is one problem, yes. The other is that my fiancee likes to smoke from time to time (like she'll buy a pack of cloves and it'll last her a month at least) and she liked the 0-nic carts she got for the RD, but Drew doesn't have any 0-nic juice, so I'm going to have to make some for her. And then I'll have to get her her own battery and case. And then I'll have to get her... (etc etc)

Oh well. It's a bit expensive at first, but at least my lungs already feel better, and I'm not spitting everywhere.

Once you stop dropping the big bucks on starter kits that don't work you'll save a ton. For me I had to stop and calculate how true that is.

Once I REALLY added up what cigs were costing me....jeesh! Now that I'm set up, I spend much less on vaping and it's not like I'm a light vaper ;-)

lemoyneiv

Oct 20, 2009
So here we are with the pictures:

Unmolested:
lemoyneiv-albums-kr808-pcc-mod-greencig-carts-picture3325-sp1000594.jpg

lemoyneiv-albums-kr808-pcc-mod-greencig-carts-picture3326-sp1000595.jpg

Post-dremeling:
lemoyneiv-albums-kr808-pcc-mod-greencig-carts-picture3327-sp1000597.jpg

(It's not the neatest because I couldn't find the collet for my finer tool, so I had to just use a big burr cutter.)

lemoyneiv-albums-kr808-pcc-mod-greencig-carts-picture3328-sp1000599.jpg

With battery and GreenCig carts:
lemoyneiv-albums-kr808-pcc-mod-greencig-carts-picture3329-sp1000601.jpg

They even fit with the condom mouthpiece:
lemoyneiv-albums-kr808-pcc-mod-greencig-carts-picture3330-sp1000602.jpg

It also closes, which is a nice feature:
lemoyneiv-albums-kr808-pcc-mod-greencig-carts-picture3331-sp1000604.jpg

Pretty simple, really, but kind of important (to me.)

I performed te exact same procedure on my PPC using a dremel. Came out almost exactly like yours. Great job! ;) As for the greencigs, my first encounter was pretty horrible with them. Take a look at my post in the vapor4life section, thread titled "GreenCig Carts" (44799-greencig-carts.html)

If anybody has a new greencig cart that does not taste like vaping plastic/glue, please PM me and I will gladly pay for it. Judging my the incredible feedback these carts receive, I am pretty sure the carts I purchased are defective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread