Not open for further replies.

bornagainst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
www.villagermt.com
If you are using an auto battery, you'll notice there are holes in it. If you look at your cart, you will notice notches.

Put the cart on the battery as tight as it will go, then loosen it slightly. It will take a small amount of time, but just make sure you can see one of the holes in one of the notches. That'll get rid of the WHISTLE.

After that, you should notice a slow, easy drag. Practice makes perfect.

As for vapor, if you inhale and hold, like a regular cigarette, the less vapor you will produce upon exhale. The longer you hold, the less vapor comes out.

Hope that helps. Let me know if I can help any further.

Jessa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2009
Dallas, TX
Amazing! Thank you SO much for that tip!!! Huge difference!

I think I just need to get used to the lesser vapor output- I also have a Green Smoke and I've been spoiled into thinking that they all produce vapor like that (which is great, but GS doesn't give much of a throat hit at the lesser levels).

New question- does anyone have cartomizer recommendations? I want authentic tasting flavors. A couple I tried today were very perfume-ish tasting. Bleh.

Jessa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2009
Dallas, TX
I'm not really sure. I like Green Smoke's vanilla...and I like the coffee I got today, well the aftertaste. While I'm taking a drag I get that perfume whiff.

I *think* I would like sweet earthy flavors most. Clove, cinnamon, almond, etc.

Do you have a recommendation for where to get blank carts & juices? I was going to buy a bunch of juices from v4l, since they're pretty cheap for the small ones, but I'm so afraid they're going to be perfume-ish too.

Have I mentioned I've never even taken apart a cart too? :p

bornagainst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
www.villagermt.com
grimmgreen just did a review of V4L clove. It's in the review section. I've never tried it, so I can't honestly say.

The Coffee and Cappucino carts are insanely popular with the cartomizer crowd...capp for me moreso.

Lastly, pineapple. Oh, the pineapple. :)

For my tobacco vape, I am all about Kamel now. It's wicked.

bornagainst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
www.villagermt.com
I just watched a couple of KR808D-1 videos...seems like they're getting a lot more vapor productive than I am. Are these models all created equal, are some better than others...?

I'm on my second e-cig in 2 weeks and I just want to make sure I'm not throwing money away...

All my hardware is from V4L but a KR808 is a KR808 is a KR808, pretty much. Although some will say you get more vapor from a manual battery than an auto, more from a passthru than a manual....

All depends, really.

contournc

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
North Carolina
Hey! Just wanted to say that a reduced PG (PG and VG mix) works great in KR-808D cartomizers. More vapor, rivals the USB passthru,
whiter, dense vapor. I have no need for manuals, longer batts and all that other paraphenalia. I am using V4L carts, but will be going elsewhere to find blanks if they aren't available soon.

Snarkyone

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Your mom said not to say...
Yes it is fine. It's formulated a bit thicker so it burns slower. It is great for manuals as well with no cutoff times. I have used it in my auto models no problem as well. It taste really good in your Protege when you get it. The HV really brings out the flavors but it's great at 3.7v as well in my book, tasty stuff indeed.

Contour can tell you exactly where he gets it but I too have seen it around places. I have both VG and PG at the house for making my own juices and I find that it's perfect to have around to tweak existing recipes to the E-Cig I am using. If I want more vapor I throw a couple of drops of VG in the mix, if I want more throat hit I throw a couple of drop of PG in.

Last edited:

Jessa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2009
Dallas, TX
Yes it is fine. It's formulated a bit thicker so it burns slower. It is great for manuals as well with no cutoff times. I have used it in my auto models no problem as well. It taste really good in your Protege when you get it. The HV really brings out the flavors but it's great at 3.7v as well in my book, tasty stuff indeed.

Contour can tell you exactly where he gets it but I too have seen it around places. I have both VG and PG at the house for making my own juices and I find that it's perfect to have around to tweak existing recipes to the E-Cig I am using. If I want more vapor I throw a couple of drops of VG in the mix, if I want more throat hit I throw a couple of drop of PG in.

Cool, thanks! :)

I swear, the amount of information I need to become a well-informed e-smoker, I should be given a degree!

Last edited:

contournc

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
North Carolina
The juice I'm talking about is from Johnsoncreeksmokejuice.com. And it's made in the USA!!
They offer all PG and reduced PG recipes in around 10 flavors. The reduced PG I tried was like 70% PG and 30% VG (Tenesse Cured flavor). I ordered 1 15ml bottle to try, cause I'm getting tired of getting cart flavors that I don't care for. But I ordered 3 more bottles Wenesday because for me, this stuff is great and works better than I thought in KR-808D cartomizers. (I'm a Vapor King customer). Great vapor and the most flavor of any i have tried (probably all Chinese Kanger stuff). I mainly only vape tobacco flavors, but they have fruit, choc, vanilla and Expresso coffee which I'm waiting on. This stuff seems to last longer and never change flavor, and it seems like the cartomizers hold up better. Check out the website!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread